dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Odd Couple Involved In HR  (Read 11149 times)

Offline candy (OP)

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Odd Couple Involved In HR
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
I found this article and I thought it was great to see that there are people out there that do care.

visit http://www.thefix.com/content/harm-reduction%E2%80%99s-odd-couple
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:11:21 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: Odd Couple Involved In HR
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »
I really like how her personal tragedy (the loss of her husband) motivated her to work even harder for HR. 

That older guy, the "fuddy duddy," is kinda funny.  Couldn't find any IV users?  Go to any NA meeting, rehab, or clinic.  Those places probably wouldn't encourage HR, but hell, just hang out by the revolving door.  Sooner or later someone's gonna relapse / leave and need a rig. 

His ideas and will are commendable, but he wasn't too bright when it came to implementing his plan.  Luckily he met Julie.   

Good Samaritan laws DEFINITELY need to be passed in South Carolina.  Some anti-racism laws too.   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline candy (OP)

• Founders
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:00:31 AM »
Sometimes it take a personal tragedy to get people involved. The more people involved in HR, the better.
Yeah, her husband is a bit off, but I do commend them as well for their contribution to HR and wanting to help those who use have access to HR gear.

Most states have the laws, but some are limited to only healthcare professional or first responders and the laws don't apply to just some regular Joe on the street trying to do the right thing. Seems logical to me. Better to have laws that protect all who are willing to help and save lives, than limit it only to someone who has training.

And of course anti-racism laws should be implemented in all states, but I don't see that happening very soon. Seems like things only continue to get worse and that is concerning to me and I know to you and many others here.
I am so sick of the hatred that is spewed by those who refuse to see other human beings as being equal. Color, religion, sexual orientation, it doesn't matter to me as we are all equal.
I would be silly to think that this would be the way all people think...It would be great of course if they did!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »
I completely agree with the anti-racism stuff.  It just blows my mind that the lawmakers in South Carolina had to debate before taking down that damned flag.  They should have taken it down immediately, THEN debated as to whether it went back up.  Uggg. 

I also really don't understand people who claim the Confederate flag isn't racist.  Hell, it was put up in South Carolina in the early 60's a short while after black citizens began protesting for civil rights.  Does anyone truly believe that flag wasn't put up to express white power over black people? 

In a lot of Europe, the Nazi swastika symbol is outlawed.  White skinheads / neo-Nazis use the Confederate flag as a legal substitute.  Completely fucked up IMO.  That flag is nothing but hate.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline candy (OP)

• Founders
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 05:37:16 AM »
It is a sad world we live in when we have lawmakers debating on whether or not a flag, that represents hate and oppression, should be taken down or not.

But this is the world we live in and it can be quite an ugly world at that.

What we do need in this world is more people who are wiling to go out there and advocate for those that don't have a voice.
Like this couple who are involved in HR and this site here we are building.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
I agree.  Like that lady who climbed up the flag poll to take down the flag, that couple in the article are very brave for putting themselves out there for something they passionately believe.

You, Chipper, and Nick are also very brave for starting this new HR site.  It must take tremendous courage to start something new like this.  Kudos to you guys.   :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: