dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Non Disclosure Agreement - NDA Rumor / Non Rumor  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Narkotikon (OP)

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Non Disclosure Agreement - NDA Rumor / Non Rumor
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:03:33 AM »
I'm posting this in the general section because the original RTotale thread was moved to the FF, and subsequently locked. I couldn't respond there.

None of us four (Poppycop, DoD, Hero, or myself) posted in that travesty today. We had all agreed to let the subject die. The only people posting in it today were angry staff members.

Sometimes they'd even post jabs, then lock the thread, well knowing that regular members couldn't respond. That's not fair.

I didn't even want to login tonight, let alone continue this, or make a new thread. I had intended on staying away from DAU for several days at least.

It was suggested that I make one, last post because of the lies and assumptions that were told about me today that had been relayed to me.

I was accused of spreading rumors about a non disclosure agreement. FatPie is correct, there is no formal NDA that the staff was asked to sign.

The reason I mentioned that is because a month or two ago, Chipper contacted me. He wanted to know my thoughts on asking the staff to sign a NDA. He was worried about things behind the scenes getting leaked.

I initially told Chipper I supported an NDA. Very shortly after that, I contacted him again and told him that I rescind my support.

Simply because an NDA means that the community is kept in the dark about things. You can't have a transparent, open democracy without involving the community. We have a right to know things.

Chipper has asked for my advice / opinions on several things in the past. Why? Because he trusts my judgement, sense of fairness, and ethics. I don't lie.

The NDA got brought up in connection with Zystal's lie because if members are deprived of the truth, they're kept in the dark, and then there is another chip in the concept of a transparent democracy. That shouldn't be allowed.

I'd also like to apologize to some of the decent staff members. Jega, Deadcat, and Sand, I realize you work hard and do the right thing.

I should have been clearer when I said I was disappointed in all levels of leadership here. I didn't mean that in a general sense. I meant it in connection to this travesty.

You three have kept out of all this, so that obviously means it doesn't apply to you. Nor does it apply to Nick or Candy either.

I'd also like to say my faith in, and respect for, Chipper as a leader has been restored, when he offered to pm the original post to Poppycop.   

Founders: Going forward, I think it would be good to clearly define the exact responsibilities of mods, admins, and founders. It would bring some harmony to a chaotic situation. It would also make it easier to determine when individual staff members are falling short.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Z

Re: Non Disclosure Agreement - NDA Rumor / Non Rumor
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:38:09 AM »
I unlocked the other thread.  It should have been unlocked when it was moved, but things happen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
I try and stay out of this sort of thing and running the site because that's the job of the administration and moderators selected by the membership.

My opinion which should only be as valued as any other member's is,I'm far from impressed with the idea of non disclosure agreements.At the same time,I hope the people running the site realise that a lot of what is said behind the scenes should be regarded as private-like a private message and act accordingly.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »
I floated the idea of a NDA a while back but it was only to stop email addresses from leaking out of the membership.

I never followed up on it.

That's the whole story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 10:47:55 AM »
I have stayed out of this (i didn't even know there was any issues until recently), so sincere thanks to you Nark for not lumping all staff in w/those you are disagreeing with. I really appreciate it. Im posting now, b/c I want to be clear: I'm not a tech person so I wouldn't know if anything did or didn't happen. If i KNEW, I would speak up whichever way "the truth" fell, b/c as nick says, its my responsibility. Imo, its simple; we staff are here for the Members. So though I feel sad this has happened & for the negative that might be felt, I'm GLAD folks spoke up. 

In the interests of transparency, I'm sharing what my hopes & goals as a mod are.  Im only speaking for myself--my hope is that barring something that is urgent like solicitation or outrageous trolling, (both of which imo have & should be dealt with quickly), to continue to take the time needed for a discussion and then make decision(s) if necessary. What makes this easier is that when necessary, folks here have already shown they can police themselves in many instances. We have a very few (& thanks to Founders) not hard to follow "rules".

We have a good thing here. I know I feel very lucky to be able to benefit from so much knowledge that many generously share. A lot of great Members who are smart, more than happy to lend a hand w/advice & support on almost any topic. The wealth and breadth of knowledge is tremendous. The generosity of those who share it is just amazing imo. 

We don't pressure anyone who chooses to lurk--they're just as welcome as those who post a lot. Thats big in my book. What I'm clumsily trying to say is there are a *lot* of folks I think of as "good folk" and would be proud to know IRL.

Really wonderful friendships I've been lucky to have, have been a direct result of Chipper, Nick and Candy's (& all the others im not trying to leave out) VERY hard work. I try never to forget that, so again, sincere thanks for creating d&u. It's no small thing imo and I'm grateful.

And, when something like this happens, we *all* have the opportunity to speak if we choose without the fear of being temp banned or the like. I don't think it was in any way "fun" for anyone involved. Sometimes there will never be agreement and I'm not minimizing *anything*--this is clearly serious. I'm just saying that though we can't go back in time, we DO have the chance to get it right or do it better next time. Every single Member (including us staff) deserves that (just speaking for me ok?).  That's my goal, b/c I benefit *so* much from so many of what is posted and shared.
Sorry for derailing any further NDA discussion; I didn't know where else to post this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »
the fuck did I do? I didn't lock the thread, I didn't take sides,

I posted exactly what was posted. I showed the edits, and the screenshots of the edits page. that's it. I also told you to take the gay crusader discussion elsewhere. somehow I'm not decent anymore?  Am I an ANGRY staff member because I posted all the edits and proved your "video" lie wrong? I don't understand, I just want to let the membership see the truth.

Don't beat around the bush, as you normally do, if you've got a problem with a staff member, call them out.

I know Z was acting like an asshole, and it seems like he has admitted that, and attempted to correct it, maybe I'm wrong. Frankly, I don't have much of an opinion of the whole thing, all I wanted to do was post all the edits for those that were saying things were there that never were really posted. Putting words in anothers mouth isn't something I like to see, especially when he was already admitting to fucking up bigtime, kicking a dude while he's down, and making shit up while doing it isn't ok.

and regarding an NDA, Chip brough t up a discussion on it but it wasn't ever implemented, nor did many agree it was a good idea. Chipper himself even admitted he was grasping at straws.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:30:39 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
I think a NDA is a bad idea, but it sounds like it wasn't brought up to be something nefarious or shady.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal