dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Question on Tussionex? Trouble Locating script  (Read 21221 times)

Offline sk8phaze (OP)

• Junky Deluxe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sk8phaze has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 26, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
  • Sk8phaze
Question on Tussionex? Trouble Locating script
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »
 Well as the title says after kicking in screaming and yelling from just promethazine department is in with codeine and then finally getting the doctor to write me tussionex  but I've called like seven pharmacies, the big name pharmacies,  no one seems to have it in stock and everyone says that it'll take at least a week to order is the stuff still made or should I stop searching or should I search harder because I really want it. I mean 473cc's of liquid hydrocodone, that would be handy to have when i wake up sick and my dope mans "be there in 20 min" turns into 2 hours, it'll provide enough relief until he shows up. Plus I actually do have a really bad cold that just came out of left field about three days ago so now that I am hacking up phlegm I am ready for this.so back to the original question do they still make this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You cant rip out a single  page of your life but you can throw the whole book in the fire. -george sand

We die only once, but for such a long time.
                                 (Unknown)

Offline AllNightLong

• Reputation Power: 15
  • AllNightLong is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 04, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
  • Broke but not sick
Re: Question on Tussionex? Trouble Locating script
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »
My wife is a nurse and I just asked her if they still make this and she said yes. They give it to patients in the hoslital still so maybe try calling a hospital pharmacy and see if they have any.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BamaPainGurl

• I'm one of those regular weird people.
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • BamaPainGurl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 04, 2019, 05:31:48 AM
  • Caught up in a vicious cycle.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:59:40 AM »
Liquid gold as we always called it here. 10 MG per pineapple flavored teaspoon. Had a Dr prescribe me 32 Oz once. No kidding, it was the bottle the pharmacy got from the wholesaler! Man was that a fun week! I know it's expensive but mom and pops usually have some. Good luck!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Yes, they still make Tussionex. 

I got a shit ton of this stuff back in college from the student health center.  Sometimes I'd also go to my sister's doctor and get a script there as well.  I'd take one to Kroger's, one to CVS.  Never had a problem. 

Anyway, it's the best hydrocodone cough syrup on the market.  The only thing better would be hydromorphone in suspension, or also a syrup made from opium tincture.  It's very thick though, like snot.  But it has the BEST flavor IMO.  Pineapple orange.  YUM!  I used to love that shit. 

It's also 10mg hydrocodone polystirex per 5ml.  So 2mg/ml.  Other hydro syrups are either 5mg/ml or 2.5mg/ml. 

Honestly though, what's your dope habit like?  If you have even a moderate tolerance to heroin, or any other strong opiate, hydro will be very disappointing to you.  Sure, it's great when you're new to opiates, but hydro sucks in comparison to heroin, morphine, oxycodone, etc.  It may get you off sick if you drink enough, but it probably won't get you high. 

Also, in addition to hydrocodone, it also contains 8mg chlorpheniramine per 5ml.  Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine, and there is a max daily dosage of that.  I forget what it is though. 

This isn't good HR advice at all, but I've drank an entire 4oz bottle of that stuff on a couple of occasions after I had a tolly to pod tea, and the chlorpheniramine didn't harm me.  Of course everyone's different, so take that with a very small grain of salt. 

I second AllNightLong and suggest you go to a hospital pharmacy.  They'll definitely have it.  It surprises me all the other pharmacies told you it'd take a week to get in if they ordered it.  IME, pharmacies can usually order something and get it in the next day.  Two at the most. 

Good luck, and I hope you find it.  Please be careful though if you drink a lot. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline dysmorphic

• Master of all things Ganja
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • dysmorphic is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 24, 2020, 09:28:55 AM
  • I. LIKE. BIG. BUTTS!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
i loved that shit back in the day. you could get it easy from the ships medical decks when i was in the navy. working flight deck we were always getting cold, wet and sick. that and it was easy to get that or something like it when ever i got a cold. i found out how awesome that kind of stuff could be when i was about 12 years old or so though. plus, no one in my family seemed to know what manner of gold they had on their hands. i would be over at a relatives house for thanks giving or maybe Christmas and there in the fridge is a bottle or two of the stuff {don't get me started on medicine cabinets}. sure it has been there a while but who gives a shit right?! in my waist band or in my sock it went. then when everyone was good and drunk i would sneak out to our car under false pretense and then hide my stash in the trunk somewhere. i have had a few different brands of that cough syrup + opiates deal. the best one i had was something i got for double pneumonia. i dont remember what the name was but i got two bottles, they were blue and they held about 16 ounces per bottle. that was literally a small tspn as directed and off to fucking lalal land. that was well before the rock of fucking Gibraltar that now sits upon the shoulder of the fucking ape that sits upon my back. /heavy sigh.....the good ol' days....im gonna go sock my self in the testicles for a while....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Herpes, its like congress for your dick!
~John Oliver~

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »
Ten bucks says they have a case at every store but dont want to get robbed by some little wayne wannabe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »
Unless you're asking about do they have some penicillin in stock expect the answer to be "no." Just take the scrip in there and have it filled. They're not going to say if they have Tussionex on the shelf.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

monkawat

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
I used to get a fuckload of opiate cough syrups in high school (lots of chronic bronchitis)  But quite frankly- I liked the prometh/codeine much more. I had no opiate tolerance and as a result- even a little hydro made me really nauseated and sick and I couldn't take it. I was, keep in mind, only 16 at the time though.

Plus being a dude from TX that loves him some Screwed up Click (RIP DJ SCREW) and particularly z-ro- I had to always get my doc to go with that one and he'd give me WAY more than he ever would hydro. I used to po' up in high school thinking I was the shit.

FWIW-

It's ALL about actavis. But I certainly liked HI-tech and qualitest if needed.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 01:18:35 AM »
Getcho' ass outa here talkin bout some promeffazine an' codeine!

I stole me a couple 16oz bottles (the stock bottles) that Tussionex comes in back in my previous career. Went home and had a Tussionex on the rocks! Love that orangey-pineapple flavor. They should make a Tussionex-"flavored" soda pop (be nice if it contained the active ingredients too).

Hey is it still C-III? If so, that's gonna be the one I call in (JK).

Nope, it's C-II now. AWww MaN!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:27:49 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline sk8phaze (OP)

• Junky Deluxe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sk8phaze has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 26, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
  • Sk8phaze
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »
Ha!  Thanks for all the comments guys you give me hope that maybe I can find it and by calling seven of the big pharmacies I mean calling seven of the same pharmacy and several locations (cvs) but the hospital idea is money. Plus my free state insurance covered the doc appointment plus this  elusive medication, well in the mean time I always got my dope man as a first safety net, then I just tracked a butyr-fentanyl shipment and its already in town but going thru the dreaded customs processing. Hopefully that's already cleared and will arrive today before i head to school for midterms that im totally not ready for. Then ill stumble my way into a hospital pharmacy and get my yella drank. I was actually shocked when the urgent care doctor agreed to write me a CII opiod drug but I walked outta there with haste once that script was handed to me. Now i gotta try n get 2 hours of sleep for school.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You cant rip out a single  page of your life but you can throw the whole book in the fire. -george sand

We die only once, but for such a long time.
                                 (Unknown)

monkawat

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »
Getcho' ass outa here talkin bout some promeffazine an' codeine!

I stole me a couple 16oz bottles (the stock bottles) that Tussionex comes in back in my previous career. Went home and had a Tussionex on the rocks! Love that orangey-pineapple flavor. They should make a Tussionex-"flavored" soda pop (be nice if it contained the active ingredients too).

Hey is it still C-III? If so, that's gonna be the one I call in (JK).

Nope, it's C-II now. AWww MaN!

Shiiitttt- Prometh/codeine is a C-5 mane. And when you are a kid with zero tolerance to opiates and a weak stomach- you get the best of both worlds- high on drank while the prometh keeps you from upchucking your lunch. Plus its always been a c5 so it's easy as shit to get from a doc and you can get refills if you have chronic bronchitis like I did.

Some Sprite and jolly ranchers, a 4, and a bunch of blunts of some fire- you're in for a good night my friend.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »
Seriously drive to any pharm hand them the script and they will fill it. Stop with the phone crap.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!! No one is going to disclose the narcotics they have on hand.  Calling is a waste of time.  I bet every one of those seven pharmacies you called have it in stock!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
I'll bet Walgreens and CVS both have it . . .  I have a niece (she is an adult) who has it scripted fairly often for chronic bronchitis/severe cough.

We/she lives in a suburban type area and it's definitely carried since she's gotten it at both chains.     But they're not gonna tell you over the phone as the above posters said. 

Promethazine With Codeine was discontinued  (over abuse) in 2014, so the hydrocodone syrup you're trying to get is actually what she was switched to. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

monkawat

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
I'll bet Walgreens and CVS both have it . . .  I have a niece (she is an adult) who has it scripted fairly often for chronic bronchitis/severe cough.

We/she lives in a suburban type area and it's definitely carried since she's gotten it at both chains.     But they're not gonna tell you over the phone as the above posters said. 

Promethazine With Codeine was discontinued  (over abuse) in 2014, so the hydrocodone syrup you're trying to get is actually what she was switched to.

Only actavis's brand was discontinued actually.

Caraco, hi tech, and qualitest still make it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions