dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Is your doctor a moron?  (Read 52543 times)

Offline rcrumb

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rcrumb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 29, 2020, 04:18:53 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Is your doctor a moron?
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »
Using WebMD everytime you visit? Lol might want to do a little research on your doc and find out where she went to school/got her med degree.
She sounds phony, there are some docs out there who aren't even real fckin doctors. They practice medicine because fly by night clinics will hire them.

I've had tons of bad doctors, and the good ones I could count on 1 hand. With fingers left over.

Growing up I thought doctors were really smart and had it all together, turns out most of them don't. My brother almost died from a bad diagnosis by an Indian doctor who can barely speak English. Not saying anything against Indian doctors, I know there's bad white ones too. But not being able to communicate with your doctor because he doesn't speak adequate English is pretty ridiculous.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 02:48:13 AM »

I was going to say it, but I didn't want to.  I'm glad you did. Maybe medical lawyers are the sort of worlds colliding asshole uber alles of the world?

Actually I bet they cancel each other out and these are the nicest people around, lol.  But practicing medical doctors who are also a practicing attorneys must be as scarce as hen's teeth, at least in North America.  You'd need to put in like eighteen or twenty years of schooling and training to be bar-admitted and board-certified, and you can't even really make that much more money, since there's only so many billable hours in the week after all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
So I posted earlier in this thread about asking my doc a few times about low T with no luck of getting tested, well now I really want to get on it, and want help on what I should do. I have brought it up to my doc like 4-5x but it never goes anywhere and I really want to get tested this month to see if I have low T because I have all the symptoms and I want some motivation/energy and to lose some weight. Im going on a diet and going to start working out a bit but I have zero motivation right now which sucks.

How should I approach this with my doc to get tested this month? If he won't test me should I find another doctor to do it? What kind of doctor should I goto? Family doctor/general practitioner? All the males in my family got on at 35 with no opiate use and I really hope this works for me and cures up some of the symptoms I have, I'd be kind of shocked if it wasn't low but I wont know until I get tested so I have to figure out to go about doing that.

I might see if the nurse will get a blood sample out of me before he comes in and then go from there, the doc is lazy and doesn't like appointments that are longer than 10 minutes so I could see that being the reason why he has blown it off every time I bring it up. Any tips would be appreciated though I have an appt in 2 weeks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Mine is, a lot of people think he is a pill mill but he has chilled out on that. I liked that he was compassionate and gave me opana despite my age when I had proof of pain. But i know a lot of people who he gave oxys to because they said they were on them already and he didn't ask for proof from them or from me. He gave me opana my first appointment without any paperwork or scripts being brought in.

On the other hand he is very dumb and not thorough at all. All his appointments last 5-10 minutes tops and I think a lot of people go there for narcotics. I know a lot of people from my clinic who go their and everyone was getting a ton of benzos and opiates when I first started going, He has cut down a lot, but He won't test you for anything which is annoying.

I also hate that every single doctor including this one I have ever been to since I was 14 has asked or recommended that I try an anti depressant. I was on them from 14-19 and they never helped, always made things worse, especially suicidal thoughts. I got better after getting off them even though I still have anxiety and depression, opiates have stopped my panic attacks 100% so I hate being asked to try a different one every time I see a doctor. They guinea pigged me on 5 of them already I have been much better since I stopped taking them 6 years ago.

My doctor assumes I am fine which I probably am but I have been trying to get my testosterone levels tested for months as well as trying to figure out why my tremors are so bad. I can't eat with a fork or spoon sometimes. I have wanted to make sure I don't have diabetes or something from my sugar intake because of the shaking and my hands and face going numb but he won't even do a blood test for anything.

I think I have parkinsons some times because how bad the tremors gets especially if I try to hold anything in place or have controlled movement. My face and cheeks tremor when I smile and I drop shit constantly. Sometimes it is really bad where if I stand up my leg will noticeably shake like when you are extremely nervous but it does it out of no where. If i try to hold a pen in the same spot on a piece of paper my hand shakes so much that i make marks all over up to 6 inches away. I have all but 2 or 3 of the symptoms for it.

He just blows me off every time I ask about my tremors or bring up getting my testosterone tested. I have contemplated bringing in a vial of my blood so that he doesn't have to do anything except get a nurse to send it somewhere. Yeah maybe i am a bit of a hypochondriac but I am paying for the shit, it'd be nice to get something besides my monthly benzo and blood pressure script if I am going to a doctor anyway. Every male on my dads side of my family and on my moms are on testosterone replacement and most started around 35, it isn't unreasonable.

Anyone else have super high blood pressure because of MMT? Mine is directly related to done and my weight gain from being on done. It's always super high, and is worse the first 5 hours after taking it. I hardly ever take my blood pressure meds(bystolic) because I hate taking meds(that's ironic). I am hoping when I get down to a normal weight that it goes to normal but the done always makes pulse and bp high anyone else have this or know why it happens? Shouldn't it go down?

I am 180lbs now which is super fat for me as I have been 135 my entire life until I got on MMT. Within a year of starting done I got up to 225 which was 100lbs more than when I started. I dropped down to 185 when I got off after getting arrested and haven't gone up since getting back on thank god even though I eat candy constantly my dose is 90 instead of 280 so I think that is why.

Sorry for the complete derail I may make my own thread or ask in the MMT side effects thread but I thank if I had a normal doctor I would of been tested a long time ago for all this shit.

I forget, do you have health insurance? If so, but even if not, ask you primary care doctor to give you a referral to an endocrinologist. There they can do the blood tests.

It's funny (not really) but obesity is much more likely to casue health problems than opiate use. Most people I know on methadone gains weight. I think I heard that now 1 in 3 Americans are expected to get diabetes because we are very much a country of fat people. Other symptoms include constant thirst and sweet tasting urine (no joke).

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:47:38 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »
I've got medicaid, I found a few sites of doctors that do testosterone specifically but none of them take insurance and seem like pill mills for testosterone. Yeah I gained 90lbs within 9 months of getting on MMT, I have lost 40 of it and am going on a diet again to try and lose another 30.

I have zero energy or motivation though I think some of this comes from the MMT but I have always been like that it's just a bit worse. I have always blamed it on my depression, and when I got on opiates all that stuff went away but now that I am on MMT it's back and seems worse.

I never get out of bed, besides school, and going to the bathroom or grocery store I am in my bed most of the day and have zero motivation to get out. I lost 25lbs when I got arrested and stayed off MMT for 4 months and another 15 when I first started and have stayed at this weight despite having an awful diet which consists of 75% junk food and candy.

I am hoping the diet and exercise will help me lose weight and get some energy and motivation back. I think that since I am fat I consider myself extremely unattractive and that is making the depression/laziness worse so hopefully I can get in shape and get some confidence back. I always thought I was unattractive though and had a borderline eating disorder when I was younger.

I was fat when I was like 12 when I got into middle school I started putting on sweat suits and exercising all day and never eating I got down to 120lbs and stayed there until I got out of high school. Then went back down to 120 when I got on opiates. I considered myself fat at 135(i'm 5'9 145 is a healthy weight for me). I was always worried about my weight partly due to wrestling but mostly because I hate being fat.

When I got on MMT I blew up and it has killed my confidence completely, plus i have a lazy eye that has gotten way worse this last year idk why, my left eye is looking to the left when my right eye is straight I look like crazy eyes on big daddy 90% of the time now which I hate. I think I am going to get glasses to see if that helps make it less noticeable, I need to wear them anyway my vision is 20/80.

Your right about obesity being a huge problem, it's worse than most things. My oldest brother has been big his whole life in 8th grade he was over 200, and now he is closer to 300. We are starting to worry about the health effects now. Diabetes, cholesterol, heart problems, and everything else associated with it. I pray that testosterone helps me lose weight because I am going to go anorexic again if I don't get laid this year.

I just emailed medicaid about what I need to do to get it covered, and what doctors I can goto that test and prescribe for it. I hope my doctor that I have been seeing for the last 2 years just tests me and sends in the paperwork if I am low, and that it helps with some of these problems I have, cause I need help.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »
last time I saw a doctor, I was depressed as hell and told him I was having trouble doing normal activities.

he proceeds to talk about agoraphobia and tried to look it up on his computer but was pronouncing and spelling it "agrophobia" so he could even find it.

I know there are good doctors out there but this whole "anyone can be a doctor" mentality is hurting the profession tremendously
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Griffin

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:16 AM »
Hah at least it being called agro phobia makes sense, I can't leave my house I am scared of all the agriculture or some shit.. hah. Do you mean everyone thinks they are a doctor because they look up random shit on webmd or people thinking they can become doctors when they should not be doctors?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:56 AM »
Push for the test. Don't take no for am answer... it shouldn't be too hard... it's done like any other blood test. Once you have the results, make sure you go early morning to take the test, a script will be easy to get. But that does not mean you will get injectables. Make sure to get your estrogen levels checked too so you can get a baseline... it'll be important if you need meds to suppress your e later.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
Hah at least it being called agro phobia makes sense, I can't leave my house I am scared of all the agriculture or some shit.. hah. Do you mean everyone thinks they are a doctor because they look up random shit on webmd or people thinking they can become doctors when they should not be doctors?

the latter; just because you got through med school, that doesn't qualify you to be a good healthcare professional

I dont have a problem with a doctor using the internet during consult now and then, theres an infinite amount of shit they need to know at all times. But if you've been a doctor for over 20 years like that guy was, and you cannot find agoraphobia even with the help of a computer because you dont know how to say it or spell it, maybe its time to stop pretending to be a doctor.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the profession, and that its my fault for seeing a GP instead of a mental health pro, but I don't think we should be telling kids that everyone can be Cosmonaut Attorney, MD. I'd tell my kid that anyone can try to be whatever they want, but that some things are going to fit more than others.

Why do I get the feeling that standards for hair stylists are higher than they are for doctors? Is it just down to the efficacy of mirrors?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »
With all the specialization that occurs in the field I think some doctors are just in the wrong field. None of them are out and out morons. Some should be in a lab doing trials others should be pediatricians but few can fill the role of all-around GP who just happens to be extremely competent with anything that crosses his path.  I'm thinking of TV doctors who, at a glance off the top of their heads, without research diagnose and know treatment for all things.

When my mother had breast cancer, I went with her to meet the oncologyst who was to oversee her chemo. The woman NEVER explained to my mom WHAT cancer even is, let alone why she insisted she undergo chemo for a statistically better chance at a less than overwhelmng proof of efficacy. This was her all-day specialty and she couldn't explain WHY she was asking my mom to undergo a year of hell and couldn't promise any better outcome. She no bedside manner, none. She hardly had any interpsersonal skill I that I could see.

If you find a good GP who doesn't judge you or have some other agenda (seeing the maximum patients per hour for the HMO or insurance company) try to keep them and ask for referrals in areas you feel they are out of their depth.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:29:11 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 03:00:05 AM »
A good doctor is damn near impossible to find... how many doctors would actually admit they don't know something? I feel like most 'em would just swing the knife anyways...

Oh and Griffin, I'm 5'9" and weigh about 175 lbs right now... but, truthfully, I don't think anybody would say I'm fat. Even though the charts do... testosterone tends to do that to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »
Yeah my brother is an inch shorter than me and 10 lbs heavier and doesn't have any fat on him, I just have always been small, have a small frame, and don't have much muscle mass, but luckily I am stronger than I look. I am going to see the doc in 2 weeks, I haven't had any luck finding anyone who specializes in it who takes medicaid so far but I am going to keep looking. I'm looking for a new gp too. I like mine mainly because he writes me benzos and his appts only take 5 minutes but when something is actually wrong he isn't very good.

He offers me anti-depressants a lot. I HATE when docs do that, they seem like such money grubbers. Every single appointment he asks me how much longer am I going to be on methadone and that I need to get off it immediately. Same guy who prescribed me opana and benzos my first appointment without any of my medical history or records. He was known at my clinic for giving everyone an opiate, a benzo, and adderal. He was sued after one of his patients was arrested selling pills and now he's more thorough and only prescribes benzos if you are a new patient.

I think it was more about money than compassion but who knows. I really dreaded when my clinic had to tell him I was on done once I got the benzo script. Does everyone else clinic do this? To keep your benzo script they are required to fax the doctor a letter letting them know you are on done, your dose, and the effects of being on benzos and done at the same time and then call and confirm that he received it before your UAs are allowed to have benzos in them.

It is a good idea probably but it was annoying. He has cut my benzo script down each visit, since I started I now get 30 1 mg ativan and 20 .25 xanax a month. The first appt he started me on 90 20 mg opana, 90 1 mg xanax, and 90 10 mg valium. He took me off the opiates in the first 6 months, and every appointment he cuts the benzos a little bit either quantity or dose.

That is what I want with the benzos because it lasts me 2-4 days each month and I don't take any more throughout the month. I have stayed away from a habit for almost 2 years this way, with minimal destruction to my life. Benzos and me don't mix well I always fuck something up but haven't been able to say no to the script yet. They do me more harm then good honestly but I need to feel a little something other wise I go crazy, thats why 3 days of the months my posts don't make sense(hah probably way more than that but you know what I mean

Neighbor. I have only seen one good doctor in my life so far that was a GP. He was an older guy, and very into homeopathic remedies and tried to stay away from antibiotics if possible I wish I still had his recipe for tea that helps with colds and flu. It was like elderberry tea with honey and a bunch of other stuff like peppermint, ginger, lemon, it really worked.

I have always been interested if it would help with w/d especially oscillococcinum I made a thread about it on ophile a few years ago and a few people had tried it and said it doesn't work at all, and that it was made from goose shit or something, but I'd still like to hear if anyone else has tried it or any other homeopathic remedies that helped.

He was the one who told me about using honey that was produced close to where you live to help with allergies, because it has some of the allergens in your area in it and helps you build a tolerance or something. I wish we all were a little bit more reserved with the use of antibiotics (I believe 75% of all anti-biotics produced go to factory farms for animals, and that has got to be fucking us.) Medically resistant anything scare the shit out of me, like mrsa, no thanks!

Thanks for the info on getting my T levels checked, Ill update you guys of my next appointment or if I find someone else who will do it. Everywhere else doesn't take any insurance and are $300+ a month cash pay to get on it. They don't seem much better than any drug dealer other than they send your blood work to a lab and unless your above normal you get approved.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Our Community Board
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »
GPs can and do prescribe testosterone. Most doctors will want to start you on the gel though... are you okay with that?

Really, once you get your levels checked (there's places you can pay out of pocket to get specific things checked... it's expensive though... like $50 for testosterone... and another $50 for estrogen or something... they charge you for each thing you want to get tested), you could start your own regimen with a little bit of research.

Most people doing testosterone replacement therapy, not body building doses, are going to dose around 100-250 mgs a week. Probably in the middle. Doctors will want to put you on the lower end but I find most people say they feel their best with a little extra. Just to give you an example, a 250 mg dose of testosterone gets *me* to around 1400 ng/dl when tested one day after an injection. This dose makes me feel *great*. The highest natural testosterone levels are in the 1200 ng/dl range and most doctors will probably not want to take you above 800 ng/dl.

On the web, I can buy a 450 mg/per ml testosterone blend (it's just different esters of testosterone... basically the only difference is half life and one ester might weigh a little more than another) that comes in a 10 ml bottle for about $70. So 4500 mgs of testosterone. Now, you do have to factor in shipping charges and western union fees, and there might be a minimum order, but that one bottle is enough to last you months doing a weekly dose ~200 mgs.

*Dont forget to get your estrogen levels checked and make sure they don't get too high!*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 03:39:56 PM »
Do you know if probation or other UAs like from the clinic test for it? I am fine with anything, are there pills as well? Is the shot the best way to go? If you don't mind me asking how old were you when you got on it or found you had low T? Is there anything wrong with the gel? The only thing I have read is that it could rub off on other people and how much actually gets in your system is different for everyone so they have to wait and see how well it gets in your system through it going on the skin.

It seems like an easier alternative than a weekly shot. I hate having anything on me though especially lotion on my hands or anywhere really. It makes me feel like I wouldn't be able to turn a door knob the whole day, but I am fine after a minute. I think I am borderline autistic or aspergers because I hate when people touch me or having wet hands, or anything on me. That is one reason restaurants love me I wash my hands every 5 minutes because I hate having stuff on them. I don't think the gel would bother me enough not to use it though.

Is having increased estrogen a common sign for people with low T, or are they usually both low? Does your Estrogen levels rise when you are on testosterone as well? What are the side effects of that? Gynecomastia? shrinking balls? Has anyone experienced weight gain from testosterone? That would suck unless it was muscle. I hope this gives me that extra bump I am looking for with the motivation, depression, sex drive, and energy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Our Community Board
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »
I doubt it... you have to do a blood test to test for testosterone, I don't think you can use urine.

I was like 25 I think.

The gel can indeed rub off on others and cause side effects. Other than that, it's a daily thing vs weekly. And I think you just don't have as much control over dosages with it... you can only get your testosterone levels so high with the gel. No body builders use the gel because of that. There are pills but they are toxic to your liver or kidneys or something. It's best to use testosterone parentally. And the gel is used under the armpits... I don't know if this would prevent you from being able to use deodorant? We methadoners sweat enough as it is... they have patches too. I think you actually put them on your ball sack.

Your body maintains a ratio with testosterone and estrogen. So, and this is made up, if it's a 10 to 1 ratio, your estrogen will go up accordingly if you take your testosterone to 1000. If your estrogen gets too high, you could experience side effects like gynecomastia. This is easily controlled by using aromatase inhibitors (these come in a pill). However, you need some estrogen. Destroying all your estrogen will actually kill your libido too. So it's a good idea to know what your baseline is. Because dosage is going to be different for everyone and it's going to be a guess and check type of thing. This way you'll have an idea of how low you need to go.

Just having low testosterone (number wise) does not mean you will necessarily have symptoms of low T. Everyone is different and the numbers are just a guideline... some people feel fine with 400 ng/dl. Same with high estrogen. You may or may not be sensitive to gynecomastia.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:08:48 PM by Guts »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 04, 2016, 04:33:44 PM »
fyi, in Aus, getting caught with unscripted steroids is worse than regular drugs.

we have a culture of drinking here and they say that violence is aggravated by steroids ... things were getting out of hand so they introduced bar/club lockout/sale bans laws a while ago and this was an unmentioned part of that.

it must be different in the US ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions