dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: anyone on here ever 'hang on usenet adh group at all....  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Dan60 (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Dan60 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 02, 2016, 08:20:08 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
anyone on here ever 'hang on usenet adh group at all....
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »
...and know where it went?
Just curious if any of those people are still around as it's all ads on there now :-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mimi

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Mimi is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2019, 12:55:31 PM
  • C'est la vie......
Re: anyone on here ever 'hang on usenet adh group at all....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:21:49 AM »
I stumbled across usenet/ADH (there were actually two discussion groups -- alt.drugs.hard and alt.drugs.heroin)  in the early days of the internet (back when you had to pay AOL by the hour or whatever to use it!)

It was pretty much the first gathering place online for junkies and I both learned a lot there and made several real-world friends.  It was a great place to
go for information for everything from how to cop to harm reduction to chemistry.  It even received occasional main-stream media attention a few times.

As the whole online world grew, I think the usenet format became cumbersome -- that, along with the lack of moderation combined with an
abundance of trolls pretty much spelled the end of ADH, probably about 7 or 8 years ago.

I know that its most recent incarnation was as part of "google groups" but I'm not sure that it exists any longer.    During the last 8 or 9 years of ADH
it was a mere shadow of its former self, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if there are many ADHers left.  I guess I'm an elder-generation junkie!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal