dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Hallucinations  (Read 16686 times)

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Hallucinations
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
As for advice on how to squash that dry mouth......

There is this Mouthwash you can get OTC called 'BioTene' or 'BioTine' (sp?) Bio-teen is the pronunciation.

Works great. I used it while I was on speed a lot. Dry mouth causes tooth decay or speeds up the process for sure.

I'd recommend it to anyone with a dry mouth hole.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 03:31:41 PM »
I swear by the stuff, but it doesn't last very long and you've gotta rinse repeat all day. Without it tho my mouth would be all sorts of messed up, I had to get implants and several rounds of periodontal work from throwing up acid and excessive dry mouth

Biotene saves the day
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kat1lifeleft

• Reputation Power: 6
  • kat1lifeleft is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2016, 12:49:46 AM
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 06:26:42 PM »
Just wanted to mention something here. I have also had these "full body twitches" or something. It always happens when I'm hitting the opiates really hard. I'll jerk really hard as I'm about to nod out, to the point where I used to scare my kid if she was laying with me. Used to think maybe my breathing was depressed and my body was jerking me to attention...idk. But that never really explained when they would happen when I was totally awake. I would twitch so hard that I would hurl things in my hands across the room and such.

As you can imagine, these twitches can be inconvenient. The absolute worst is that more than once, when fixing up, I would end up slinging the liquid contents of my spoon out. I'm not ashamed to admit that a tear came to my eye over these losses.

To the OP, don't know about the hallucinations... As others have said it may have been that you were just THAT HIGH with the double dose, extra half life increase and drug combo. If you're fine now I wouldn't stress too much UNLESS it happens again. Then make sure to get checked.

Anyway just wanted to express a tiny bit of understanding for your situation. Sincerely hope you are feeling much better. Kat
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 06:45:06 PM »
Maybe I should re-read your original post, but did you say that this happened after you took the double dose of methadone or before? I've definitely been nodding so hard I've been in a waking dream-type state, sleeping with my eyes open, reaching for stuff that isn't there, and even talking to someone once. When this happens, I will come to as soon as I reach for the thing that isn't there and did when I said "yeah," to the person who I was dreaming about.

If that's what you experienced, I wouldn't call it a hallucination, even though I was "seeing" stuff and had my eyes open, but I was dreaming, and was "seeing" that stuff in my head, not with my eyes, if that makes any sense. It's like the sensory input from my eyes is turned off and I'm dreaming with my eyes open, basically unconscious from opiates. (so not really a "waking dream" either?) This has been on heroin a couple times, but mostly on PST. I imagine it could easily occur with a high dose of methadone too, as I've nodded out before on that stuff.

So IDK. That's pretty frickin weird, man.

You sure you're not blowing smoke up our collective ass? Like it was really minor and hardly anything, like you saw the wall "breathe" for a second or a pattern on the floor (which happens to me often), and you inflated it to "I'm tripping balls for no reason," just to sound like you're waaaaay out there? I can see someone doing something like that.

Please forgive me if I offend. It's not my intention.

OBTW, Kat, your avatar is really keen. I like it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:50:28 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 08:37:03 PM »
As you can imagine, these twitches can be inconvenient. The absolute worst is that more than once, when fixing up, I would end up slinging the liquid contents of my spoon out. I'm not ashamed to admit that a tear came to my eye over these losses.

I remember doing this 3 times in my life, once was when I had just broke down an ounce of weed on a plate and threw it all of the floor which was carpet. Another time I had my cooker full and basically just threw it out it kinda was like when you are acting like you accidentally are throwing something on someone but it was no accident. I have lost a full sharp in the floor like a dart, I am just glad it didn't stick in my foot or something.

I think you guys are right and that it must of been from the double dose. I remember it happening when I was making food, but the rest of it could of been me in a dream like state where I was conscious. I get sleep paralysis all the time and that fucking sucks I actually had it last night and it wasn't that.

I assume that I went to sleep when I came home after dosing and getting my take home and then when I woke up I thought it was the next day and took my take home dose. I don't know why I would do that, I remember thinking that my dose at the clinic tasted like it had a lot more done this usual in it. It was noticeably more cherry cough syrup flavored compared to all of my other doses.

It just seemed like I wasn't laying down in the lucid dreaming state it always seemed like I was standing talking to someone and when I turned away and looked back they went away and had to happened like 5 times. It hasn't happened again so I am going to chalk it up to me being super high in nodland dreaming and scheming though out the day.

When I woke up that night my I was pissed because I couldn't find my take home. I looked everywhere with no luck and then I saw the bottle with the date and looked at my phone and felt like my inner clock was all fucked up. I don't know it was more likely than not me being super high unintentionally. Thanks for all the help in sorting my madness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sprawlnod

• Reputation Power: 3
  • sprawlnod is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 30, 2018, 10:35:41 AM
  • Kuffed
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 11:19:11 PM »

I think having dry mouth might be attributed to my diet and don't think right now they are related but they could be. I have been eating pretty much nothing but candy for 3 weeks in a row. The closest I have come to real food is pizza and pasta.

Your diet probably has a lot to do with this.  Eating nothing but sugar and carbs (plus smoking) is a sure way to get diabetes.  BTW, symptoms of diabetes include dry mouth, feeling thirsty, fatigue and blurred vision.  Not saying you have it, but if your blood sugar levels are way elevated, you might be getting some of the symptoms.  Start eating fresh vegetables immediately and get your blood checked.

I'm also on MMT and I've never had hallucinations like you describe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sprawlnod

• Reputation Power: 3
  • sprawlnod is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 30, 2018, 10:35:41 AM
  • Kuffed
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
Just wanted to mention something here. I have also had these "full body twitches" or something. It always happens when I'm hitting the opiates really hard. I'll jerk really hard as I'm about to nod out, to the point where I used to scare my kid if she was laying with me. Used to think maybe my breathing was depressed and my body was jerking me to attention...idk. But that never really explained when they would happen when I was totally awake. I would twitch so hard that I would hurl things in my hands across the room and such.

Hey kat: I also get twitches like that, they increase in frequency and strength when I'm laying down and relaxed.  I'll twitch a few times every minute and they are like hard, quick jerks. I have epilepsy, so I thought it was related to that, but maybe it's just the methadone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 11:42:26 PM »
Your diet probably has a lot to do with this.  Eating nothing but sugar and carbs (plus smoking) is a sure way to get diabetes.  BTW, symptoms of diabetes include dry mouth, feeling thirsty, fatigue and blurred vision.  Not saying you have it, but if your blood sugar levels are way elevated, you might be getting some of the symptoms.  Start eating fresh vegetables immediately and get your blood checked.

I'm also on MMT and I've never had hallucinations like you describe.

Although this is good advice
Let's not forget that
Methadone like most all opiates
Creates dry mouth
And is known for making people crave sugar

Griffin make sure you take extra good care
Of your teeth
B/ c given the above side effects
Methadone can ruin teeth

I would think you were just
Over medicated
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »
That sounds just like you took datura. You weren't munching on any random plants from your yard were you?? Loll prolly would have mentioned it if you were.

It sounds a little similar to tripping on benadryl, especially with the cotton mouth.
You didn't take any benadryl or anything did you? Maybe you're extra sensitive to it or something. Benadryl makes you trip like that, talking to people who aren't there, seeing spiders flooding out of the wall kind of shit that you can't tell isn't real
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:40:11 PM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Hey kat: I also get twitches like that, they increase in frequency and strength when I'm laying down and relaxed.  I'll twitch a few times every minute and they are like hard, quick jerks. I have epilepsy, so I thought it was related to that, but maybe it's just the methadone.

It's called like hypnic jerk and isn't uncommon. I get them when I'm falling asleep. For some reason, I only get them when my gf is with me, which sucks for her cause I end up twitching bad when her head is on my shoulder and she's practically asleep

Google says this A hypnic jerk, hypnagogic jerk, sleep start, sleep twitch or night start, or jump, is an involuntary twitch which occurs just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing them to awaken suddenly for a moment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Could it be some kind of wakeful nod? If that makes sense.. I know from when I was getting high if I was on a nod id be talking to friends that weren't there but never fully open eyes and "awake" only nodding out. Also was what you were saying make any sense? I know sometimes nodding people will tell me I said some off the wall shit like "no I left the moon in the kitchen"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
I actually took 8 benedryl that morning after my dose, because I didn't sleep much the night before so I was trying to get some sleep.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 40mgtofreedom

• Reputation Power: 4
  • 40mgtofreedom is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2017, 07:52:53 AM
  • /home/stackhammer
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »
Yesterday I was having very vivid hallucinations. I would be talking to someone and I would look away and when I looked back they were gone and I would stop talking out loud and wonder what just happened. I accidentally took my take home meds for today yesterday. I don't remember doing it, I just remember I woke up at 10 last night thinking it was morning and started looking it for it and couldn't find it. I found the empty bottle when I keep it.

I was seeing things that weren't there, talking out loud to people who weren't there. I fell asleep twice yesterday and woke up thinking it was today.  I am going through an immense amount of stress. This has never happened before though. I would realize that it was a hallucination after I would look back and see who I was talking out loud to was gone. I was seeing a bunch of different things as well, and had no concept of time. I would constantly forget what I was doing.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to you? I am wondering if it is because I am so stressed out, or maybe I am becoming schizophrenic. I was thinking it could be happening because I took both doses yesterday, but I don't even remember taking the second one. I was looking everywhere for it and found the bottle with todays date on it where I keep all my empty bottles.

I can't talk to my MMT counselor about it because he will take away all my take homes and I can't get them back. I would have to tell him everything besides taking the extra dose. I don't have any idea what is going on. Yesterday seemed like one big scary lucid dream that was extremely vivid. It was happening constantly and the person I was talking to would be gone and I would be talking out loud to myself.

It hasn't happened yet today but I have only been awake for less than an hour. It reminds me of an extremely vivid nightmare that I had the first time I took the blood pressure medicine bystolic last year. In the dream I couldn't speak my thoughts and had no control over what I was saying and everyone I tried to explain it to thought I was crazy and took me to a mental hospital. The whole dream felt so real and scary. I couldn't explain what I was happening and was forced to goto a mental institution.

sounds like a good nod to me, in all seriousness when i nod i have very vivid dreams combined with reality and thats what it sounds like to me
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
I think so too, I just haven't had a good nod in a few years and have never experienced anything like that before. I was sketched out the day after it happened. I have a friend was a paranoid schizophrenic and he didn't experience hardly any symptoms until he was 20. I feel terrible for him he all of sudden just went crazy pretty much, experiencing auditory and visual hallucinations and delusions out of no where.

He was all worried about electricity and that satan traveled through electricity and he stopped playing electric guitar only acoustic and he is the best guitar player I have ever met. He is up their with stevie ray vaughn and jimi hendrix. I think he is better than most blues guitar players alive like joe bonamassa. He was definitely the best player I had ever heard or seen and when he turned 20 his life just went crazy he was always kind of autistic and weird about a lot of things but that changed him completely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »
sounds like a good nod to me, in all seriousness when i nod i have very vivid dreams combined with reality and thats what it sounds like to me

Same
this is what I pray for evsry day
that the dope gods will bless me with the ability to see into the junk reality

Id say the 200mg of diphenhydramine was probably to blame
if I go a few weeks, I can take just 100mg of it and get VIVID opiate-style "hallucinations"
"True" hallucinations,  in that I perceive them entirely as real
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline shoybs

• Chronically Relapsing Suboxone Patient
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • shoybs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 31, 2016, 05:16:38 PM
  • In recovery - but I'd blow it for a dilaudid.
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 17, 2016, 01:53:55 PM »
I've experienced this type of thing before (talking to people who aren't there, dry mouth, problems with walking/using hands).

Every time, it was due to taking high doses of either diphenhydramine (benadryl) or dimenhydrinate (dramamine).

If I had to wager a guess, it was likely due to the benadryl you took, plus the flexeril and the methadone. All that combined together could easily explain your reaction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
SHoYBS

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal