dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• D&U election 2016. 5 0 10 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: D&U election 2016.  (Read 37277 times)

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
Re: D&U election 2016.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 01:19:26 AM »
I totally get what you're saying Z, I had a feeling you might not want to stay on as a mod. For what it's worth, I think you did a lovely job.  :)

i didnt have any problem with you Z, which is why i also nominated you.

i thought about tryin to nominate myself for mod but i dont think that i read enough sub-forums to do that properly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 01:52:06 AM »
I wasn't gonna do this again but after giving it some thought and seeing the posts here I'll stand again for admin.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 06:55:29 PM »
I gave it a bit more thought too.  If there are unfilled spaces then Ill offer to chipper that he can put my name where he thinks its appropriate.  If other people want to give it a shot, then I will happily stand aside for them.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 09:45:09 AM »
I gave it a bit more thought too.  If there are unfilled spaces then Ill offer to chipper that he can put my name where he thinks its appropriate.  If other people want to give it a shot, then I will happily stand aside for them.

If still, there are unfilled spaces, I'd like to nominate myself, but I don't want Z to step back. I only nominate myself if there are still unfilled spaces after Z. I'd vote for him before I'd vote for myself.
Dizzle man, this site needs you. You are easily one of the most respected people on this forum and were also on opiophile.

I'll give everyone my background. Been doing drugs since I was 13 (albeit just pot back then) got into other shit at 16. Been a daily opiate addict since I was 18 (10 years ago) I've had periods of being clean, taking suboxone or methadone. I've been off all opiates 3 times (when I first moved to Florida and had no connects or friends(within 1500 miles) and a strict dad whos couch I was sleeping on--was 19 at the time) the other two times, once i weaned off suboxone for a girlfriend. the third time was county jail for a few months.

I've been a member of Opiophile since 2008. I joined this forum after Opiophile's demise (had not heard of it until Opiophile vanished) and I regularly check the forum daily. As a regular member, I check only a couple sub-forums and don't respond all that often, my post count being I believe around 200. As a moderator, I would do what the job requires, and that means reading every sub-forum and every thread, regardless of any personal interest.

In real life, I'm a dead-head and I like to think I get along with just about everyone. There may be people on this forum who don't particularly like me, but if that's the case, it's not because I've started shit with them, they must not like who i am, which is fair enough, not everyone likes everyone. I'm not sure if  this quality will help me as a moderator or make it harder for me to moderate.

However, I do consider this tight-nit community very very important to me. I would do my best to serve this forum as moderator and would be open to all criticism.

I'll be moving to another state in less than 3 weeks, but I'll be packing my computer in my suitcase (I'm not bringing all my belongings, just some clothes and my computer, few months later I'll fly back down, and either load a car or a u-haul and drive it all back up) BUT with that said, I have a smartphone, there are local libraries, but most importantly, I'm bringing my PC and monitor. There was a time period that I wasn't very active on this forum and on opiophile. The reason being my PC fried and I was either using a 14 year old laptop (which wouldn't even run windows, too slow, had to run Linux which barely worked) or I just flat out had no computer. But I have a PC now, which I take GREAT care of as it was close to $1k. And if elected moderator, if I lost my PC, I'd be sure to use my smartphone and local libraries to access the forum, as I'd have an obligation to the members here and to the site owners/founders.

Last comment (which I mentioned in the beginning)- I do not wish my nomination to come before Z. Z has been a good mod, I think, and I do not wish for him to decide to step back, because I'm stepping up.
also, again DIZZLE. you've been a great admin, your well respected, now is not the time to step down.

Also, in a case like Z, perhaps if he doesn't really want to mod, but will if nobody is going to step up, maybe we can start setting up sub-forum specific mods? Like, on opiophile, Candy was the moderator for all the health related forums. What I'm suggesting is maybe having global moderators we vote for, but maybe global moderators can be given the choice to semi-retire into a sub-forum specific moderator position?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fat Pie

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Fat Pie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 12, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Hi guys. I haven't been around nearly enough for this place, and while I'd love another chance to actually contribute to the forum now that my life has slowly started turning back from the brink and things are beginning to come together, I can totally get behind giving someone else a chance to do the job justice if that is what folks would prefer. I certainly feel very inferior compared to Diz, who's been an excellent admin, and despite several issues which have popped up here over the past year has always maintained his integrity and professionalism. This board certainly owes him a debt of gratitude.

I've mentioned that I've been swamped with study and work numerous times (I've just earned my BA, I'm studying a full-time MA, and I have two part-time jobs, one of which is doing admin for a cycle training organisation which services schools and teaches kids how to ride both off and on-road, the other of which is working for the university helping to host events, like open days, careers fairs etc), but that seems like a hollow excuse when I think about it. I have no idea why D&U hasn't occupied my mind in the same way that Opiophile did. I guess in many ways I'm still getting over what an awful mess that whole thing was. I'm getting better at juggling responsibilities in general, but I just haven't been giving D&U the respect it deserves.

It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by the remains of what I managed to salvage from the place, including every image and every avatar that was ever posted to the board (those of departed members who are no longer with us hit home especially hard, given that these may be some of the last photos of them alive). I'm happy to share the whole archive with everyone, though I imagine most people want nothing to do with the old site.

I'm happy to have another go at the job if there are no other takers, but if you want to find someone new, I don't blame you.

I also wanna give a big thanks to Nick, Chipper and Candy. Without you guys the fallout from our mess would've been much worse, since everyone would've had no obvious place to retreat to. You stepped in when people needed it most, and provided a space which has been vital for all those who use it, all without once seeking any profit or advantage. You should be very proud of what you've achieved, and I for one will always be grateful for D&U's existence.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:49:48 PM by Fat Pie »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 09:35:30 PM »

If still, there are unfilled spaces, I'd like to nominate myself, but I don't want Z to step back. I only nominate myself if there are still unfilled spaces after Z. I'd vote for him before I'd vote for myself.
Dizzle man, this site needs you. You are easily one of the most respected people on this forum and were also on opiophile.

Also, in a case like Z, perhaps if he doesn't really want to mod, but will if nobody is going to step up, maybe we can start setting up sub-forum specific mods? Like, on opiophile, Candy was the moderator for all the health related forums. What I'm suggesting is maybe having global moderators we vote for, but maybe global moderators can be given the choice to semi-retire into a sub-forum specific moderator position?

Thanks man.  That's so much nice stuff to say, and you're actually making me blush like a little schoolg while reading it.  I don't want you to think about it as taking my place or anything like that.  I'm only offering because I don't want to see any unfilled places.  It's a lot of work, and people need to be available.  Having less people to start with is an unnecessary handicap.

Step up and take your place.  There is no need for anything to be conditional on my account.  I think that you would do a great job, and for what it's worth I would vote for you!  I would love to see you be able to help shape the forum a bit more and add some of your opinions to this place.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:13:25 AM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline AllNightLong

• Reputation Power: 15
  • AllNightLong is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 04, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
  • Broke but not sick
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 12:32:08 AM »
So is there going to be an election like last time or what is the procedure for deciding the mods and admins?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 03:56:25 AM »
Once all the nominations are in, Nick will create a poll that will remain open for a set period.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 05:28:49 AM »
Any more nominations for moderators ?

We will keep this open for a few more days.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »
@dizzle, you have done a great job this past year and I want to thank you for nominating yourself again.

@Tainted, I would suggest you nominate yourself. I don't think Z would mind and it's nice to see good members stepping up and wanting to help.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 07:02:55 PM »
Z for MOD- He does a good job too.  ; )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 07:49:22 PM »
I personally think that if you held the position last year you shouldn't be run again.
and I think it looks bad that you might be able to control the election results.
I'm not saying anyone did a bad job.
I just think that would for the people that left.
I nominate. Narkoitkon.
illafelph for mod and poppycop for admin. Also Sand in Water because she stepped down for what I feel were ligit reasons
I will email him and he van chime.
I know I had my but but he did a good job
its just to change things.
if we have to leave Z he did more than a bang and he can train the mods
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 11:43:56 PM »
I will nominate myself for a moderator position, I am on here everyday anyway. I think everyone did a great job this past year, I hope you decide to run either way Z. I'm glad that dizzle is running for admin again too, you guys are awesome, definitely one of the reasons I like this place so much you both always have good posts and don't let you status affect your contributions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jonnyr3b

• SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • jonnyr3b is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2019, 09:53:44 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 12:18:35 AM »
I'll take a shot at being a mod.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 02:47:25 AM »
@dizzle, you have done a great job this past year and I want to thank you for nominating yourself again.

@Tainted, I would suggest you nominate yourself. I don't think Z would mind and it's nice to see good members stepping up and wanting to help.

Z sent me a message encouraging me not to hold back on his account, so yeah, I'd like to run as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick (OP)

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 23, 2016, 02:49:59 AM »
So is there going to be an election like last time or what is the procedure for deciding the mods and admins?

That kinda depends on how many nominations we get.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal