dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: RIP Chris Cornell  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Dhedmo (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
RIP Chris Cornell
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
Off to work, just learned the founding member of Soundgarten died of an apparent suicide:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/arts/music/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden.html
Hope the link works.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: RIP Chris Cornell
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:31 AM »
This seems fishy to me. He doesn't seem like he'd off himself after a show.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:40:08 AM »
^^^Why not? I wouldn't mind going out after doing the thing I love to do most.

This whole situation just plain sucks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
how long was he clean?  non-users just don't understand how hard it is in the long term after opiates.  paws isn't the end of it, it leaves a hole in one's life that can just go on & on.  Not to mention that so many get hooked because of mental/emotional problems like depression etc & what do you do after the best fix for that stops working or is abandoned.  I'll never forget how good heroin made me feel about life & that can make living with depression (me) etc much more difficult than it was before opiates. 

I wasn't the biggest fan but it's a tragedy any way you look at it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Monkawat

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monkawat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 24, 2017, 09:00:27 AM
  • a cosy place for heads
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
Hearing this news was tough. Cornell's music has gotten me through some serious shit in my life. I hope his family can somehow find some peace someday despite all this chaos and mystery surrounding his death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline traplord69

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • traplord69 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2020, 10:04:58 AM
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »
Like people stated no one can really tell what exactly was going on with him at the time of his suicide (RIP). PAWS, depression related to that, whatever the case was.  It really is crazy though any way you think about it.  Someone who is at the pinnacle of their profession, has untold millions of dollars, admired by people all over the world.  Pretty much anyone would look at someone like that and say fuck I wish that was me, but for whatever reason he was unhappy enough with life to end it.  It may be obvious but I think it speaks to the fact that when people have gotten past the need to just survive on a physiological level (as in maslows hierarchy of needs) we are left with psychosocial issues ie ourselves.  Since we no longer have to fight, fend off predators, worry about being killed, as we did when humans were evolving, the next level of angst becomes psychological and for some it is too much to deal with.  It's a tough world and to get through it you must be equally tough.  Alot of this comes from a podcast I recently listened to with joe rogan and a former navy seal, they talked about a bunch of really interesting stuff and this topic specifically. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:29:08 AM »
Like people stated no one can really tell what exactly was going on with him at the time of his suicide (RIP). PAWS, depression related to that, whatever the case was.  It really is crazy though any way you think about it.  Someone who is at the pinnacle of their profession, has untold millions of dollars, admired by people all over the world.  Pretty much anyone would look at someone like that and say fuck I wish that was me, but for whatever reason he was unhappy enough with life to end it.  It may be obvious but I think it speaks to the fact that when people have gotten past the need to just survive on a physiological level (as in maslows hierarchy of needs) we are left with psychosocial issues ie ourselves.  Since we no longer have to fight, fend off predators, worry about being killed, as we did when humans were evolving, the next level of angst becomes psychological and for some it is too much to deal with.  It's a tough world and to get through it you must be equally tough.  Alot of this comes from a podcast I recently listened to with joe rogan and a former navy seal, they talked about a bunch of really interesting stuff and this topic specifically.
Can you send me a link to this podcast? It sounds very interesting and I've had the same or similar thoughts before. I bet humans killing themselves wasn't very common until the last few hundred years. The better our world gets in a lot of ways, people seem to get shittier in a lot of ways and I think sensitive folks can't take the selfishness and materialistic way of life in this country and the "me, me" attitude everyone seems to have these days and just want out of it.

I wish he would have found a peaceful island or something since he had the means to find a place better than the US if he searched and traveled. But I'm sure he didn't want to leave his kids in the US while he moved to some tropical island or wherever. But I bet they'd rather have him move away than kill himself.

Who knows what he was thinking but once you've got all that money that was supposed to make you happy, I bet it's pretty depressing to find out that it doesn't equal happiness and actually probably makes things worse with leeches trying to fake being your friend and women trying to sleep with you for your wallet instead of just for you. I would imagine it's very hard to find any "real" friends and/or girlfriends and even your family just wants money a lot of times with these big stars.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline traplord69

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • traplord69 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2020, 10:04:58 AM
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
Yea I totally agree.  Here's the link:  http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/jocko-willink-2 
I would highly recommend his podcast in general, he has a ton of really interesting guests on and gets into some really deep and cool topics
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal