dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I actually injected a person with a suboxone strip and reversed an overdose.  (Read 26830 times)

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Iamonheroin has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:December 17, 2019, 05:51:51 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
I have read about this on several different sites but I finally had to try this 2 days ago. This method saved a guys life. I've read that bupe is not water soluble and naloxone is. I was in a situation 2 days ago where that was the last option after an hour and no signs of getting better I pulled the trigger and did it.

A guy at my place did a shot of what wasn't actually dope but fent or some type of fent analog being sold on the street as dope. The stuff was crystal clear in the rig when u pulled it back. He flopped almost immediately off of only 15 bucks worth. It came to the point where I had exhausted every effort to revive him besides calling 911.

I took a 4 mg suboxone strip and ripped it in half and disolved it in 50 units of water. 4 mg bupe / 1 mg naloxone. So in theory roughly .5 mg naloxone in the solution i mixed up. I shot it in him and after about 30 seconds he was starting to come back breathing better and moaning while slowly coming back to life. This was the last act of desperation before having to call the ambulance to save this guy. After a few minutes He eventually regained color his lips no longer blue and he was standing up and talking. This guy was close to gone. If he was by himself he no doubt would be.

I have seen several people od in my time using but only 2 cases where the paramedics were finally called. This was definitely necessary and is absolutely what saved his life.

I know this is most likely not considered a safe way and if you can call the paramedics or are in a state where if u do u can't be punished call them. But some people can't because of the laws and criminal background would be sent away for some time. That was my case. I made the decision to do this before we call 911 and it is what saved this man. He was also thankful I did not call them. He would have been in deep shit too.

Luckily I read boards like this frequently and had the knowledge to save his life. It was a story similar to this on a similar site year's ago that always made me wonder. If you are ever in a situation where someone is overdosing and that is an option there is a chance it could work. If you can call for help obviously do that first but due to the criminal nature of drug addiction that's not always a great option for some.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

You should have gone for ice cubes in his butt.

I'm glad he lived.  You're lucky it worked, or he is rather.  Sometimes fentanyl binds tightly to your receptors, and narcan doesn't work.  I have heard anecdotes where it took multiple shots to get someone to come to after a fentanyl overdose. 

Just fyi, but bupe is water soluble.  17mg/ml solubility in water, and 42 in alcohol.  It might actually have been the bupe that did the trick and not the narcan.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
I have read both before. So the bupe could have been so strong it pushed enough of the fent off his receptors to snap him out of it?  either way that's definitely what saved him. Crazy as it sounds.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DirtyJerzy

• Reputation Power: 12
  • DirtyJerzy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM
Bupe is most def water soluble, other wise banging subutex wouldn't do shit for me, and it most certainly does.

I've also read about someone being brought out of an OD with subs, don't recall if if was suboxone or subutex, as that would tell if it was the bupe or the narcan that did it. I also suspect it was the bupe, ripping the opiates off the receptors.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
I have long imagined that this would work. That was good tinking on your part and I am glad it din't have uexpected nagative consequences, like if it din't work and you had to call paramedics and someone told them what you had tried you might have caught a court case. But at least that dind't happeni and all's well the ends well, as they used to say.

You mentioned the relivive solubility of both buprenorphine and naloxone. I am not sure but I thought they were both water soluble and neither icould be matabolized by swallowing. I think that would mean either the bupe and the naloxone would work when injected. So if you just had straight biprenorphine (aka subtext) instead of combination that is found in Suboxon3.

Good to know it works staying under a town's police rafar is always a good idea.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Iamonheroin, you are a legend. Someone owes you their life. Good stuff !

Did you go IV or IM? I assume you went IV but I must ask ...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:23:09 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
IV..When he came to after a while he says "I'm still trying to figure out where you did it at.." he had a fat vein in his left forearm I could have hit from across the room.

And yea I looked it up both naloxone and bupe are water soluble. I used only half a 4 mg strip. I can't decide which one or if both combined was the trick but it worked.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
It's a great feeling when you can revive someone. Good thing you were around your friend.
What's scary is not always knowing what's in the dope and having to guess at how much to give in terms of reversing the OD.
You did good. 

Have you considered getting a few Narcan kits to keep handy. This way there is no guessing and they can now be administered nasally.
I am not sure where you are at, but if you can get your hands on a kit, I would recommend it.
The Narcan kits should be available at any and every pharmacy, in a perfect world I know.
Let's hope that happens soon.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Hey that's awesome! Good work, homie! Since naloxone sometimes doesn't work in fent overdoses, I suspect it was in large part due to the buprenorphine, and not the naloxone. The EMTs would be at a loss if they shot him up with Narcan and got no response. Sure as hell they wouldn't have dared to shoot the guy up with a sub strip. And I bet that's what saved his life.

I think it might be one of those "God things" that happened and you were part of it.

How was the guy after he came to? Any PWD?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
Iamonheroin, you are a legend. Someone owes you their life. Good stuff !

Did you go IV or IM? I assume you went IV but I must ask ...

I think you did a good, I mean really GOOD job @Iamonheroin
You have a ground to be proud of yourself, not anyone would be in position/able to do it.
You prove you're some cool-heady guy (or how it calls in English), with some great reflexes...
Plus you've considered different options before.
This game we're all playing here gets kinda war-like sometimes.
This is like not to leave wounded/dying mate alone on the battlefield, excuse my  exaltation, please.

Respect to you.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
I am in Missouri I think I've read something about narcan kits being available here now. Or there's a program where u can take a class and get  some or something.

And no PWDs. He didn't notice any really and I couldn't tell. The only thing other than his body being really sore was he kept complaining about ringing in his ears for a while afterwards. And he said he could hardly hear I was pretty much having to yell at him for him to hear me.

Now I wonder if it would have been actual heroin he had done if it would have worked? I had no idea about naloxone not working  for fent od. The only other time I almost tried this was years ago and it was tar that caused od but someone called 911 right before I was going to mix up a shot so I decided to wait for the ambulance. Looking back that could have done more damage than good. All the stars aligned this time I guess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Good for you, better for them. I'm glad you avoided a tragedy.
I once revived an OD victim with an injection of a crushed up naltrexone tablet.

If it's OK with the admins/mods I can help you to get in touch with these 2 people who will mail you a care package that includes new needles, filters, prep pads, but lost importantly 2 vials of naloxone (narcan).

If anyone objects just let me know.

Also, I know some of you guys could use some free syringes. If you are able to / can afford just fine to buy your rigs, please don't request them, or just ask specifically for only narcan. The people running this don't have unlimited resources.

It was some of their narcan that revived me about a month and a half ago.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
Somebody had given me a bag full of those tablets and that's what I was looking for at first but they are lost now. So suboxone was the next option. I had subutex too but I went with a strip since it had the naloxone.

And yes I'm set on clean rigs for a while but narcan kits would be very good to have handy. Never know when u may need one or if I ever od my gf may save me with one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
I just read your post about your friend, how he couldn't gear very well when he came to. The same thing happened to me, except I didn't have ringing or just didn't notice it due to having tinnitus. It was just super muffled, as if u was wearing double hearing protection (ear plugs in with noise blocking earmuffs over the ears). It lasted about 10 or 15 minutes or so. Is this a common opiate OD symptom?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Hey just so u know, you said "someone gave me some of those tablets" naloxone doesn't generally ever come in pill form, but NALTREXONE" does. Naltrexone is like naloxone on steroids. No joke. The only time you shouldEVER EVER EVER shoot up someone with a habit with one of those is if u tried 12mgs of bupe already and that didn't work. Naltrexone WILL bring just about anything off the receptors and for a longer time. Think intense extended precipitated withdrawals.

FYI it likely wasn't the naloxone but the bupe that ripped to off the receptors, iirc bupe has a higher bonding coefficient than naloxone and therefore will be the mainly active substance. While naloxone may play a part at some of the receptors the bupe is the main reason that dude didn't die.

Another FYI, had you had to call the ambo, the first thing you do after calling 911 is empty yours and his pockets, take all dope and paraphernalia and stash it somewhere, then drag him outside by the door, all the while making sure he isn't goon blue, if he is, give him some breaths to force oxygen into his body. By the time the ambo and pigs show up you should have all cell phones, dope and paraphernalia in the house, which is locked, and you and he are outside. You tell hem he just showed up at your place and rang the doorbell and he went out after u opened it. This way the pigs cannot search ur place as there is no reasonable suspicion you were involved. Whatever they threaten u with DO FUCKKNG NOT OPEN THE DOOR UNTIL THEY LEAVE. You tell the ambo that u think he has been using drugs as he has been asking u for money lately. They'll know to hit him with Narcan. Also it doesn't implicate u at all. Stay safe folks!!!

Finally, let me say congrats, you literally saved a life!!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions