dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Shooting subutex, I should know better but plz lend advice  (Read 19081 times)

Offline Fluffhead (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Fluffhead is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 29, 2021, 02:18:39 AM
  • Our Community Board
Shooting subutex, I should know better but plz lend advice
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
Long time fam, here's the question. I have been prescribed tex and v's for years. I have struggled on & off staying off dope. A few weeks then a slip, sometimes a month or two then slip. Anyway, I have mantained a good relationship w/my doc becuz I always had frozen pee with correct meds in it. So very few " on paper slips".

Well, she added mouthswabs that are about as accurate as the pee. Believe me I got printouts of both, drug tests have really improved their accuracy over recent years. So in an attempt to-not call the dope man, I smoked some weed. It helped me but I knew it would linger the longest of all drugs :( .  Next visit, out comes the cup & swab so I level with her. I've been going there since the last presidential election man, I wrongly thought she saw me as a human not a #.

Anyway she flips, a few weeks later & she says she's kicking me out, with a ween down schedule over 3-4 months. Here's the kicker, I go to the pharmacy and they saw she switched me to subox for the remainder of our relationship?!?

I have begged pleaded, all this about the DEA could pull her liscense. I've got massive migraines w/naloxone. It's all just fucked. Sorry for the rambling. Anyway she says after all my bitching I can get 1 month of tex & gtfo or do subox taper over a few..still chewing on that bcuz this was so unexpected I ain't got much of a backup. So, even if I stay for the subox, she says the "slowness" of the taper will depend on my compliance. Meaning I still have to pee clean regularly just to have a multi-month suboxone taper. Fail=1 month from that moment. So, I'm just a big angry fat kid that wants to get high but can't.  Plus my life's about to get real unstable.

If I choose tex, I can do whatever but there's a finite amount in that bottle then what's out quick..uhh...new doc for 5hun-1k & with IV past they probably only offer subox. Or Jump off real quick & high. If I Choose subox space out over a bit but can't add nothing on the side...ahh fuck So..god yall, I'm sorry..this is So long I feel crazy & thanks for reading all this it's 90% blah blah With a ? At the end. Feel free to chip in with any advice. 

Which is this, I haven't gave her an answe but I think/know I'm gonna get high. My mind has passed the point on no return. With potential consequences to getring high and the stress ofan upcoming detox ...Uggh!!

I normally snort like a half a tex, I know shooting is not advised. I tried shooting a tex the other day, but didn't feel shit. I figured I could catcha little one with that instead of dope & not close doors & fuck shit up. I got a handful of tex left. I wanna catch smthn, I just can't take it anymore.... I wanna get high !!! Is there some method I may Have done wrong etc. I thought I should catch smthn off banging a tex ? Nothin manor but smthn? I didn't feel shit but a lil weird. Caught more from snorting a halfer ?!?

Any ideas bout anything. Sorry so friggin long..My shits Fucked and I need a release but doing dope,weed could fuck shit up maybe even more quickly. My boys been i. The scene for years & claims he gets a nice lil buzz from shooting tex? Is it me, could I have done smthn wrong in prep? Or is he just gettn off psychologically. I've tried drinking and doing N2o it ain't just ain't itchn the scratch. If you read all this, you're awesome. I'm sorry next post will be normal, I'm really fucked in the head right now & you guys are the only people I can talk to about this. So there's the sloppy mess of a post.. Thanks in advance
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: Shooting subutex, I should know better but plz lend advice
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:16:13 PM »
I'm sorry I don't have any advice about shooting the sub, I just switched to subs from long term MMT so I'm still trying to figure this shit out. I do have a question though? When you said you're prescribed Vs w/ your subutex are you talking about vicodin or valium? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:34:45 PM »
if you can get the generic tablets, theres a couple white ones that are perfectly fine to iv. i actually like em better how they dont get all milky or anything.  just make sure you find a pharmacy that has the white ones, cause the orange tabs turn a real neon color that i would never do iv.  i did the white subs for 2 years with no problems, no vein problems or anything.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »
You tested positive for weed and are immediately booted off maninetance? It sounds like your doctor doesn't understand that total abstinence isn't a realistic goal for most people, at least until they don't WANT anything but sobriety, which isn't human nature.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother injecting yours. You only get high if you have a very low opiate tolerance when you do it. Because injection  will put more buprenorhine in your system doing it now may make the detox that much more difficult. I IM'ed subutex for a couple years. 5 major abcesses later I gave that up.

My advice is to go to the SAMHSA website, find your state and start looking for a new doctor. SOme are good some are just using their special license to make more money.

http://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/physician-program-data/treatment-physician-locator
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fluffhead (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Fluffhead is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 29, 2021, 02:18:39 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:55 PM »
V for valium. I had it good for awhile-Tex and vals for a few years. I've popped positive for H like 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years. But this is getting testsd twice a month. It's been awhile since I had failed for anything and was trying hard not to go back to dope even when I could do it with no one else knowing. Well, weed reeaallly helps with craving. When I'm stoned the whole idea of copping & poking myself seems ridiculous. Unfortunately weed is the least harmful but stays the longest.

Yep, when she pulled out the testing stuff I was straight with her. I think she's bi-polar & either borderline on someone's radar & or has so many newbies in line for subs that have to pay a $500 new person fee that she suddenly is kicking OG  people out over bullshit. In the past, I got a wag of the finger & had to come weekly for awhile or go see a counselor etc.

I never fuckn guessed she would boot me over being honest about hey I F'd up & smoked some pot. Yeah, I don't wanna make banging a tex a regular thing. Juist when you know you are gonna fuck up, my mind is made up to do it. Even risking a lot, but my brain will compromise-it made peace with a Slight buzz from the Tex, that would suffice opposed to calling the dope man. I currently avg. snorting a half Tex a day. Shot a whole one the other day for the first time & got nothing..Zero! Is there a buzz at all for people like us when booting it? My boy, was all " obviously it ain't like dope but you'll have a nice lil buzz bro". I didn't feel shit, is it just me or do I already do too much daily.. Anybody been a regular sub user then shot it later on? Did you get anything ? Is there a secret method, I don't know about?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 07:48:11 PM »
Thanks for answering man. I was just hoping you were talking about vic's. I got all warm & fuzzy thinking maybe I could still take oxys here & there if I switched to subutex. Is it even possible to take any full agonist opiates while on bupe maintenance? I know you'd have to take more than usual, but from what I've gathered it's pretty pointless even then.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »
Subutex=buprenorphine
Suboxone=buprenorphine+naloxone

Buprenorphine is of such such a high potency (meaning a low dose)
And binds so completely to your opioid receptors that you cannot use full agonists
the naloxone really doesn't have anything to do with it

If you're going to use buprenorphine replacement, 4mg or less is advisable
it works much more like a full agonist at doses under 2mg

I'd also recommend buying micron (wheel) filters
Size .22
These will filter out almost all fillers
Just because a solution appears clear doesn't mean it is

The Moar You Know
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:42:59 PM by thetalkingasshole »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Z

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 09:13:27 PM »
.22 um actually filters out bacteria and things as well.  After going through one a solution is as close to sterile as we can get in our game.

At first I thought you levelled about the frozen piss and that's why she was kicking you off.  That made sense at least.  Getting kicked off maintenance for smoking pot is so obscenely disgusting that I don't know what to say.  I hope your doctor gets fucked like that at some point in her life.  She certainly deserves it...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 12:36:54 AM »
Have you thought about MMT? I mean it sounds like you haven't been able to stay clean with the subs, and I wasn't able to either they didn't work for me at all and was able to stay clean for the past 2.5 years with done. So you may want to look into it and see if there are any clinics near you that you wouldn't mind going to daily. You may ask them about pot too, cause if they are cool with that, and you know how to keep clean pee then you can get takehomes and still use. Obviously using isn't the best if you are on maintence but squeaky clean isn't an option for us all.

Do the suboxone legitimately give you migraines or is that something you say to get the tex? If you don't get migraines then tell her you want the subs, and try to plan your using around the UA's since you know when they are coming. If they do give you migraines take the tex and start calling all the doc's around your area to see if you can get into one that will prescribe you subutex and that wont charge you for an induction and all of that shit since you are already on it, and have been a long time.

Do you have insurance, I assume you do, since subs are so insanely expensive, so try to find one that takes your insurance and that you can afford to get on to. This is kind of why I got on MMT, I lost my job and insurance and my doc wouldn't prescribe the generic version of subs which was $400 cheaper for that month, and told me to fuck off. Best shit that's happened to me because MMT has been a lifesaver because I don't have cravings at all, and feel normal which never happened on subs ever, I couldn't make it 3 weeks clean despite how much I wanted to be clean.

You should check the MMT clinics in your area as a backup either way to see if any are close to you and taking patients if they aren't get on the waiting list just in case, and if you don't need it when your name comes up just tell them that. If I were you I'd try to half your dose if you can comfortably and save up as many extra as you can to give yourself more time and then schedule your using around your UA's and find an alternate place to go to..

Oh yeah our doctor is a complete dumb asshole, who should be put in prison and have nothing but shitty things happen to them for pulling this kind of shit. What a money grubbing dick seriously wtf is wrong with people, how do these assholes become doctors they should be thrown in the bangkok hilton the second they display any kind of this behavior. I really hope that you can tell this person to shove a pineapple up their ass and go eat a bag of dicks before you get the official boot.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
I was going to write the same thing as Griffen but I've only been on mmt for a minute, so far so good though. It seems like everyone I know on subs still uses on top, I know people do the same on mmt but I really haven't had an uncontrollable desire to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »
Nope you're not missing anything. You  shot 8mg and didnt' catch a buzz right? Sounds about like par for the course.

I used to slam my subutex prescription. I had a cool bupe doc who would write me for 'Tex, for about 18 months, until I requested to be switched to Subox.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline whiteheat

• whiteheat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 07, 2019, 07:06:35 PM
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
Nope you're not missing anything. You  shot 8mg and didnt' catch a buzz right? Sounds about like par for the course.

I used to slam my subutex prescription. I had a cool bupe doc who would write me for 'Tex, for about 18 months, until I requested to be switched to Subox.

Why switch to suboxone? Just to detour shooting?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 09:22:44 PM »
It was because my wife at the time insisted I take Suboxone instead as a condition for returning to the house. She didn't last for too much longer after that, needless to say.

She is still causing problems in my life to this day, even though we divorced 8 years ago.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 11:46:38 PM »
OK, maybe this is a stupid question, but... What benefit is there to being on subutex vs. suboxone? I mean besides the fact that tex can be IV'd. For someone like me who doesn't have any desire to shoot it, is there any other benefit to being on one over the other?   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BRIAN2146

• SA_Chat+
  • BRIAN2146 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 25, 2018, 03:25:40 PM
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 01:29:58 AM »
I'm going to get flamed for this, but you know what the rules are at this particular Doctor, you chose to break them, man up and suffer the consequences when you get caught. The rules might be arbitrary, but you have to realize the envoirment were in concerning opiates. The DEA is tightening the noose on doctors, most of the time when you think the doctor is being unreasonable, it's not their choice how strict they have to be. Why should they risk their license, possibly go to jail and jeopardize the future care of their patients who do follow the rules, all because you feel the rules don't apply to you. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, I wish things were different but the only way that opiates are ever going to lose the stigma they have is if people take responsibility for their actions. I mean, cmon dude you tested positive for H several times in the past, and they jus wagged a finger at you, and now you expect them to do the same. I'm sure this doctor doesn't enjoy riding you so hard, especially since your a long time patient but you have to look at the big picture here, the climate we are in is getting VERY bad. People who love opiates have to be on top of things 5 x better than normal people, make sure all your t's are crossed and your I's are dotted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions