Claude: [04/10/2026--13:29:44:522 AEDT]
I read "next weekend" as leaving Sat 10 or Sun 11 October. You didn't give a return date, so these are the fares I could find nearest to those dates. I couldn't get a live Flight Centre quote for those dates. The prices below are from other sites, and Flight Centre should be able to match or beat them if you call.
**Sydney to Bangkok (return):**
- Cheapest around your dates: one aggregator shows a VietJet return departing Fri 9 Oct at AU$686. The cheapest return fares there start at about $600 on AirAsia, then $621 on China Southern.
- A one-way Scoot fare for Sat 10 Oct was listed at about $253. It has one stop in Singapore and takes about 26 hours.
- Nonstop is dearer. Thai Airways' own site shows returns from about AU$1,270 for Sat 10 Oct to Sat 24 Oct. Kayak lists Bangkok Airways, Emirates, Qantas and Thai as the nonstop carriers.
**Sydney to Buenos Aires (return):**
- Cheapest recent return: about AU$1,965 on American Airlines, departing Wed 14 Oct. Expedia lists it returning Sun 22 Nov.
- Momondo shows a LATAM return via Santiago for about $2,161, 14 to 26 Oct. The outbound takes about 19 hours.
- For a Sat 10 Oct departure I found no fares below about AU$2,058, from American Airlines' own site. There are no nonstops on this route.
Short-notice return fares are usually higher than these "from" prices. For Bangkok, leaving Friday or Saturday on the cheap Asian carriers gets you the lowest price, but with a long stopover. For Buenos Aires, leaving a few days later (14 Oct) saves roughly AU$100 or more.
If you give me a return date, I can look for fares for that exact trip.