dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The Story of an Alleged Gang Rape in Brooklyn That Keeps Getting Darker  (Read 1165 times)

Z

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-story-of-an-alleged-gang-rape-in-brooklyn-that-keeps-getting-darker
The Story of an Alleged Gang Rape in Brooklyn That Keeps Getting Darker

Allie Conti

By Allie Conti

On Thursday night at around 9 PM, a teenaged woman and her father grabbed some beers and headed into Osborn Playground in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn. What happened next has shocked the community, stymied police, and implicated five teenagers in what initially sounded like a horrific gang rape but might have actually been even more depraved.

If nothing else, the lurid tale has shined a sustained spotlight on a corner of the city that often makes headlines for gun violence but rarely grips the public imagination.
As the New York Times reported, the original story went something like this: The 18-year-old was allegedly raped in turn by five men after they showed up brandishing a gun, chasing her father off. Employees at two nearby delis apparently refused to lend the panicked father—who may have been drunk to the point of incoherence—a phone.

Ultimately, police said it took almost 20 minutes for the man to find two cops in their squad car, which was odd because the neighborhood where the alleged attack took place was lined with both residential units and businesses. The NYPD also came under fire for waiting until Saturday night to report the crime to the public, and Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has since apologized for the nearly 48-hour delay, citing a paucity of information.
As that information has emerged, the story has shifted dramatically. When two of the suspects, ages 14 and 15, were turned over to authorities by their parents, and two more, ages 15 and 17, were arrested, they said that the group sex was consensual. What's more, two of the suspects claimed that the woman was having sex with her father when they first saw her in the playground, as the Times later reported.

Detectives are currently investigating those statements. Meanwhile, the four suspects were all arraigned on Tuesday, and a fifth was apprehended at school the same day. The fact that the victim's father might have been involved, and that the two were allegedly drinking together, "does not mean she was not a victim of a pretty horrific attack," as one anonymous law enforcement official told the Times. "What appeared to have happened is that the father may have put her in that compromised position." Still, as the suspects' defense lawyers pointed out at their arraignment, the young men were not picked out of police lineups or identified via photographs, and police still have not been able to find the gun that both the victim and her father said was used during the incident.

Reports of rape were up 6.3 percent across New York City last year, though officials areestimating about 20 percent of those alleged incidents took place in previous years. (For perspective, in 2011, just 1 percent of reported rapes concerned incidents from previous years.) The 73rd police precinct, which includes Brownsville, saw 34 rapes in 2015, to NYPD statistics.
As interest in (and horror over) the case mounts, the suspects—each of whom has been charged with first-degree rape—are maintaining their innocence. On Tuesday, a Timesreporter knocked on the door of a 15-year-old suspect in the case. Standing on their doorstep, the suspect's brother and mother showed the journalist a clip they said proved the sex was consensual. It was fewer than 30 seconds long, and it's unclear how it might bolster the defendant's claims. "If you said yeah, it's lit, like, you know what I mean," an unidentified male could be heard saying in the clip. "I could tell you a freak."

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:36:52 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Re: The Story of an Alleged Gang Rape in Brooklyn That Keeps Getting Darker
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:11:01 PM »
More from another article:  http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/brooklyn-rape-suspect-lawyer-calls-allegations-lie-article-1.2496172

A teenage rape victim and her dad remained silent Wednesday as a defense lawyer condemned their accusations of a brutal sexual assault by five black youths as a total lie.
[/color]Attorney Spencer Leeds, representing 17-year-old defendant Onandi Brown, said news that the father and daughter failed to identify any of the first four suspects from a police lineup spoke volumes.
[/color]We couldn’t anticipate that they would go 0-for-8,” said Leeds. “When they struck out, that was pretty stunning. We’ll see what happens.”
[/color]The last of the five suspects was due in court for his arraignment in a case that evokes the 1989 prosecution of “The Central Park Five” — a quintet of black teens wrongly convicted in a Central Park rape.
[/color]The 18-year-old victim’s dad insisted the youths approached him and his daughter, with one driving the father off at gunpoint before the quintet took turns raping her.
[/color]But the teen suspects claim the father was having sexual intercouse with the daughter when they first spotted the two, and two defendants told police the sex they had with the teen was consensual, sources told the Daily News.
[/color]A representative of the Brooklyn district attorney’s office took the father and daughter from their home, with both wearing hooded sweatshirts Wednesday to block their faces from reporters.
[/color]The pair said nothing to reporters waiting outside their home before driving off.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DirtyJerzy

• Reputation Power: 12
  • DirtyJerzy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »
WTF? All the insest accusations/implications aside, I can tell you there ain't a group of motherfuckers alive with guns big enough for me to turn tail and run while leaving my daughter behind.
Your daughter bro? Seriously WTF is going on in society nowadays?
I wouldn't leave the neighborhood crack head, NEVER FUCKING MIND MY OWN DAUGHTER!!!

Sick fucking world we live in. SICK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

Offline TearsofThePoppy

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • TearsofThePoppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 13, 2016, 08:05:19 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »
This is all around horrific, but for the girl's sake I really hope the incest allegations are false. If they are true, then her dad's probably been abusing her for her entire life. All sexual assault is horrible, but there's nothing worse than being abused like that by your own parent.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 02:34:16 PM »
When I first heard about this, the part where the father left his daughter to go get help immediately threw up that red flag.  No way in hell is any real father going to leave his little girl to fend off thugs while he gets help. No fucking way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
Oh I agree.

The dad is only 39 and has apparently been in Texas most of her (the daughters) life. Idk this whole thing is strange. The kids involved were smiling and giggling in and out of the courthouse. I don't think all these kids are smart enough to make that shit up and they are handling it like stupid teenagers would not thinking it's going to destroy their lives. They basically raped a girl being raped by her father in some disgusting situation that they could have known about or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Z

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »
It really bugs me how they use the rape by the father as some kind of explanation or justification.  Like, oh she was already getting raped by her dad so we just asked her if she wanted to have a gangbang with the five of us as well.

I'm sure that they will say she consented.  The situation makes any consent pretty questionable though.  In a situation where a woman is getting raped by someone she trusts she is vulnerable to begin with.  Then five guys show up and se the whole thing.  She probably feels scared and intimidated to begin with.  Even if they asked and she said yes there is no way that it was entirely consensual.  That she didn't feel scared and intimidated by the five guys standing over her in a vulnerable situation.

Like you said St. T no father would leave his daughter there to get the police.  None.  My theory is that she saw the guys coming while her long lost Dad was forcing himself on her.  That alone must be a trip: She probably desperately craved his affection and approval.  If he really was having sex with her (consensual or not) it is appaling.  Disgusting.

So, my theory continues that the five guys came across her and the dad.  She cries for help, and they menace the dad.  Dad runs off, and panics.  Thinking what to do and what to say.  Maybe he hangs around and sees part two and then runs off to find a cop.

The five guys either intimidate or ask her to give them a reward.  She is already fucking her dad, so she could just fuck the five of them and they will all be even.  Dad either sees this and runs off, or is already gone.  If he saw it then he decides to call it rape and ask for help. If not then it had nothing to do with her, and he wanted them for attacking him.  I'm not sure which way is worse.

The poor girl. She was probably shattered after her so called father decided to take advantage of her like that.  She probably was hoping that the guys would help her, and instead they betray her even more.  Even if it was consensual, just the act of asking is obscene.  It is a totally inappropriate reaction to the situation.  She was probably scared for her life with five guys surrounding her, and was likely already scared close to death from what her dad did.  She likely felt like she couldn't say no even if she wanted to.  Maybe she was fearful for what they would do if she said no, and especially in light of what had just happened to her.

Just an obscene situation.  As parents we are charged with protecting our children and ensuring the best for them.  That asshole piece of shit, so-called father betrayed every bit of that.  He demolished her for his own sexual gratification.  His own selfish desires.  There is nothing worse then that.  Even worse, he failed to protect her when she was relying on him.  Setting aside the violation of sex with his daughter, he failed to protect her in her time of greatest need and chose to look after himself instead.  I hope he is raped every day at every meal for the length of his prison stay.  I hope he is raped so long and so many times that he starts to like it, and realizes that it is what he deserves.

I would beat the ever loving shit out of him myself just for the hell of it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions