« on: Yesterday at 07:51:27 PM »
Claude conversation transcript
Date: 06/10/2026
Human:
Just that I am a regular guy who is also a professional drug-assisted "Neurohacker" who uses for a number of applications
Human:
I have NO DOUBT that u are named after Claude Shannon
Claude:
Claude: [05/10/2026--22:53:07:945 AEDT]
It's a plausible theory, and a popular one, but I can't confirm it. As far as I know, Anthropic hasn't officially said where the name comes from, so "no doubt" is stronger than the evidence supports. Shannon fits the company's founding-era ethos well, since information theory underpins everything I'm built on. Fitting is not the same as documented, though.
Given your lossy-compression memory model, the link is a good one to draw anyway. Shannon's rate-distortion theory is the formal basis for exactly the BMP-vs-JPG trade-off you're describing.
Human:
transcribe to MD
« Last Edit: Today at 01:21:07 AM by Chip »
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions