dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I'm finally clean-or am I?  (Read 8460 times)

Offline hanna (OP)

• Reputation Power: 4
  • hanna is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 01, 2021, 12:48:57 PM
  • Still trying the educate the illiterate among us
I'm finally clean-or am I?
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
So I think I've written this story before how to use Lyrica to avoid withdrawals.

Let me talk first about my habit. I was doing oxy 20's to the tune of 20-25 of them a day.
I was rx'ed 180/mo. so I had about a 10 day supply. I couldn't help myself with these things. At the end of my binge I would be withdrawing horribly, RLS, PAWS, pukes/shits, sweating and shivering. Ugh.  I hated it. This was about 4 years ago.

Then my Dr. rx'ed me Lyrica to go along with the oxy. I learned quickly that a high dose of Lyrica completely eliminates dope withdrawals. Completely!!!!

So I spent the next 3 years going from binging on my oxys to high doses of Lyrica to eliminate wd's. It worked but there were 2-3 days of transistion from oxy->Lyrica that might be rough.

This last year has been weird. I can binge on the oxy's and just stop cold turkey. I don't even need the Lyrica anymore. I have no wd's. None.

Maybe 10 days isn't long enough to get a habit back but since I was suffering badly when coming off my 10 day binge pre-Lyrica I think I had a bad habit.

There you have it. I can go crazy on oxys and just stop with no ill effects.

I really think my brain is now rewired so when the dope stops it just carries on like normal.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Good lord, I can't wait to retire.

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Re: I'm finally clean-or am I?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
Interesting thought, like, you put yourself through wd so many times ur now immune to it.

Strange....

U said u binge on them, how many, how long, and what's ur ROA?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
you need a super-hero name.  i'm seriously jealous.  seriously weird.

if lyrica really does that then it's a big pharma plot.  with the heat up on pain meds they stand to lose the pillheads entirely.  bingo, a miracle drug that will have us banging on their doors again.  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:07:52 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:04 AM »
Lyrica does the same thing for me too. Just have to have enough for the duration. It's definitely a necessity in my kick-kit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 01:53:16 AM »
Totally agree regarding Lyrica. If I could only have one thing to get through WD, it would be Lyrica.
And its super long legs are an added bonus.

The only down side IMO is how clumsy, dopey and forgetful it makes me. Then again, the first few days of WD, I'm bed bound anyway so its really a no brainer. (pun completely intentded lol)  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline hanna (OP)

• Reputation Power: 4
  • hanna is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 01, 2021, 12:48:57 PM
  • Still trying the educate the illiterate among us
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 12:41:31 PM »
Interesting thought, like, you put yourself through wd so many times ur now immune to it.

Strange....

U said u binge on them, how many, how long, and what's ur ROA?

dizzle, I wonder if that's it? I've done WD so many times it doesn't matter any more.

Because of the high bioavailability I just ate my oxys. Chewed them into tiny fragments of dust. I'd take just 6 a day for a few days (the proper dose) then I'd take 12-15 a day for a few days then I'd just eat them constantly. I'd be pretty messed up once I was doing 15 a day and I'd lose track of what I was taking the last few days. 25/day? IDK. My TA's and students would make little comments about me, I think they knew something was wrong. Maybe they think it's menopause. LOL.

At this point in my life, I don't even have to take Lyrica after my binges to avoid WD. WD just doesn't happen anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Good lord, I can't wait to retire.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
Hanna, that just can't be.

There is no get-out-of-withdrawl free card if you have been using every days for a couple of months, unless you use something like Lyrica. But I'd love to be wrong about this.

LYRICA will cause withdrawals if you use them daily for an extended period, according to what I read. There are lots of them and they sound very unpleasant, often mentioned to be far worse than opiate withdrawal.

I used Phenibut to help taper off Methadone ... Gabapentinoids (and GHB/GBL etc.) are becoming recognised as excellent tools to manage opiate withdrawal.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:49:26 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline FlorAtive

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • FlorAtive is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 07, 2018, 09:01:41 AM
  • You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
I learned about Gabapentin a couple of years ago. My oxy dealer offered me a handful of 300mg gabs when I complained once about nerve damage in my legs which is caused by a long story I don't care to get into at the moment. The point is, my experience is plentiful. I go to my doctor, tell them about my nerve pain and that I've been getting gabapentin from my older friend with diabetes who recommended it for my nerve pain. I would tell the doc it helps tremendously, which is truly did. I just didn't mention that 900mg would get me all sorts of WEIRD and I enjoyed it. Sociable, clumsy, slurred speech, a nice warmth and comfort and blah blah... I loved it. The tolerance built in about a 3 months of taking 3 a day. In no time, I was RX'ed 900mg 3 times a day. So 9 a day gave me 240 a month. Yup.. the math is wrong and I never questioned it. I got a big ass opaque orange pill bottle with 240 300mg gabapentin a month. I abused them heavily.. HEAVILY. I noticed immediately that they helped with withdraws when I couldn't get opiates and these were all I had. I also built 3 extra connections to get an extra 50 per connect each month in case I ran out. So I would just stack up and save them. They were overflowing from every hiding place I had. For a solid 6 months before my recent detox and new found soberness, I was taking a handful of 12-15 every night right as I hit the pillow. I stopped having the ability to ejaculate for all that time and I had sex every day. It actually sucked... obviously. But my lady was happy let me tell ya... During that time, I was injecting Furanylfentanyl. Up to 3 grams a day. I never took a break.. I was lost in addiction. I then had to deal with a bad batch of the crap for a week which was my undoing and had to begin detox... I can say that without taking gabs, and not using heavy opiates prior to my fent use, I would sweat during sleep without the gabs if I ran out, my work days would feel heavier, and I would be a pain in the ass grouch to everyone around me. That was my extent of withdraws from gabs. Sadly I didn't have ANY access to gabs when I began my crazy detox from the mentioned fent binge.. EVERYTHING was taken from me. I was basically locked in a cage and had 2 grams of weed to smoke a day. Gabs would have been a serious cure. Specially at the rate and amount I was taking them.
All in all, my question to you is, do you have this free pass from withdraws because you still take your Lyrica (gabapentin/pregabalin)? That would make sense.
Sorry if my post is 'necroing' or whatever it's called.. new to forums and still working on the rules.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You have one life to live. Live it to the fullest.

Tags: