dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Flooding in midwest  (Read 5659 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Flooding in midwest
« on: January 04, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »
I have always wondered what would happen if you stole from a pharmacy when a flood, riot, or other catastrophic event happened. I have always thought the first place I would go if an apocalyptic event happened would be a pharmacy and then places like walmart, and hunting and fishing stores. I would think that they would be over-run with people but finding a grocery store with a pharmacy in it would be a jackpot. One place I would definitely go is a library to get info on everything I might need to survive I don't hear many people think about that.

I would grab as much of everything as I could especially narcotics, and antibiotics. Obviously both would come in handy in the event something like that happened, if anyone got injured, broke anything, got an infection or fatal sickness they would be highly sought after. Can you imagine having a whole pharmacies stock of the goods? If you could find a factory where they make pharmeceuticals would be insane. They would probably have tens of thousands opiates and containers full of the active ingredient.

What made me think about this is seeing all these pictures of the flooding happening in the midwest. It's crazy they got so much water, if you haven't seen pictures you should look at some and also videos of dumb people trying to drive through tons of water thinking their car is a boat. I know that when katrina, and some of the riots happened pharmacies were broke into and robbed.

I was wondering if they could catch anyone that did that, there is a few feet of water everywhere knocking out all power so they couldn't use surveillance cameras. Finger prints and other stuff linking you to the robbery would be minimal because of the flooding and everything else. I don't know if I wouldn't do it if I had a boat and and thought I could get away with it. Anyone else thought of this before? It would be like a kid in willy wonkas chocolate factory or a fish released back into water.

I would think the chances of you being caught would be minimal in a case of a natural disaster where all the power was knocked out and even more so in a flood because cops and people can't get around as well. You could just take the whole narcotics safe along with trash bags full of all the other fun meds and hit up a few more. If it was an apocalyptic event and I knew someone with asthma or diabetes I would grab meds for those and other meds that would be needed like antibiotics and anything else that seemed like it would be useful.

I can't even imagine having free pick of whatever I want that they had, it would be bananas. All of the opana, fent lollipops, oxyfast, vials of liquid hydromorphone. By the time you run out you should of had enough time to plant and harvest your poppy field. I wonder what it would be like if they changed the laws so that you could get whatever you wanted from a pharmacy without a prescription. Having your pick of the litter and picking and choosing whenever you wanted on your way to the infinite-tolerance.

Has anyone seen or heard about people doing this when a riot or natural disaster happened? When I was in high school a few kids robbed a van a few times that brings meds to the pharmacy or the ones that bring meds to people who couldn't get them. I forgot which it was but they had a few trash bags full of pills it was insane. Especially since they did it at gun point, thats like 10 years at least if they would of been caught. I often day dream of being able to have whatever I wanted and stuff like that, it would be glorious until you ran out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:05 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Flooding in midwest
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »
it's called looting but if you needed your meds and the opportunity presented then be sure to leave a waterproof note so that you can furnish a script and repay them for the cost sometime later.

otherwise, it's a slippery slope downhill.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:40:21 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Unless you were armed and prepared to do battle I would stay far away from a pharmacy in any looting situation.

But yeah we can dream... :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:40:34 PM »
I know the did so during Andrew before the national guard and all the like showed up.

Andrew was forecast to slam into broward county, luckily it smashed into southern dade.

I don't know what happened during Katrina as I don't have first hand knowledge, but I did read something where a ex marine did break into a local supermarket and the like to get food, water and I believe some medications for the people in his apartment building who were trapped.(it did mention heart meds, insulin and the like)

He did all this by swimming with the stuff floating behind him in plastic coolers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »

THat's a pretty cool story Corlene, I've not heard of that, or many GOOD instances of looting.

That guy is brave, 'cause store owners defending their store, or National Guard, or PoPo don't know a looter's intentions.  987 times out of 1000, it would seem that they are NOT honorable, so Shoot First; Ask Later is very much in play.

Agree with St. T.: If SHTF, there are places you want to avoid, the Pharmacy would be high on the list.  Being a devious fuck, one might surveille pharmacies, and see what is up. 

In a scenario where 99,990 out of 100,000 people die (say from a horrible virus), then you might have free-reign over the local pharmacies.  Still worth scoping them out before waltzing in.

Interesting scenarios.  In a Katrina-like situation, I'd try to stay as invisible as possible.  Some people will just as likely kill you just in case you have something they want.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 09:26:02 PM »
Live electric, gators etc. Guy is a real hero.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions