dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Judgmental Doctors rant about the 'phile  (Read 28301 times)

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
Re: Judgmental Doctors rant about the 'phile
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 01, 2015, 07:34:39 AM »
im sorry to hear youre having an especially tough time currently

personally i do not always 100% sympathize with people who are overprescribed
the fact you were already on such a huge script, and realized it
AND were offended by him suggesting a dose increase
means you recognized the situation for what it was,

i think that you could have changed doctors, no?
maybe that wasnt an option

im not going to be any more of a dick than that
your other posts make you seem like a good person
and again, im sorry you are struggling right now, nobody deserves to experience that
i hope your med situation is better to your liking nowadays,
i would never want the responsibility of having to manage that much

and like i said before, i doubt any of us were going to change their minds
doctors, even student doctors, have some degree of god complex
and cant be told anything by anyone who isnt a more senior doctor it seems

OH and when I talked about going to a clinic
I was referring to a pain clinic, or if youre into media hyped phrases, a pill mill
Even less reputable, cash only enterprises wont accept anyone under 24-25
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:40:02 AM by thetalkingasshole »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

monkawat

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »
im sorry to hear youre having an especially tough time currently

personally i do not always 100% sympathize with people who are overprescribed
the fact you were already on such a huge script, and realized it
AND were offended by him suggesting a dose increase
means you recognized the situation for what it was,

i think that you could have changed doctors, no?
maybe that wasnt an option

im not going to be any more of a dick than that
your other posts make you seem like a good person
and again, im sorry you are struggling right now, nobody deserves to experience that
i hope your med situation is better to your liking nowadays,
i would never want the responsibility of having to manage that much

and like i said before, i doubt any of us were going to change their minds
doctors, even student doctors, have some degree of god complex
and cant be told anything by anyone who isnt a more senior doctor it seems

OH and when I talked about going to a clinic
I was referring to a pain clinic, or if youre into media hyped phrases, a pill mill
Even less reputable, cash only enterprises wont accept anyone under 24-25

I couldn't switch docs cuz he was literally the only one in my price range (my wife makes good money but I refused to spend what she makes as a dental hygienist on my habit ya know? We survive on that sole income ATM) and area. I used to live in the deep east tx country and there was only 1 pain doc in my entire county and he was it. He wasn't even a true "pain doc", just a family doc willing to write fat ass scripts.

Guy only charged 65 a visit for return patients, 85 for first visit. Can't beat that considering my meds were at zero cost to me..I know I should have stopped going to him, but until I moved to the city like I now live in (I had to sell the ranch I worked for over a decade to buy- plus I spent all the money I had saved up from the money from my 4 years in the Army which damn near destroyed me from a prideful standpoint) I couldn't get into an MMT clinic- let alone a VA one..

Thanks for not being a dick about it anymore..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »
Sorta off topic but on the topic of doctors on the internet... if anyone wants to read a funny, cynical but not-so-judgmental doc (on twitter try) "BurbDoc".  His view of the medical system, insurance, etc. is very cynical and quite funny.  He's a liberal stuck down South.     He says "fuck" an awful lot.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 11:50:24 PM »
The funny part is- most benzos don't work too well for me and xanax has even made me nauseated at the 2mg dose-but it certainly seemed like a great idea at the time...go figure

Monk I never abuse my Xanax, I even end up with monthly surplus. Never found any joy in them other than helping me sleep. Now my oxy, we all know that's a completely different animal. Because of course, two fold. Pain (semi) management and well they just feel so damn good. Until you can't feel them anymore. And thus becomes the circle of psychosis.

Didn't mean to steal your post Monk. Not feeling too hot at the moment. Hope you are doing well with your new treatment.

All good, no thread jack here. I just had to respond to this fucking guy. Saying I'm up in some "Tower" for passing some judgment on a doctor that was a major POS and only contributed to my addiction and spiral downward in my life's course when he has no clue about the comorbidities and other problems that hero brought up just makes him come across as a....well his handle is appropriate as fuck. I don't need that kinda negativity at this moment..been dealing with night terrors and flashbacks again..

I'm CERTAIN he would deny the scripts I was getting, ESPECIALLY the Xanax...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While a lot of those forum docs are judgmental, arrogant douchebags, you have to try to place yourself in their shoes and realize that they (particularly the ER docs in areas with serious opiate and opioid addiction problems) have let their negative experiences guide their current opinions and approaches too much. That is only human, y'all.. We can't expect trollish posts to make any difference in their opinions. It will actually serve the exact opposite purpose of what those posts were probably intended do. Or they just wanted to troll the shit out of them for the fun of it all.

The pain docs on that particular thread weren't all bad..they just were out of touch with some major realities.

I'll wave to you from my Xanax tower, although mine aren't bars so I'm still under construction  ;)

Regarding those websites I remember trying to read one that was posted on Opiophile a ways back and it gave me a stomach ache so I stay away from reading those type of sites. Being a CPP, and reading what they thought of us was really upsetting. I was trying to imagine what my PM doc thought of me and if he felt the same as the posters on that site do. I don't think he is that type of Dr as he's been very good to me (I understand he's trying to keep me on a short leash as far as how much meds to prescribe), as in he really does care which is hard to find nowadays. I just wish the injections he gives me would last a whole month rather than a few days. When I get them, I feel like I'm 16 again for at least 2-3 days. Then I end up over-doing it with cleaning and heavy lifting and end up flat on my back for another few days.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with night terrors and flashbacks again. Any idea what triggered this or is it unpredictable and can hit out of nowhere? Did it start when you started methadone? Have you tried taking Xanax for it, although I know you said they make you nauseus. Can you take Xanax if you are on Methadone? Sorry for all the questions, I just feel bad that you are suffering.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 12:34:05 AM »
That forum is for STUDENT DOCTORS and pronanbly a lot of th emebers are ony pre-mer  students and hopeful people who aspire to practicing medicine. At least, It sems like the bulk of them are.

This means a a significant percentages are UNTRAINED and UNEXPERIENCED and with any lucj at allthey will lear a little thing called compassion, an dalsoempathy before being handed a sheepskin.

That being said some spsiopaths always skip though the system; blow the right uncle, cheat on a test, computo error.  Perhaps we drug users need to sign up and describe out conditions, for better or worse and do what we can to make them undertand that we are human beings aand those seekinf aid in need of medical care, not scorn and derision.

Failitngh that, an a chain and padlock the on the most judgemental heartlest comments might enoupage a little more compassion. Let's nt forget these asshole comments are the direct result of years and even gererations of brainwashing and will require the same time to unlearn.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:43:49 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:05 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:27 PM »
we are an easy shot.

too many rat bags have given us a bad name.

those doctors, with puffed up egos, may find themselves in a cruel twist of fate and end up coming to a forum just like this.

the young ones are especially critical but we know our worth -- many folks here could've been doctors if given the opportunity and setting.

there's a little bit of both doctor and nurse in all of us.

how I wish more medical professionals had personal experience with addiction.

fuck 'em ... they ain't no better  -- they just hold the power unfortunately.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »
Regardless of the explanations...I would rather hold the power in my hands than try to advocate for it....You can try and fight it, but the odds are stacked against you. Anyone wanna play the house?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions