dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Grace period with old PM doc?  (Read 9028 times)

Offline OpiatedChronically (OP)

• Cosmic Explorer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • OpiatedChronically is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 14, 2015, 01:49:05 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Grace period with old PM doc?
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:25:02 AM »
ok all, this may sound really stupid but so far I've not yet found any information about this question.  I'll try not to make this too long but so,e background story is required so everyone understands my situation (some of you already do)

So I was cut off from my favorite PM doc back in Jan 2013, I was getting 50mgs methadone a day for chronic pain at the time as well as 2,400mgs of Gabapentin, and i failed a couple UAs because they were negative for my scripted Methadone.

So I was in NYC with a friend for about 3 weeks, and my stay was delayed quite a bit dude to the horrible weather and constant blizzards keeping planes and trains from departures.

So I had to stretch out my last script really thin, so when I got back to Austin, on the DAY OF my doc appt I took my last 10mgs of methadone so that I would show up as positive, but I guess my metabolism is really fast or I hadn't had enough built up in my system from having to barely take any the last 2 weeks of my trip ( I had only planned on being in NYC for one week so I did use a lot of lope to help get by)

So I show up negative somehow, and I made them re-test my pee 3 fucking times while I stayed there for almost 2 hours drinking water to give them new samples which in hindsight probably diluted any methadone in my piss even further.

So long story not so short, my question is:  is it possible for a PM doctor to take back a former patient after a certain amount of time and give them a chance again? 

He was the only PM doc that I've seen that never tested for THC and I really want to go back to him and get back on my old methadone script with him, has anyone ever heard of a grace period for these situations? 

He told me back then that I could still see him for my Gabapentin or any procedures I may want/need done but that he couldn't script me narcotics anymore.  That was over 2 years ago now, so once you're cut off is that it forever?  Has anyone ever heard of a grace period where a certain amount of time passes and then you can be given one more chance again?

The doc I see now sucks ass, he's so strict with weed and every other doctor I've seen has told me I can't smoke otherwise they won't script, and that sucks because I love to smoke along with it helping my sleep, depression, anxiety, sometimes it helps my pain or nausea....

anyway I'm sorry this was longer than I expected but I haven't really talked to anyone about this and I feel like a rookie CPP even asking this question but I've never heard this particular question discussed before so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with going back to an old PM doc after being cut off and a certain period of time elapsing that would allow someone to do such a thing.

Thanks for reading and much love, I'd appreciate any response at all.  I HAVE to find a THC friendly doctor because I simply can't stop smoking, it's my only preferred recreation/supplemental medicine that I care for, as I don't drink much at all.

Peace and Love,

James

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Re: Grace period with old PM doc?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:03:42 AM »
I got dismissed from a bupe doctor back in '08 for calling in phony scrips under his name. He didn't call the cops on me but he made me sign a paper saying that the 10mg Sonata #30 he was giving me would be my last scrip from him.

Don't know the answer to your question. But he was a real cool doc, Chinese guy who ONLY took cash (I called him "Doctor Money") and his waiting room was always full of desperate looking people. $100 a visit, and he'd write for whatever benzos or z-drugs you wanted, within reason.

But I think if I went back to him now and told him my former history with him, and what I've been through since then, he'd take me back. Not like it's out of love or anything, for the love of money, more like.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

• Cosmic Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
Hey I appreciate your reply Zoops, good to see you here man!

So I already got my question answered, I worked up the nerve to call my old PM doc and he said he would take me back on as his patient! 

My appt is this Friday at 11:30am!  What luck!  FINALLY I won't have to worry about popping dirty for THC anymore, and the thing is he doesn't even drug test every month, only like once or twice a year for most people, otherwise it's 4 times a year but I was with this guy from Jan 2010 until Jan 2014 and I once went an entire year without getting a drug test there, I think with this guy he's all about the report you have, aka the relationship. 

He and I had just about the best doctor patient relationship a person could hope for, he definitely trusted me and I really trusted him as well.

Anyway, I'm just incredibly stoked that I can actually get back in a decent dose of methadone again with my favorite PM doc.  It's such perfect timing because Ill see him Friday morning, get my meds and then I start my new job at SafeLink the day after on Saturday as well!  OH HAPPY DAYY!

Much love to my fellow opio fam,

James

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
Hey OC, I'm glad you got back in with your old PM doc.  I'm also glad you called and asked if you could come back, because that was gonna be my suggestion!  LOL.   ;)

If he remembers what happened when you were there previously, or if he's hesitant to put you back on methadone at all, I'd remind him that you were delayed in another state b/c of bad weather (snow, airports being closed, planes being delayed, etc.), and that you had to stretch your methadone out as best you could because of those extenuating circumstances. 

Let him know that you know it's not okay to alter your dose, but that you thought you were doing the right thing.  That you thought it was better to take less, than to take none at all / run out.  That way you're taking responsibility for what you did, but also that you're trying to do the right thing.  I mean, it is a plausible scenario.  I don't know what they'd expect a CPP to do in that situation.  I mean, it's not like they can easily call in a C-II.  I'd think taking less would be preferable to running out. 

Congrats on getting back in though!  I'm not a weed fan, but it is nice to be able to safely smoke when you're in that type of situation.

Good luck!   :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Poppycop

• SA_Chat+
  • Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Poppycop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 19, 2020, 12:42:08 PM
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
Hey OC, as I told you privately, I'm thrilled your old PM doc took you back! That shows there are a few compassionate docs out there. I have to be honest, I didn't think there was a chance in hell you would get back in with him, but I was glad to be wrong. I'm glad you will be able to still smoke weed as it's been proven to be a good pain reliever for many. It is for me that's for sure, and no real tolerance issues to worry about like with opiates.

You're a good dude, and I'm glad to see things go your way for a change, I know it was a little rough for you lately. Good luck with the new job, don't fuck it up!!...lol, jk
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Queenofdenial

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 03:14:10 AM »
And how are you doing Sir PoppyCop???  This is my first official post here, so sorry I sort of H/K'd the topic. =(

~QoD
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Cosmic Explorer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 05:16:00 AM »
Well, I am happy to report that my PM doc sent me home with a script for 40mgs of methadone a day, 30 days worth, and he said he couldn't even taken me back a bit sooner too, he thought I knew that I guess and he said he feels bad cuz I was one of his favorite patients and that he always enjoyed talking with me.

So he said next month, if I feel the need, he will up my dose to 50mgs a day and keep increasing my dose as needed if I make that request, within reason of course as I never went higher than 60mgs a day with him in the past, but maybe I can get him to go as high as 70 or 80mgs a day tops, that would be my ideal quantity, that way I can do my best to stockpile here and there, can't hurt to have extras if possible.

So for anyone out there with a similar situation as mine, where a doctor cut you off and it's been anywhere  between 6 months and 1 - 2+ years since the last visit, there may be a good chance you could go back, of course that might all vary state to state, doctor to doctor, the relationship you had with said doctors, etc....

Plus I was able to score a few xannies from a friend for free and since I start my new job tomorrow I'll be able to have a lil something for my nerves and I won't have to worry about being sick at work anymore.  Life is good again.  Things have really turned around fast, in just a matter of days.

Much love to all,

James
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:50:18 AM »
It's such a relief to have a good, caring, generous pain doc who treats you like a human being instead of a category/liability, isn't it?  I just found a great doc too after years of bullshit.  So happy for you (and myself).

It sounds like your initial drug test was in office?  For everyone if something like that ever happens again, request them to send the sample out for GCMS for confirmation.  Dipstick/office tests can show false pos or false neg for a bunch of different reasons, they are really unreliable. 

I can almost guarantee you the methadone you took would have shown up on a GCMS test. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
something something drug war, social justice blah blah

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal