Core Topics > Seniors, Geriatrics

Father Peacefully Passes Away with Dignity and in Much Comfort

(1/10) > >>

Chip:
i am repeating myself but it's helping me by sharing it.

Dad died at 19:58, 8th September 2016 (Sydney time), a few weeeks from his 93rd. birthday.

Lucky guy had a great life and a great wife .. he went out on a cloud of Morphine and Midazolam, with all our goodbyes said and with much closure.

As i said, may we all be that lucky ...

Here are my parents, in love and for over 70 years !

theSWPK:
I'm sorry to hear that your father passed, but I am relieved to know that he is no longer in pain.
Hang in there Chipper.

I'm glad you were able to be with him up until the end.
My grandfather died alone in a nursing home because they never called us. It still pains me to think of it.

Chip:
you're serious, aren't you ? WOW -- man, that's just slack - there are some cold people out there; i can imagine how you must've felt - it's a type of emotional theft.

dying alone is my own biggest fear.

thanks, bro'

NZniceguy:
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father mate. Sounds like you and your family have been through a bit in the last few months with this. Good to hear he went peacefully.....may we all go like that. Just be careful with grief and using as it can trigger some pretty self destructive behaviour and noone can blame you if you went that way...I think we all have those moments at times like this.....easy to say fuck it and go extra hard on the gear.... Take care mate and i hope the next week or two are as good as they can be.

Chip:
Thanks, NZNG ... i have been playing this scenario over and over already so the grief can only improve and evolve into acceptance.

it hurts less knowing that this was his wish.

i've stopped injecting but a little bit of extra "P", as you call it, is all that's needed -- strictly therapeutic doses only.

i'm now being kind to myself and want to be more available for my currently accepting but naturally, a bit despondent mother.

we've had plenty of time to get used to this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with dopetalk. To register, please click here...
Go to full version