dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I'm Sick as a Dog, Let Me Tell You A Little Story About Chefs Love of Music  (Read 102 times)

CHEF

So I'm fucking dope sick, lope isn't even really helping :'( When I get dope sick I like to remember the good times.

Let me tell you a little story...

Picture it 1997, your boy chef was a big quiet dude in high school. I got tortured by my mom and just sort of stopped talking. I was never picked on but only really had one friend in high school. When your 6'1 250lbs, don't talk and lift weights people sort of leave you alone. The worst was lunch, eating alone sucks. :-[

I decided that college was going to be different, I moved down to fl and things were going to change. I was going to talk, smile and make friends, maybe even a pretty girlfriend? I moved To Tampa and three weeks into the first semester things were exactly the same. I spent most of my free time in the gym and was too shy to meet new people. Once again I was eating alone only this time it was three f'ing meals a day.

One night I was sitting outside my dorm by myself of course when a really cute girl said hi and after some small talk asked me if I wanted to go to a party with her Fuck Yes!

If any of you older people remember the dress of the 90's, adidas and cango, "raver" wear, well this girl was your typical cute raver chick. The party she took me to was my first rave. This wasn't rave night at club so and so, it was an underground party in a closed restaurant. There was a Dj set up, lights, smoke machine but with no cops, security or pesky alcohol licenses. 

That night I took my first roll, I can only assume it was real mdma because I knew what ephedrine felt like due to my pre workouts containing mostly ephedrine and caffeine. The roll was pure euphoria no jaw clenching edge just bliss. That night I was able to talk, smile and just be happy, man I miss that shit.

The music was great I soon fell in love with trance, House, Miami bass, fl breaks and even a little drum and bass. I could never get into jungle. I was never a glow stick, pacifier club kid, knew them but just a guy who loved the drugs, the music and friendship that came with it. According to my friends I just hit the scene in its last couple of good years. It really went to shit in the early 2k's. The bros started showing up, the rolls were mostly ephedrine/ caffeine/meth and the cops started busting the parties. People still talk about the 90's Tampa/ Orlando/ Miami rave scene on youtube and music forums.

I actually caught the couple of felonies leaving the last rave I ever went to. The fucking pigs set up a road block down from the party and caught us like flies into a spider's web. Fuck that night sucked! Rolling in jail was not fun.

If I never met that girl my life would be totally different, who knows where I would be? Maybe I'd be a lawyer or cop?

That girl was my first love, her name was Audra. Right before I gave up facebook I found her and she was still beautiful.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:03:02 AM by CHEF »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
hey Chef-

Sorry you are sick, have you considered pst to help the wd's?

What is you doc?

Hope it passes quickly for ya(wd's)!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

CHEF

hey Chef-

Sorry you are sick, have you considered pst to help the wd's?

What is you doc?

Hope it passes quickly for ya(wd's)!!

Thanx wildcat, never tried pst, not sure where I would get them, poppy seed tea right? I'm also staying with my dad so making a big cup of pst might be weird, my doc is oxy but I'm changing over to methadone when I get back to Tampa
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
I used to go to raves in DC, back in the early 90's too. Except it was all acid here back then.  The E showed up in the latter part of the decade.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

CHEF

pretty much the anthem of the scene

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CHEF

I used to go to raves in DC, back in the early 90's too. Except it was all acid here back then.  The E showed up in the latter part of the decade.

I like the dc/ va/ Delaware scene it's got it's own style, not sure how to describe it. Faster?

Fun Fact, Baltimore has or had the highest concentration of std's in the us.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:34:15 AM by CHEF »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Always seemed to be more hippy-ish, lots of dreads and shit. And the music was more of a house type style. Very trancy and earthy.

This is a good illustration. I posted this once on the phile too. A really great set. Performance @ Nation, one of the biggest dance clubs in the city, until they closed it down years ago.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

CHEF

Always seemed to be more hippy-ish, lots of dreads and shit. And the music was more of a house type style. Very trancy and earthy.

This is a good illustration. I posted this once on the phile too. A really great set. Performance @ Nation, one of the biggest dance clubs in the city, until they closed it down years ago.

nice, post anything you like on here, it's going to be a long night. I'm actually thinking about dropping the lope and getting sober this time. Hearing this shit makes me remember a time before I had a habit, freedom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
I remember raves.  I was never a part of any scene like you're talking about.  Mostly smallish events, from a few hundred to maybe 1,500 at the most.  I remember seeing DJ Irene (my fave hard house artist back then) at a rave on a horse farm.  Some rich couple allowed a rave on their land for their two teenage daughters.  That was odd.  Mommy and Daddy were there in semi-formal attire, watching their little "darlings" hug each other as they danced.  They looked very high and out of it, and their hugging looked like they were propping each other up.  What kinda parenting is that?  LOL.  No cops though.  Lots of drugs then.  I remember I was on E, acid, special K, whippits, and weed.  Yummy night.

Anyway, I was only involved in that lifestyle from fall '99 to 2002.  I'm not sure exactly why it died.  I always assumed it was b/c of changing tastes, a greater awareness of E by the general public, etc.  Remember those stupid laws outright banning Vics, pacifiers, and other accessories?  They were basically labeled as paraphernalia around here, maybe other places too. 

Sorry you're in w/d.  I know from your one thread you're trying to kick / get on methadone.  Hopefully you'll have a successful go.  Don't fret if you fail though.  Change is a progress.  Work on your own timetable, and take it slow.  If you're really suffering, I also recommend PST.  Just make sure your seeds are viable (i.e., not washed and useless).  Check out the PST and PPT thread for online seed vendors if you can't find any in stores.  Do NOT use those stupid little McCormick jars in stores.  They're cost-prohibitive and also won't work. 

@ Zoops.  That Sasha and John Digweed set is amazing.  If my memory is correct, I said the same thing when you posted it on the Phile.  I've got that set on my computer.  Love it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
I went to a lot of raves from about 97-03. In SF/oakland  and LA. Good fucking times when pressed pills were legit and Molly was Molly. Lots of k too. Good fucking times man.

Edit- love Sasha and dig weed. Actually saw Sasha in Ibiza in '02.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CHEF

I went to a lot of raves from about 97-03. In SF/oakland  and LA. Good fucking times when pressed pills were legit and Molly was Molly. Lots of k too. Good fucking times man.

Edit- love Sasha and dig weed. Actually saw Sasha in Ibiza in '02.

I'd meet kids who would follow raves like the heads followed the dead. They would always talk about San fran and the west coast like it was paradise or something. I wish they had cameras back then like they do now. I got sober in the early 2ks, cut my hair changed my clothes and threw out all my rave pics, posters n shit. That lasted like 2 months, I could kick myself, I wish I just had one pic from that time.fuck
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CHEF

I remember raves.  I was never a part of any scene like you're talking about.  Mostly smallish events, from a few hundred to maybe 1,500 at the most.  I remember seeing DJ Irene (my fave hard house artist back then) at a rave on a horse farm.  Some rich couple allowed a rave on their land for their two teenage daughters.  That was odd.  Mommy and Daddy were there in semi-formal attire, watching their little "darlings" hug each other as they danced.  They looked very high and out of it, and their hugging looked like they were propping each other up.  What kinda parenting is that?  LOL.  No cops though.  Lots of drugs then.  I remember I was on E, acid, special K, whippits, and weed.  Yummy night.

Anyway, I was only involved in that lifestyle from fall '99 to 2002.  I'm not sure exactly why it died.  I always assumed it was b/c of changing tastes, a greater awareness of E by the general public, etc.  Remember those stupid laws outright banning Vics, pacifiers, and other accessories?  They were basically labeled as paraphernalia around here, maybe other places too. 

Sorry you're in w/d.  I know from your one thread you're trying to kick / get on methadone.  Hopefully you'll have a successful go.  Don't fret if you fail though.  Change is a progress.  Work on your own timetable, and take it slow.  If you're really suffering, I also recommend PST.  Just make sure your seeds are viable (i.e., not washed and useless).  Check out the PST and PPT thread for online seed vendors if you can't find any in stores.  Do NOT use those stupid little McCormick jars in stores.  They're cost-prohibitive and also won't work. 

@ Zoops.  That Sasha and John Digweed set is amazing.  If my memory is correct, I said the same thing when you posted it on the Phile.  I've got that set on my computer.  Love it.

Thanks for the help, I have a month off and I think it's time to just bite the bullet and detox, it's an oxy kick so it will be painful but quick, day 2, my teeth even hurt. 2 better times
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CHEF

News Clip from The Past!!! Fantasy Ranch got raided shortly after this, I was most likely there the night this was filmed.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:53:39 PM by CHEF »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
So I'm fucking dope sick, lope isn't even really helping :'( When I get dope sick I like to remember the good times.

Let me tell you a little story...

Picture it 1997, your boy chef was a big quiet dude in high school. I got tortured by my mom and just sort of stopped talking. I was never picked on but only really had one friend in high school. When your 6'1 250lbs, don't talk and lift weights people sort of leave you alone. The worst was lunch, eating alone sucks. :-[

I decided that college was going to be different, I moved down to fl and things were going to change. I was going to talk, smile and make friends, maybe even a pretty girlfriend? I moved To Tampa and three weeks into the first semester things were exactly the same. I spent most of my free time in the gym and was too shy to meet new people. Once again I was eating alone only this time it was three f'ing meals a day.

One night I was sitting outside my dorm by myself of course when a really cute girl said hi and after some small talk asked me if I wanted to go to a party with her Fuck Yes!

If any of you older people remember the dress of the 90's, adidas and cango, "raver" wear, well this girl was your typical cute raver chick. The party she took me to was my first rave. This wasn't rave night at club so and so, it was an underground party in a closed restaurant. There was a Dj set up, lights, smoke machine but with no cops, security or pesky alcohol licenses. 

That night I took my first roll, I can only assume it was real mdma because I knew what ephedrine felt like due to my pre workouts containing mostly ephedrine and caffeine. The roll was pure euphoria no jaw clenching edge just bliss. That night I was able to talk, smile and just be happy, man I miss that shit.

The music was great I soon fell in love with trance, House, Miami bass, fl breaks and even a little drum and bass. I could never get into jungle. I was never a glow stick, pacifier club kid, knew them but just a guy who loved the drugs, the music and friendship that came with it. According to my friends I just hit the scene in its last couple of good years. It really went to shit in the early 2k's. The bros started showing up, the rolls were mostly ephedrine/ caffeine/meth and the cops started busting the parties. People still talk about the 90's Tampa/ Orlando/ Miami rave scene on youtube and music forums.

I actually caught the couple of felonies leaving the last rave I ever went to. The fucking pigs set up a road block down from the party and caught us like flies into a spider's web. Fuck that night sucked! Rolling in jail was not fun.

If I never met that girl my life would be totally different, who knows where I would be? Maybe I'd be a lawyer or cop?

That girl was my first love, her name was Audra. Right before I gave up facebook I found her and she was still beautiful.

i, myself, get caught up in the synergy of MDMA and 122-128 bpm House 4 bar beats. Fucking bliss in my book.

good choice, sir ... but we're all different, that's the reality ... some people hate dance beats ... IDK

my personal preference is uncensored gay underground progressive house and tribal and funk and Lounge
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:26:17 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer

karma-worthy, in my book. you got it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions