Many successful people use/used drugs. I definitely think it has a lot to do with resources as stated in the forum already.
Many political leaders are reported to have been addicts/used drugs regularly.
Some examples of political leaders using narcotics- Rob Ford, the mayor in Canada who was a good ol crackaholic. There's footage of him smoking crack with either the bloods or crips, can't recall which.
Bill Clinton- former governor of Arkansas, and US president was said to have been smuggling coke through Mena, Arkansas. Supposedly he was snorting and smoking coke to the point he's been hospitalized several times for cocaine overdose. Check out the Clinton chronicles if you wanna hear some crazy shit about the Clinton's.
JFK- former US president, supposedly any time you saw him walking around or publicly speaking was because he was pumped full of pain meds to combat his chronic pain problems. It was said without them he could not even function enough to walk or talk.
Adolf hitler- used that good ol German marching powder. His personal physician would shoot him up a few times a day with what was claimed by his doctor to be a mixture of vitamins and minerals.
Nancy Reagon-was said to be addicted to sleeping tranquilizers, and rumored to be her motivation for starting the just say no movement. Fucking hypocrite. And her husband was diverting drug money to fund illegal political wars.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing video footage of Both presidents george bush jr, and Obama admitting to using cocaine before becoming president.
I wonder who else we will find out is using drugs? I think there are a lot of high functioning addicts, despite what N.A. or recovery groups will tell you.
With the high volume of heroin usage in the US, there will surely be political leaders using it.