dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Post Up What You Had For Dinner  (Read 137943 times)

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Post Up What You Had For Dinner
« Reply #149 from previous page: November 29, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »
shit that sounds familiar. only personally its just nausea instead of bloating. but I keep getting tested for goddamn H. Pylori which I dont fucking have. I've absolutely noticed an increased desire for garlic. I will eat it raw if given the chance. I just try not to talk face to face with people, or I keep a good distance at the very least.

I'm too lazy to multi-quote atm so I'll just quote this guy,

The syndrome is outlined pretty well here (SIBO): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth

I've had some symptoms building for awhile, but a few months ago I got back on a strong stomach med (prilosec and another one that escapes me atm; I've also been taking ranitidine regularly for a couple years) and the shit just took off, went from noticeable to MISERABLE in a few weeks. The symptoms are the kind of thing I think you have to experience to fully realize. When I say bloating I don't mean a little discomfort, I mean a shit-ton of discomfort. Basically when left unchecked, eating turns my gut into an angry, bubbling, groaning, grinding, really REALLY uncomfortable hydrogen factory. But as bad as it sounds eating handfuls of raw garlic, the garlic STOPS the crazy churning within like 15 minutes, everytime. No doubt about it. If you get really uncomfortable after eating, but a handful of garlic stops it within minutes, you probably have something similar going on. I also have a mild case of rosacea on my neck, have had it for a couple years now (so this shit has been brewing, literally, for awhile now). Rosacea is commonly attributed to screwy gut bacterial problems.

I feel a bit vindicated on the raw garlic thing, I tried it initially as a guess and with a lot of previous luck using garlic to fight other types of infections, I know people think I'm crazy but in fact there were a couple times early on where I nearly killed it all off with garlic alone (it seems now a bit more resistant to the garlic, but it still works singularly better than anything else I've tried which include some very strong herbs).. Anyway about everything I've read on this condition lists raw, chopped garlic as a first line treatment for this, so my guess was right on. The key ingredient in garlic that makes it such a great anti-biotic is called 'allicin' -- look it up if you want. You can't get allicin from a pill bottle, it's produced when the garlic is chopped and it doesn't last long exposed to air.

I've done those H. Pylori tests. All it is is a test for Hydrogen (after consuming some glucose or something like that). Years ago I tested + for it and then treated it with some gnarly anti-biotics, and they said it went away. My stomach never got any better tho. I had another negative test just a couple months ago, but I'm sure that I'm currently producing lots of hydrogen so I think the lab fucked up the test or something. I don't think it's a terribly reliable method as lots more than H. Pylori produce hydrogen.

In my case I think it's been caused by a combination of slow bowel motility due to methadone, and the stomach meds I take creating a PH environment that's too friendly for these bacteria. So I've been tapering off the MD anyway, and I stopped the stomach meds now just back to eating tums all the time.

It's a real fucking drag, life has been very bumpy last couple years and this kind of shit is just the last fucking thing I need. I seem to have inherited a lot of my grandmother's stomach problems, and I suspect she may have had something similar going on with her. She seemed to have a lot of similar symptoms.

I've made some progress since learning about the GAPS diet (also the SCD diet), but holy fuck yesterday I drank like 4 beers and felt like I was set back 2 weeks, just miserable last night. This shit is no joke, it really isn't. For a really long time I've wondered about the implications of so much fucking around with my stomach PH, guess I was right to be concerned.

IDK if I missed any questions, I'm in pretty rough shape this morning. Feel free to ask tho..

Also gotta add: I HAVE run this shit by a "real" doc who didn't have a clue, and it was in the context of "since I started the stomach meds..". Some people just want to throw industrial grade antibiotics at everything without regard for consequence, but TBH I'm not sure shit like this ISN'T a consequence of too many antibiotics and/or use of other meds with poorly understood side effects. Thanks to the ACA I have health-care coverage (where I had nothing for over a decade due to my stomach probs being lifelong and "pre-existing"), but it's a very slow process and my primary seems to have some sort of aversion to dialog with his patients.

So ya, good times. I'm thinking about applying for a job as a portable green energy factory, like maybe I could power a city bus or something? Save 'em a fuckton on diesel fuel I bet..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
Due to my stomach being unable to move, and slowed down intestines, before I figured out what was goin on w me, I could look like a man who was 9 months pregnant at times.

It was that bad.

Also significant drops in motility can fuck you up long term.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus (OP)

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »
Picking up on what Opus said
About garlic
It works for painful ear infections
It relieves the pain
By sticking a clove in your ear

Cinnamon oil works too
As Opus knows cinnamon
Is good for lots of things

If you can't get proper cinnamon oil
You can put some powdered in a
Table spoon with vegetable oil
Heat it over the stove
Or a lighter
Like a shot of dope
Also like a shot of dope
Put in a filter
A big one like a cig filter
Suck it up in a syringe
And put the liquid
In your ear
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

• Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »
For dinner tonight
Other than heroin
We had all the Thanksgiving fixins

Turkey
Ham
Green bean casserole
Yams/sweet potatoes
Squash
Baked beans
Stirr-down rolls
Mashed potatoes & gravy

I think that was all

We didn't actually make it to dinner
With the family
B/c my car is running funny
And the owners manuel says it's
B/c one of the tires is a few centimetres off
And everyone else was already gone
So I missed out on all the
Hordevores and pies
On a positive note
I missed out on any drama
That possibly could have occurred

All in all
I think I got the best deal out of it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »
last night was my famous tacos. I crave them all the time I swear I should have been mexican. I've got chicken down so well. Just falls apart.

I do not cook texmex tacos. I'll eat them of course but I don't understand why us americans revolve our dishes around meat/cheese/tomato/onion/lettuce/grains.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »

Might be able to help you with that, even over the webz.....

what kind of car? describe the symptoms. I really should have or should be a mechanic.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2015, 10:47:50 PM »

Might be able to help you with that, even over the webz.....

what kind of car? describe the symptoms. I really should have or should be a mechanic.

Thanks bunches for the offer
But we did get it figured out
Also how to override
The issue
So that it runs normal until
I get the right size tire

Thank you so much tho
You are too kind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2015, 10:54:14 PM »
oh i thought that was a joke. Really not to be pretentious, but the only thing off balance tires are gunna do is cause vibrations.

But no problem, if anyone needs advice on car related issues, and how to fix them cheaply, please don't hesitate to ask. I love troubleshooting automotive issues.

EDIT: yea a odd sized tire on the powered axle is gunna make your shit put to much pressure on either shaft. best put them in the back with a FWD. Always try and make sure you have the same sized tires on the powered end.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:57:47 PM by 6-mam »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 10, 2024, 08:45:15 AM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:04 AM »
The only thing opiate related I like about reddit is a particular private subreddit designed to help like-minded individuals meet each other in their areas or if they travel to an unfamiliar city.

I actually met a particular cheeto eating cat from the 'phile this way when I was up north. He was really cool.

Anyway, I decided I was feeling frisky a few days ago (and broke) so I put the word out that if anyone new to my area needed a buddy to hang out with they could hit me up.

I had a guy PM me yesterday, and after checking out his post history and a exchanging a few references, I gave him my number and we hung out about an hour ago. In exchange for helping him grab a 15mg oxym, he gave me $50 which I used to get my own 15mg oxym. So I'm stoked about that. Nothing beats virtually free dope, especially $50 worth for 10 minutes of minimal effort riding to the spot.

I'm not going to post the name/link to the private subreddit out of respect for the forum. I don't advise people try meeting strangers from the Internet for controlled substances, it's pretty sketchy, even with references, and could land you in jail or worse. I only do it rarely and don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. Just to be clear, I'm not sourcing so if someone thinks they can message me for dope, they're dead wrong, don't bother, I won't respond.

I just wanted to share my good fortune in getting a nice dinner.

Oh and the guys name was Makita (not in anyway related to the user on the board), but how weird is that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
oh i thought that was a joke. Really not to be pretentious, but the only thing off balance tires are gunna do is cause vibrations.

But no problem, if anyone needs advice on car related issues, and how to fix them cheaply, please don't hesitate to ask. I love troubleshooting automotive issues.

EDIT: yea a odd sized tire on the powered axle is gunna make your shit put to much pressure on either shaft. best put them in the back with a FWD. Always try and make sure you have the same sized tires on the powered end.

YO, my PT Bruiser runs through transmission fluid a bit too fast.  Like every oil change I have to fill that shit up again.  There is no obvious leaking, and when I'm parked for a few days I don't notice any pools of liquid below the transmission system so I'm a bit confused.  I can't describe it too well, but even when It has transmission fluid i can feel the gears (automatic transmission) shift when going between like 2000rpm and 0-1000rpm even if I'm driving gracefully and taking it easy on accelerating/breaking. 

When I say I feel the gear shift, the car like juts, you know, you can feel it shifting gears under where you're driving.  It juts I don't know how else to describe it.  Is my transmission toast?  Time for a new car?  I put in this two part 10 dollar tranmission repair formula that helped
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:05:43 PM by _Enduser »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2015, 01:29:58 AM »

YO, my PT Bruiser runs through transmission fluid a bit too fast.  Like every oil change I have to fill that shit up again.  There is no obvious leaking, and when I'm parked for a few days I don't notice any pools of liquid below the transmission system so I'm a bit confused.  I can't describe it too well, but even when It has transmission fluid i can feel the gears (automatic transmission) shift when going between like 2000rpm and 0-1000rpm even if I'm driving gracefully and taking it easy on accelerating/breaking. 

When I say I feel the gear shift, the car like juts, you know, you can feel it shifting gears under where you're driving.  It juts I don't know how else to describe it.  Is my transmission toast?  Time for a new car?  I put in this two part 10 dollar tranmission repair formula that helped

Don't really know much about Pt Snoozers but there really is only 2 or 3 places that the fluid could go. Is the bottom or anywhere caked with grime and shit? Have you looked in your radiator (if it's even is cooled by it) lately? The other would be it leaks from the seals on the cv shafts or inside the bellhousing. Try feeling the boots on the transmission side of the axles and feel if they're covered in oil. It's FWD so it has a transaxle. Just think, it has to go somewhere. The fluid in the trans and engine are in no way connected.

Thats really not a very fast leak though, it probably just leaks slowly out of the transmission pan (if you have one). You should degrease the bottom of your engine and pressure wash it and I'm sure you'd find out where it's leaking. Could be a really simple fix.

AS far as the hard shifts, well theres not much you can do about it. I mean it's a PT Cruiser. Unless it's not driving right I wouldn't worry about it.

How many miles what year?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:35:28 AM by 6-mam »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2015, 03:01:18 AM »
For dinner tonight
Other than heroin

Turkey
Ham
Green bean casserole
Yams/sweet potatoes
Squash
Baked beans
Stirr-down rolls
Mashed potatoes & gravy

I think that was all

With the family
Hordevores and pies
On a positive note

All in all

Hi DoD, what are stir down rolls? Curious baker here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2015, 05:12:46 AM »
The only thing opiate related I like about reddit is a particular private subreddit designed to help like-minded individuals meet each other in their areas or if they travel to an unfamiliar city.

I actually met a particular cheeto eating cat from the 'phile this way when I was up north. He was really cool.

Anyway, I decided I was feeling frisky a few days ago (and broke) so I put the word out that if anyone new to my area needed a buddy to hang out with they could hit me up.

I had a guy PM me yesterday, and after checking out his post history and a exchanging a few references, I gave him my number and we hung out about an hour ago. In exchange for helping him grab a 15mg oxym, he gave me $50 which I used to get my own 15mg oxym. So I'm stoked about that. Nothing beats virtually free dope, especially $50 worth for 10 minutes of minimal effort riding to the spot.

I'm not going to post the name/link to the private subreddit out of respect for the forum. I don't advise people try meeting strangers from the Internet for controlled substances, it's pretty sketchy, even with references, and could land you in jail or worse. I only do it rarely and don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. Just to be clear, I'm not sourcing so if someone thinks they can message me for dope, they're dead wrong, don't bother, I won't respond.

I just wanted to share my good fortune in getting a nice dinner.

Oh and the guys name was Makita (not in anyway related to the user on the board), but how weird is that?

That is pretty weird, but it's probably because of the tool manufacturer.  I didn't know/remember about that when I picked my name (which has nothing to do with tools, it was one of the letters of part of my name + Akita which is the breed of dog I have).  If I had realized it was a brand name I would have picked something else.  Ah well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
something something drug war, social justice blah blah

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2015, 03:52:02 PM »
For dinner tonight
Other than heroin

Turkey
Ham
Green bean casserole
Yams/sweet potatoes
Squash
Baked beans
Stirr-down rolls
Mashed potatoes & gravy

I think that was all

With the family
Hordevores and pies
On a positive note

All in all

Hi DoD, what are stir down rolls? Curious baker here.

I really don't know how to describe what they are
My Grandma's both make them
And I have no idea where they got the recipe
But if you want
I could ask them for the recipe
They are really good and buttery
They look like fingers
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2015, 03:56:46 PM »
I'd love to see a recipe or a picture if you are gunna eat em again at Xmas! Thank you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
I'd love to see a recipe or a picture if you are gunna eat em again at Xmas! Thank you!

You got it
I'll probably be seeing my granny
Later today
So I can ask her then
I do, however, know
That she specifically uses Pillsbury flour
It adds a better taste and texture to them

You are very welcome
I left you a message
Asking you to send me a buddy request
B/c only my "buddies" can message me
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:11:05 PM by Daughter of Dionysus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal