dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies 5 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies  (Read 11576 times)

Offline chemicalchart

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • chemicalchart is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 24, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 03, 2016, 01:57:52 AM »
"The Night of..." just keeps getting better. Finished part 4 tonight and was impressed. Gonna watch this through to the end.

If you don't mind subtitles, the Norwegian disaster film, "The Wave" is a great ride. At points I forgot I was reading subtitles, always a good sign. A lot of the Netflix reviews complained about the last 45 minutes but I thought it was great all the way through.

Really enjoyed "Stranger Things". The Duffer Bros. are getting better and better. Their last series, "Wayward Pines" sort of sucked the second season but now that they are behind the wheel of "Stranger Things" they seem more confident.

"Mr. Robot" started out pretty well but I'm not sure where it's going suddenly. The main character is supposedly crazy but the writers have spent 4 or 5 shows beating that theme into the viewer's head. Alright already! We get it! The good part is they get the tech right for a change.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 04:49:39 AM »
Part 5 of the night of just showed it was damn good, the show gets better and better, i read what happened on the criminal justice show which is the British show the night of is based on, so hopefully that doesn't totally ruin it for me but the suspense was a bit much, I can't wait 3 weeks. I am thinking about watching the criminal justice one this week see if its good as well. Either way The night of is bad ass and john turtorro is awesome in it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
The Night Of...Excellent and keeps getting better. I wish it was a two hour show, instead of one.
The whole cast is great.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 02:32:53 AM »
"The Night of..." just keeps getting better. Finished part 4 tonight and was impressed. Gonna watch this through to the end.

If you don't mind subtitles, the Norwegian disaster film, "The Wave" is a great ride. At points I forgot I was reading subtitles, always a good sign. A lot of the Netflix reviews complained about the last 45 minutes but I thought it was great all the way through.

Really enjoyed "Stranger Things". The Duffer Bros. are getting better and better. Their last series, "Wayward Pines" sort of sucked the second season but now that they are behind the wheel of "Stranger Things" they seem more confident.

"Mr. Robot" started out pretty well but I'm not sure where it's going suddenly. The main character is supposedly crazy but the writers have spent 4 or 5 shows beating that theme into the viewer's head. Alright already! We get it! The good part is they get the tech right for a change.

I am enjoying "The Night of..." as well. As long as it doesn't dip to far into "police procedural" it will probably be quite satisfying. Naz's transformation is happening a little quickly in our week-to-week installments leading to some indulgence though. For instance, the cat that Stone puts in the shelter has only 10 days before "disposal" and when he picks it up after 9.5 days but at the same time the case has lept way forward and Naz hs bulked up and "broke bad" in a similiar time frame. Still I am OK going with it and suspending some disbelief.

I kind of lost interest in "Stranger Thngs" and although I watched the whole season I stopped caring about 2/3 of the way through. The 80's ET "homage" was a little thick off for me but I was too old for ET when it came out so that might explain that.

I started to write a post about the second season of "Mr. Robot" but decided to re-watch the new episodes and some of last year first to get some clarity on some of the secondary characters (like the female power lawyer who is into S&M) who seem to have come from nowhere and Craig Robertson's character as well. It was so fresh last season I hope it doesn't suffer the "Sophopmore Slump" many fist-season hits have in their second season.

I just tonight finished binge-watching "Animal Kingdom" on TNT which is based on the very good Austrailian movie of the same name. The TNT version is a little like "Sons of Anarchy" (fuck the whole Teller family, the only good thing was that Jimmy Smits and Drea Dematto escaped and saved the kids from becoming corrupt) which started strong but after a whileI found nothing redeemable in any of the characters. Animal Kingdom is falling into that trap but kept my interst so far. IT is probably very tricky to write a sustained show about charismatic villians because ultimately viewers won't continue to root for them as they corrupt everything they touch. Walter White was ultimately corrupted and evil by the end of "Breaking Bad" we all still wanted to know what happened to him, which made that show so remarkable.

But like the rest of us I am always hoping to be surprised by something unique.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 10kites

• Reputation Power: 12
  • 10kites is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 25, 2021, 01:28:31 AM
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »
The U.S. version of Shameless on netflix is good. William Macy is great in this, but then again I've liked him in everything that I've seen him in.

Crossing Point was alright. Friends go to Mexico to surf, girl gets snatched, guy has to smuggle 5 keys across border in 12hr or girl gets whacked, it was better then most movies of the sort.

It takes me longer to find a movie on netflix thats worth watchin then it does to watch the movie. Maybe I'm too picky.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:01:40 AM by 10kites »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2016, 01:20:58 AM »
I'm stuck on the Olympics at the moment. I truly love the Olympics. It's the only time North Korea will march with South Korea (Sydney 2000) and Iran will compete with Israel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline adamn1t

• Reputation Power: 4
  • adamn1t is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 02, 2019, 09:31:16 AM
  • Fuck it
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2016, 09:35:31 PM »
Just started watching this show DAY 5.  An unexplainable epidemic has swept across the globe affecting every human being. People are frantically searching for answers because if you fall asleep... You die. How long can people stay awake? Seems decent but is not on tv or netflix. Its on a pay site called roster teeth which sucks. but if you do some digging you should be able to find it elsewhere.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sickboy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 23, 2017, 01:40:39 AM
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
I'm binge watching the second season of Narcos tonight, I should finish it before to methadone clinic opens.  Can't help but root for Escobar.  I always root for the bad guys!

Hearing great things about Gotham but I haven't started it

I started watching Penny Dreadful but I lost interest halfway thru the 1st season.  Should I keep going with this show??? If anybody knows, please advise

As far as Trainspotting 2, I'm a little nervous it could come off as depressing since it is 20 years later

Bad Santa 2 is coming out too.

Football then the NBA, I'm a super fan of both sports.  Go Jets, Go Knicks!!!

30 for 30 ESPN Docs are also great if you are a sports fan.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."  T. S. Eliot

Offline gnossos

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY

I pretty much watch Mystery Science Theater all day everyday. lol.

ATM I'm really looking forward to the latest season of RuPaul's Drag Race premiering in a few days, (I fangirl HARD over Drag Race). Also watching Ryan Murphy's Feud but not impressed with it at all. I expected something better since I'm a fan of American Horror Story... but come to think of it, considering how awful Roanoake was, I probably shouldn't have expected much.

Some British shows have been mentioned here, Black Mirror is really good. There's a 4th season coming out this year.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Offline FlorAtive

• Regular
  • FlorAtive is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 07, 2018, 09:01:41 AM
  • You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.
If anyone is into the government conspiracy type stuff OR puzzles and/or mysteries, I highly suggest
Rubicon
There is only one season. It was canceled for probably being too real. It's about a 4th branch of government that controls disasters and awful events for self gain and profit. Ridding of the awoken people or suspicious people. It was and still is my favorite show that has hit television. It was an AMC production I believe.. I'm looking it back up tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
If anyone likes early 20th century stuff Boardwalk Empire and Peaky Blinders are both really good, peaky blinders starts off a bit weird and slow but gets really really good. I liked boardwalk empire all the way through, I am always on the lookout for new shows, the new season of orange is the new black is out so I am probably going to watch that this weekend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
Queen of the South the U.S version!! Just finished first season and the second is coming on soon, I can't wait.

American Gods...been enjoying that. I love the book and I love that there is more story in the show and it's author created so it's like getting more of my fave story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Just started watching this show DAY 5.  An unexplainable epidemic has swept across the globe affecting every human being. People are frantically searching for answers because if you fall asleep... You die. How long can people stay awake? Seems decent but is not on tv or netflix. Its on a pay site called roster teeth which sucks. but if you do some digging you should be able to find it elsewhere.

ah ha ! an opportunity for Meth dealers to really cash in but that only goes for so long until you eventually fall asleep. what a crazy concept.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline FlorAtive

• Regular
  • FlorAtive is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 07, 2018, 09:01:41 AM
  • You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.
You all seem cool enough to let you in on a wittle secret.. There's an app that can be installed on PC, Android, the Firestick and a few other devices. I haven't paid for cable or paid to watch anything in a few years now.
Kodi is the app/program. Theres plenty of YouTube videos and interweb directions to set it up. I'm an avid user of the app and know the best internal apps to install to get it running. Feel free to message me for directions.
Right now, the working third party apps within Kodi that should be installed, *If you choose to do it* are UKturk & Elysium. Free movies, TV shows, Documentaries, Categories, search features... you name it.. productions going all the way back to the 1950s. Oh and did I mention it's free?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.

Offline Griffin

I just use 123movies.com you dont have to download anything and they have everything pretty much and usually are the first to get the stuff in theatres on cam and hd, they have a lot of pop ups but its better then downloading for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Kodi lets you grab the streams from a bunch of sites like putlocker 123movies, solarmovies and on and on.  It contains a program that works like an aggregator for all of the streaming sites.  I use the exodus app more then the ones mentioned personally.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions