dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: CVS lies and sucks!!!!  (Read 29594 times)

Offline SkyHigh

• It's where my demons hide.
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SkyHigh is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 19, 2016, 10:02:31 PM
  • Don't get to close...it's dark inside.
Re: CVS lies and sucks!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 12:20:38 AM »
Would love to hear a follow up..have had many experiences dealing with self righteous pharmacists  (and a few awesome ones as well).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »
She is a middle aged woman originally from India.
[/b]

Opus are we seeing a trend here  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Just playing I thought it was funny given my earlier post about Indians in healthcare
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 02:38:49 AM »
UPDATE:  I plan to do this on Thursday.  I did confirm that the bitch is working that day and my friend is available to do the taping!  I can't wait to see what I can get on tape!

I'm not sure exctly what I will do with the footage.  I haven't called anyone above her in the CVS company because I don't want to give them a 'heads up" that something is amiss.  I really want to make an example of this pharmacist...she needs to be put in her place, but more importantly it needs to be put out there that no one can get away with treating anyone, addict or not, so poorly and in direct conflict with best practice medical treatment and standards.

I think I would approach a news outlet with the footage (if she says this crap again!).  It's time to DEMAND respect and good care from these people.  I want the stigma to stop and I'm ready to do my part!  Wish me luck!

Also, if anyone has any ideas about what I should say or questions I should ask the pharmacist on tape or what to do with incriminating footage, please let me know.  I need all the help I can get!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
Does your prescribing doctor knowabout the pharmacist's refusal? You might want to let him/her know and tell them when you are going in to try to fill it and ask if it is OK to call from the pharmacy to let the doc set her straight.

Also, I wouldn't blame it on CVS as much as the individual pharmacist. My sister as a CPP and would only go to the CVS becaues they would stock brand name opiates per her request.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
A couple thoughts I had about this:

First, as a pharmacist she is within her rights to not fill a script or dispense a drug if it is contrary to his/her professional judgement.

Second, not being a member of the press, recording someone without their knowledge and releasing the footage is illegal in most states. You could be charged criminally and be liable civilly. Your best, and really only legal recourse, would be to complain about her to the corporate office about how rude she was (again, whether or not to dispense a drug is up to her, I doubt cvs has a company policy that their pharmacist must always dispense even if it goes against their professional judgement), but even then I wouldn't expect a whole lot to come of it. I agree with you that it's bullshit, but I think complaining to corporate is really the only legal (and ethical) recourse you have.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »

If you can document (by paper work, not covert video surveillance) the pharmacist's refusal to sell Narcan that would be a good first step.  This would be you requesting to buy Narcan, her refusing, her signing, documenting that she refuses to sell this product.

The next step is a horrible one; there will have to be a situation where someone ODs and is injured, or worse.  The link would be that IF the pharmacist sold Narcan to one of the victim's acquaintances, they could have given the victim a shot of Narcan, and prevented the serious injury or death.

The doctors at the hospital, or coroner/medical examiner would have to confirm that opiate overdose directly lead to the severe health problems, or death of the person in question, and that the pharmacist's actions (SVC as well) could be held liable.

An easier way, would be to contact SVC's customer complaint HotLine, and complain about this pharmacist, or the particular pharmacy.  PullMyHair suggests this.

Depending, SVC may well want to cover their asses, and will either allow you to buy the product online--by passing the particular pharmacist, or ordering that pharmacist to sell this life-saving product.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:16:17 PM by Morfy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Against their professional judgement?

My only thing with that is that it's an opiate antagonist, that DOES NOTHING to non addicted people, and it's only aim and effect is to save the life of a OD victim.

I have no idea WHAT professional judgement would preclude her from dispensing naloxone.

I also THINK that there have been lots of "undercover filming" done, WHILE it MAY BE illegal to show the VIDEO in the media, it MAY NOT be illegal to play the audio, or even type out the sentences she said and have the reporter read them aloud, saying something akin to,

"we were told 'go stick a needle up your ass you junky scum' by the pharmicist at the CVS on blah blah road and whatever street, she is the head pharmacist on staff in the store, and BITCHY MCBITCHFACE has now been reported to several professional agencies, and the national management for CVS"

something like that, IDK, you get the idea. Then you keep the video for backup once this BITCHASS tries to lie and act like she didn't say XYZ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Pullmyhair.

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
Against their professional judgement?

My only thing with that is that it's an opiate antagonist, that DOES NOTHING to non addicted people, and it's only aim and effect is to save the life of a OD victim.

I have no idea WHAT professional judgement would preclude her from dispensing naloxone.

I also THINK that there have been lots of "undercover filming" done, WHILE it MAY BE illegal to show the VIDEO in the media, it MAY NOT be illegal to play the audio, or even type out the sentences she said and have the reporter read them aloud, saying something akin to,

"we were told 'go stick a needle up your ass you junky scum' by the pharmicist at the CVS on blah blah road and whatever street, she is the head pharmacist on staff in the store, and BITCHY MCBITCHFACE has now been reported to several professional agencies, and the national management for CVS"

something like that, IDK, you get the idea. Then you keep the video for backup once this BITCHASS tries to lie and act like she didn't say XYZ.

I'm not saying that I agree with it or that it's right, but it's the same loophole that allows those Christian assholes from selling birth control. 'Professional judgement' is so subjective and open to interpretation that it could be used to refuse to sell pretty much any drug to any person for any reason. Again, it's bullshit, but I'm not really sure there can be anything done about it. (Unless you had shit loads of money for lawyers, and as morphy said, someone who you could prove was directly injured or killed because of this and then set a legal precedent about how that regulation should be interpreted and applied, or change/remove it altogether.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
Recording people without their permission is a big no-no - you don't want to get caught doing that, at least here in CA you don't.

Any pharmacist refusing narcan should be asked if they refuse chemo drugs too (or maybe what if it was their kid who was od'd) whilst being repeatedly kicked in the junk.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »

I'm not saying that I agree with it or that it's right, but it's the same loophole that allows those Christian assholes from selling birth control. 'Professional judgement' is so subjective and open to interpretation that it could be used to refuse to sell pretty much any drug to any person for any reason. Again, it's bullshit, but I'm not really sure there can be anything done about it. (Unless you had shit loads of money for lawyers, and as morphy said, someone who you could prove was directly injured or killed because of this and then set a legal precedent about how that regulation should be interpreted and applied, or change/remove it altogether.)

ahhh...... I was unaware of that loophole. you're right.

although, if undercover filming is illegal, how do they do it when reporters expose shit like wrongdoing/lies/etc? I always thought that if it was in a public setting, it was allowed, but if done in private it's not OK, since in public you no longer have a reasonable expectation of privacy...I dunno, I guess I gotta check the laws and whatnot...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »
I say fuck it and video her anyway. You don't have to upload it to the net or release it until you have all your shit together. Just don't be obvious. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline whiteheat

• Reputation Power: 8
  • whiteheat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 07, 2019, 07:06:35 PM
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »
Same kinda situation here in Ohio, asshole pharmacist refused to sell me needles...I proceeded to ask him questions while filming it on my phone camera..don't think he knew I was filming.. Actually I still have it cops were called because he said I was high on dope!   I was on 80 my methadone that's it.   Anyway after arguing with the police I got the hell out of cvs for good.

But it's your right to film in public don't need a press pass.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
Doesnt there have to be a reasonable expectation you wont be recorded/filmed
For it to be considered "illegal"

As in, someome who goes into any store, ESPECIALLY a pharmacy
is going to be under video surveillance the second you step inside
if not also in the parking lot
And therefore has ZERO expectation of privacy
not even considering the fact they are in public

Too bad Ruth Ginsberg isnt a member here
we could have it answered in a jiff!

Yea yea I know Scalia is on here
but we already have enough nonsense posts
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »
I say fuck it and video her anyway. You don't have to upload it to the net or release it until you have all your shit together. Just don't be obvious. :)

As far as I know it is legal for me to film myself...if bitch gets in the way, oh well!  I just want it as evidence...I may not even release it..though I will post it for you guys!

I know she has the option of not filing prescriptions that go against her professional judgement, but come on...this has NOTHING to do with professional judgement and EVERYTHING to do with stigma and prejudice! If she wants to pick and choose what medications people get, she should go to med school!  If this bitch was denying people insulin because she felt they should lose weight and eat better, this would be all over the news.  People would be outraged and this woman wouldbe public enemy number one!  But, if we are talking about addiction, we let people get away with this shit.  Is it because deep down we don't think we deserve the best possible care.  Until we all demand respect and settle for nothing less, this stuff is going to keep happening!!!  I, for one have had it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Pullmyhair.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
Same kinda situation here in Ohio, asshole pharmacist refused to sell me needles...I proceeded to ask him questions while filming it on my phone camera..don't think he knew I was filming.. Actually I still have it cops were called because he said I was high on dope!   I was on 80 my methadone that's it.   Anyway after arguing with the police I got the hell out of cvs for good.

But it's your right to film in public don't need a press pass.

A business isn't public though. Especially at a pharmacy, there's a reasonable expectation of privacy. Even in public, you have to, in states that are two-party consent states, make the person you're filming or recording aware that you're recording them. In fact, audio recording laws are more stringent than video, recording video with audio has to meet both qualifications to be a legally obtained recording. Just because people do it, doesn't mean it's legal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-The Smiths

Z

« Reply #29 from previous page: November 20, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
I was under the impression that recording is legal as long as at least one of the parties is aware. f. ex. videotaped confession is legal when the confronter is knowingly filming.  Filming two women in a changeroom would be illegal, unless one of the women put the camera there.

I think this varies by case and situation.  Audio recordings are also another domain from video recordings.

It probably also depends on what you want to do with the footage.  Do you want to send it to CVS?  Probably not a problem.  Do you want to file a lawsuit with it?  You might like to consult with an attorney before doing this.  Considering that you would need one anyways, this seems like sound advice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions