dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Post Up What You Had For Dinner  (Read 138727 times)

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
Re: Post Up What You Had For Dinner
« Reply #179 from previous page: February 17, 2016, 04:50:15 AM »
Chipper, I'm with you, if I'm dope sick, no way I'd be near a stimulant.

The other night I made home made Chicago style deep dish pizza using the "american test kitchen" recipe, it was ok,?but I like my regular homemade thin crust pizza way more . I have a huge pizza stone I ripped out of a commercial pizza oven, it's a full inch thick and makes great pizza. I'm a professional baker, and I have a 20 quart Hobart mixer in my 400 square foot studio apartment, good pizza at snouts place!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
No problem, HeAd.  :) 

I'm about to put my dinner, or normal people's breakfast during this time, in the oven.

A six cheese flatbread from some company in Vermont. American Flatbread Company, or something like that. My local Krogers added it to their frozen pizza repertoire a few months ago. For a frozen pizza / flatbread, it's pretty good.

The crust is especially good. Light, crisp, chewy. It's topped with six different kinds of cheese, garlic, thin slices of red onion, and some parsley. No sauce, which is fine with me. I'm not too partial to tomato-based sauces. I prefer pesto and white sauces. After it's done I usually drizzle it with some extra virgin olive oil.

Pretty quick, tasty meal, if not very healthy.

After that, maybe a little more phenibut, some more vaping, then glorious sleep. I've got some people to talk with tomorrow evening.  ;) 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Snout

« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »
Can I post about what my K9 friends eat for dinner? I have been making food for them when I can, and they love it and it is real food. I actually eat it also sometimes. My usual recipe:
1 cup green lentils
2 cups brown rice
1 bag of trader joes cut up kale
2 sweet potatoes diced up
6-7 cups of water

Put it all in a pot, cover, simmer about 35 minutes, let sit an hour. I keep it in the fridge, and nuke it until it is lukewarm for the dogs. Sometimes I splurge and use low sodium chicken stock instead of water , but then I won't eat it, I'm a vegetarian. When I eat it, I add salt of course, but no salt for the dogs. They scarf it like famished wolves, and it seems to do their digestive systems right. I love my snout dogs, and cooking for them is really fun , easy, and cheap. The crap in commercial dog food is scary. Anyone else do this? I bake dog biscuits occasionally for them too. Maybe I have too much free time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2016, 06:32:02 AM »
IDK, Snout. But something about feeding vegetables to dogs seems kinda wrong to me. Just me, though. If they like it, then fine. I guess they could be eating it because that's all you give them and they would eat anything at this point? They might try to eat you just to taste some real meat! But it is damn scary wgat they put in pet foods. I've been reading the ingredients on the dog and cat food at the grocery store lately and WTF is "lamb meal?" Lamb made into a fine powder? Ugh. Chicken bone meal, beef bone meal, all sorts of nasty shit. But I taste some of it from time to time too. The cat treats are the most palatable of all the pet foods, I find. Some of the newer dog foods are just like people food though. Like "Cesar" brand dogfood makes a beef stew that looks just like Dinty Moore's. It's a clear plastic cup it comes in and it has potatoes carrots, peas, and beef chunks in it. Probably not salted and spiced up for a human palate though. But don't animals love salt? I'm sure you could put a little salt in your dogs' food and they would like it.

This one guy who comes to the AA meetings around here always brings his overweight, very fat dog named Ginger with him. It's totally gross how he lets this dog lick him all over his face and even French-kisses it! I mean he lets his tongue touch the dog's tongue while she's licking him in the mouth. I asked him if he was doing that and he was like "yeah, why not? A dog's mouth is 10000X times cleaner than a human mouth" or some dumb bullshit urban myth. Uh, no. A dog who never brushes his teeth, has smelly dog breath, and eats his own shit does not have a cleaner mouth than me! Anyway, this guy always is giving cookies and cake to this dog during the meetings, as we usually have treats. No wonder this dog is so fucking obese! Probably diabetic too at this point. It's like he's killing her but she loves cookies. Always kneeling at his feet, begging for sweets. Kind of makes me mad to see that. Oreos, pecan sandies, you name it. Not to mention it's probably rotting her teeth right out of her head too. This guy was also singin the praises of Donald Trump about two weeks ago before a meeting. So there you go - that's a Trump supporter. A doggie French kissin, sweets-feeder. The guy is a nice dude though, so I can't say too much bad about him other than that.

Thanks, Snout. I had to get that off my chest.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Snout

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2016, 06:57:01 AM »
Zoops, you so crazy! I know zero about animal nutrition, so I won't pretend to be any expert. My dogs spend 75% of their time with my female friend, and she feeds them meat. I'll cook meat for them if my female friend says they need it, like if they are sick, like one of our dogs was In December. She has read a lot about dog nutrition and I defer to her.
      I let my dogs lick my face, but they are not big lickers, just one quick lick occasionally. No fucking way do they lick my mouth, I'm with you on that one!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
Ya can't have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2016, 05:55:03 PM »
^^^
An occasional face-lick is o.k. I'll let them do that to me once in a while, but I ain't French kissin no dogs...

For supper this afternoon (we eat early in the South) at 4pm:

One 15oz jar of "Classico" brand creamy Alfredo sauce, a half pound of imitation crab meat (made mostly from Pollock fish), with a tablespoon of Crystal brand Louisiana hot sauce mixed in, served atop fettucine pasta.

Ate half of it. Saving the other half for tomorrow probably.

That Classico brand sauce is good quality stuff for coming straight from a jar. They actually have dry vermouth listed in the ingredients. Only one on the shelf that did. So, since it was on sale, I picked that one.

A pretty damn good attempt at a Cajun creamy seafood sauce, if I say so myself. Just the right amount of spiciness. Not overpowering - you can just taste it. Turned out pretty well. I'm hungry too, so that helps a lot.

When you're addicted to dope, though, you can't always count on being able to eat when you're hungry, so you have to go with it when the opportunity presents itself. I went with it.

I'm attempting to go totally pescatarian for Lent. So far, so good. Except for those crispy thin crust pizzas I bought that have a tiny bit of chopped pepperoni on them. $0.88 apiece though, so you can't beat that. I take one for lunch at work usually.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:58:26 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »
They have that vegetarian food for dogs
And I tried it in mine
They got super aggressive
Not supposed to be bulldog ish

So I think yea should have some meat
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2016, 10:15:17 PM »
My dog is allergic to an endless list of crap.  His food is made out of garbanzo beans, duck meat and a couple binders.  Occasionally for a treat I'll give him a duck foot or piece of salmon skin.   I keep myself on a strict cheeseburger and pizza diet so he doesn't feel so bad about it.  My occasional treat is beer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2016, 04:18:23 AM »
FWIW I'm not a dog / pet owner. If I could, I'd have a cat. They're just more my personality type than are dogs. But I do live with an avid dog owner, who loves her yappy, barky Maltese.

She feeds him Blue Buffalo dry food that contains chicken and brown rice. Before that she bought him Eukanuba dry dog food. Several years ago there was a recall on Eukanuba, so she freaked and switched over to Blue Buffalo.

For treats he gets something called Greenies. They're green chew sticks. They look odd, but he seems to like them, and they're supposedly good for his teeth. He also gets some kind of all natural chicken jerky.

The big, Big, BIG thing is that everything he eats MUST be made in the US. She heard that a lot of dog food is manufactured in China, and of course it's known the world over for its high (very low) safety and quality standards.

She also gives him vegetables as treats, rather than more protein-based treats. She freaked because his kidney enzymes were elevated a few months ago, and the vet concluded he was getting too much protein.

I can believe that because prior to that he was getting a ton of those chicken jerky treats. So apparently dogs can get too much protein. Counterintuitive, I know.

I like the idea of people cooking for their pets. I remember seeing a food documentary once, and as a side note it had a quick recipe for what the people's dogs ate. It was basically a mixture of cooked rice, cooked and chopped beef liver, and cooked and chopped carrots and cabbage.

If anything it ensures people know exactly what their pets are eating. It may even be cheaper than store bought pet food, depending on what the ingredients are, on how many pets are eating, and on how much they eat.

To get this back to people food:

Steamed brown rice seasoned with soy sauce and toasted sesame seed oil, with toasted cashews mixed in. Alongside four shrimp spring rolls, made by SeaPack, found in the frozen food aisle.

8mg Suboxone taken sublingually
5.5g phenibut mixed in diet Sprite
Regular, boring, non-scheduled meds
About 4.5ml 2.4% Peach flavored e-liquid vaped over the past 24 hours

A couple strong cups of Starbucks espresso roast coffee closer to morning with cinnamon-vanilla coffee creamer and milk

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »
IDK, Snout. But something about feeding vegetables to dogs seems kinda wrong to me. Just me, though. If they like it, then fine. I guess they could be eating it because that's all you give them and they would eat anything at this point? They might try to eat you just to taste some real meat! But it is damn scary wgat they put in pet foods. I've been reading the ingredients on the dog and cat food at the grocery store lately and WTF is "lamb meal?" Lamb made into a fine powder? Ugh. Chicken bone meal, beef bone meal, all sorts of nasty shit. But I taste some of it from time to time too. The cat treats are the most palatable of all the pet foods, I find. Some of the newer dog foods are just like people food though. Like "Cesar" brand dogfood makes a beef stew that looks just like Dinty Moore's. It's a clear plastic cup it comes in and it has potatoes carrots, peas, and beef chunks in it. Probably not salted and spiced up for a human palate though. But don't animals love salt? I'm sure you could put a little salt in your dogs' food and they would like it.

There are or have been, plenty of people who ate pet food. Mostly they are impoverished seniors who just couldn't even afford crap like "potted meat." I was told "Alpo" dog food dropped the "Dog Food" from the name becasue they knew people were eating it.

I know this (that people eat it) because my dad's best friend was a VP for Carnation in the pet food division. He one time had the idea to sell pet foods with birth control in them for people who preferred nott o "fix" their pets. They did the R&D and names and were set to develop it but the legal dpartment told them they couldn't market it because they knew a percenatge of their pet foods were in fact being eaten by people and the canine or feline birth control would harm them.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:28:39 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus (OP)

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »
We used to cook for our dogs
Not all the time
But when we did
We would make
Rice with beef broth
Beef
Eggs
Broccoli or carrots

Toadie liked broccoli

Martha Stewart cooks for her dogs
That's where I got the idea

Other than having real beef jerky
For treats
They were not allowed to have people food

@Zoops the classico brand is pretty good
That's what I use
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »
I actually mixed up and baked a Duncan Hines milk chocolate cake mix yesterday afternoon, and then nibbled on half of it the rest of the day, at the other half for breakfast this morning. Chocolate cake is ideal breakfast food.

Anybody remember the classic Bill Cosby standup routine about the time, when his wife was away, he gave his kids chocolate cake for breakfast? Funny as shit.

Today, for lunch/dinner, I ate the rest of the seafood alfredo sauce I made the other day, served with whole wheat toast.

I made green jello too. Green is the very best flavor. Not lime, just "green." Is that a flavor, green? A pack of the Food Lion brand is only $0.39. Bonus! I'll buy it again!

Funny as shit - I typed in "dad is great" in Google and it finished "gives us the chocolate cake."

Check it out:

The very last part is the funniest part, but you have to watch the whole thing to get it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:53:20 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2016, 08:39:59 AM »
I remember something Bill Cosby did on the Cosby show when his wife Claire was away.

She had made a chocolate cake. She told him not to eat any yet. She leaves. He eats some.

To make it look like he hadn't eaten any, he took a clump of paper towels, put them where the cut piece had been, then frosted them with more chocolate frosting to make the cake look whole again.

That's all I remember about him and chocolate cake.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he didn't feed his woozy victims chocolate cake, once they woke up from their Quaalude-enhanced sexcapades.

That's a disturbing image. Bill Cosby giving them Quaalude-spiked champagne with chocolate-covered strawberries, his chocolate privates once they're lights out, then chocolate cake when they woke up. Uggg.

Shudders.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus (OP)

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2016, 04:55:41 PM »
BAE made me poached egg on avocado toast
And it was fucking delish
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »
Does BAE stand for something? Like "Baby Ain't Everything?" IDK it looks like an ABBREV. or acronym B/C it's in CAPS.

Me:

black beans and white rice, with a dash of paprika, crushed red pepper, Crystal hot sauce, and olive oil. Mexican taco 4 cheese blend on top.

It is Good and very cheap. Most expensive part was the cheese and olive oil. if you skip those, you'd get just a hair over 2 pounds of it for like a dollar (the rice weighs a lot more when it's cooked but 2 pounds dry costs less than 2 dollars, one cup dry was what I used and that comes out to about 33 cents and the beans were 79 cents a can, which weighs 15.5 ounces) finished cooking weight comes out to 3 pounds or just under it, at the very very least. One cup of water is 225milliliters, or 225 grams, which is about 0.4 pounds - times two is 0.8 pounds. One cup of rice dry = about 1/3 pound (0.33333 pound), plus the beans (one pound), plus the water (about 0.8 pounds) = about 2.3-something pounds, allowing for some water weight loss in cooking due to evaporation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal