Note: I saw the red box about this post being over 120 days old,but I'm new to this board cause I didn't know it existed. I was on opiophile since like 2007. Hope there's nothing wrong with posting on an older thread.
I quit methadone in December after being at the clinic for two and a half years. I was at a dose of 100 for 1 1/2 years then went up to 180 during the last year I was there. I quit cold turkey in order to get a job that did not only disapprove of the clinic but at which my hours of work are so early and long that it would have made daily visits impossible. I am required to work many days from 1-2am until after noon. I also never know my shift until the day before. 'What kinda job is that?' you may ask. It's a really good steady job and that is what my life and my family's life needs.
However,quitting from that high of a dose was greatly frowned upon by clinic friends and of course against the doctor's recommendation. But I didn't want to do the 18-week taper that he advised because I needed work(money) asap. So I just quit,and without ANY opiates to help. After two weeks I remembered about Loperamide and how I had read how it helped people from opiophile. So I used lope starting at the two week mark and it was a life-saver. It allowed me a good deal of comfort while starting the new,extremely physical job I had taken. I used lope for about a month and tapered off of it. At that same time,I discovered the benefits of Kratom. Kratom was MY THING until it was outlawed in my state by our embarrassing poor example of a governor. My use had gotten up to almost an ounce a day and I really relied on it for stamina at work.
Except for the little help that Kratom gave me,I have definitely struggled with PAWS since quitting the Methadone. And now since it was outlawed I have returned to opiates. I NEVER felt right even 6 months after quitting. Several years ago when I did a long taper off of Suboxone,i felt totally different,much more comfortable and able to maintain sobriety much easier. This time,between the Lope and Kratom, I was struggling every day just wondering what I was gonna take to get me motivated to carry on with life and work. I began by using oxy 30's then finding opana ER 20's and 30's. I also found that my tolerance had not recovered much since quitting Methadone. When I started back I could easily shoot 3 roxy 30's and that felt like the right amount. Most of the time I can't afford a $105 shot,being as oxy30's are $35 here. I found opana ER 30's,and sometimes 20's,and they have worked wonders. However,there is still the ever-present threat of random drug tests at work so I plan on tapering sometime soon and hopefully being successful at staying off totally.