dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Mafia's message to ISIS  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Wildcat (OP)

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
Mafia's message to ISIS
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

Mafia to ISIS: "You mess with me, I'll mess with you back!"

Postby El Presidente » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:08 am

Not sure how baseball bats and brass knux will stand up against suicide belts, but feel safer, New Yorkers:

https://www.rt.com/usa/323032-mafia-isi ... g-gambino/

The son of a New York mob boss has given Islamic State a stark warning, saying if they are planning any attacks in New York, they will have to contend with the Sicilian mafia. The notorious crime syndicate say they want to do their bit to protect locals.
Trends
Islamic State
Giovanni Gambino, the son of a key figure in the Gambino mob organization, says the mafia is in a much better position than security bodies, such as the FBI or Homeland Security, to give New Yorkers the protection they need.

“They often act too late, or fail to see a complete picture of what's happening due to a lack of ‘human intelligence,’” he said in an interview with NBC News, as cited by Reuters, adding that the mafia’s knowledge of individual movements and interaction with locals gives it the upper hand, even compared to the latest surveillance technologies.

Gambino, who is trying to carve out a career as a Hollywood screenwriter, says that, following the horrendous terror attacks in Paris on November 13, protection is more important than ever.

"The world is dangerous today, but people living in New York neighborhoods with Sicilian connections should feel safe," he said. "We make sure our friends and families are protected from extremists and terrorists, especially the brutal, psychopathic organization that calls itself the Islamic State,”

Gambino Jr, who was brought up in Torretta, a mountainous area overlooking Palermo, the capital of Sicily, says that Islamic State (formerly ISIS/ISIL) fear the Sicilian mafia, and this has been one of the main reasons why they have not tried to set up any underground cells in Sicily.
The Italian island has not suffered from any terrorist attacks and Gambino feels that the mafia can offer protection in New York to help curb the rise of the Islamist terror group and help people see the mob in a new light.

"The mafia has a bad reputation, but much of that's undeserved," says Gambino, who moved to Brooklyn in 1988. "As with everything in life, there are good, bad and ugly parts – the rise of global terrorism gives the mafia a chance to show its good side."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Mafia's message to ISIS
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »
Another group who doesn't get it.

What Da'esh wants IS retaliation. In their minds the BEST thing we could do is to retaliate and to hate -- that's their stated goal.

Pieces like the above simply play into their mentality. Did the author of that think they were really gonna accomplish anything?

Lame.

Again: retaliation and the further promotion of Islamic hatred leading to violence IS WHAT THEY WANT.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that article was reprinted in their magazine and used as Da'esh propaganda, in other words, THEY WIN AGAIN.

This is a different fight, and we'd better come together with some strategy quick; cos what they're trying to do (invoke the world into jihad against Islam) is working.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Z

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »
Who would have guessed that the mafia gets involved with the protection game.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

What Da'esh wants IS retaliation. In their minds the BEST thing we could do is to retaliate and to hate -- that's their stated goal.

Pieces like the above simply play into their mentality. Did the author of that think they were really gonna accomplish anything?

Lame.

Again: retaliation and the further promotion of Islamic hatred leading to violence IS WHAT THEY WANT.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that article was reprinted in their magazine and used as Da'esh propaganda, in other words, THEY WIN AGAIN.

This is a different fight, and we'd better come together with some strategy quick; cos what they're trying to do (invoke the world into jihad against Islam) is working.

He is right about this
We play right into there hands
When we group Islam into these twisted fucks.

It's like saying Westburro Baptist church  represents Christianity.
Two different beasts altogether.
Fox news wants you to think there the same. No?¿
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 06:19:32 AM »

Lame.

I agree with you, but it seems like this buying was speaking mire in terms of prevention than retaliation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »

Lame.

I agree with you, but it seems like this buying was speaking mire in terms of prevention than retaliation.

So the Gambino Family thinks they can dissuade ISIS from attacking NYC by issuing threats? (that's what I got from reading the article) -- I think that's ignorant and just flat silly. These people WANT to die for their cause, they think it's the best thing that could happen to them in this life. Ignoring them is the thing to do, not so much threatening them, IMO anyway.

I have a kind of funny story about a Gambino who tried to get involved with a photo lab I was running in Hollywood Beach FL in the 90s. Dude walks in one day and drops a card and his name. "So whatcha tryin' ta do heah?"

Us: 'Umm, sell pictures of tourists to tourists."
Him: "Well maybe we can help ya out, I got some friends.."
Us: "Erm... ok dude. We're gonna go back to work now, k?"

One of my crackhead friend's boss was down in S. FL to get away from his mob buddies up in NYC -- dude had biceps like light-poles, and he probably weighed north of 300lbs - dude was HUGE, you can probably guess what he claimed (the very little that he talked about it) that he did for his NYC ppl. Anyway I had this Gambino cat checked out for my boss through this guy (my friend's boss), and he was def. legit, but it came back like he'd been ostracized from NY, really didn't hold a lot of clout there, and so was trying to set some shit up down in FL I guess, looking for businesses to rape. My boss was NERVOUS AS FUCK about it, but she felt a little better after the check came back pretty much "don't worry about that guy, he's got the name but that's it; let us know if he fucks with you anymore at all."

Sometimes it's good to have shady friends, even if they are monster crack-heads.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
The message I got was that the mafia has better human intel than the alphabet agencies, and also have a vested interest in keeping their neighborhoods free of terrorist attacks. The article is short and basically cites 4 sentences from another interview, I wouldn't be surprised if the quotes were cherry picked by the author, and not exactly the message bambino intended. Maybe if I finish my work early I'll look for the original reuters interview.

I have a hard time taking anything rt.com posts seriously, as they essentially serve as putin's mouthpiece to the American public. However, it can provide a unique perspective, and I think the article is interesting enough to comment on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat (OP)

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 05:16:25 PM »
These "ISIS" people really befuddle me though, remember back in June or July they beheaded two women-they were charged with SORCERY and WITCHCRAFT-
this is the mind-set of these looney, dangerous fuckers!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 03:44:30 AM »
These "ISIS" people really befuddle me though, remember back in June or July they beheaded two women-they were charged with SORCERY and WITCHCRAFT-

Saudi Arabia does the same shit to "sorcerors". It would be Lulzy if ppl didn't actually die
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dhedmo

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 04:19:53 AM »

Graeme Wood (contributing editor at The Atlantic and the Edward R. Murrow Press Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations) wrote the following in his extraordinary article, "What ISIS Really Wants" in March:

"In fact, much of what the group does looks nonsensical except in light of a sincere, carefully considered commitment to returning civilization to a seventh-century legal environment, and ultimately to bringing about the apocalypse.

The most-articulate spokesmen for that position are the Islamic State’s officials and supporters themselves. They refer derisively to “moderns.” In conversation, they insist that they will not—cannot—waver from governing precepts that were embedded in Islam by the Prophet Muhammad and his earliest followers. They often speak in codes and allusions that sound odd or old-fashioned to non-Muslims, but refer to specific traditions and texts of early Islam.

To take one example: In September [2014], Sheikh Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, the Islamic State’s chief spokesman, called on Muslims in Western countries such as France and Canada to find an infidel and “smash his head with a rock,” poison him, run him over with a car, or “destroy his crops.” To Western ears, the biblical-sounding punishments—the stoning and crop destruction—juxtaposed strangely with his more modern-sounding call to vehicular homicide. (As if to show that he could terrorize by imagery alone, Adnani also referred to Secretary of State John Kerry as an “uncircumcised geezer.”)

But Adnani was not merely talking trash. His speech was laced with theological and legal discussion, and his exhortation to attack crops directly echoed orders from Muhammad to leave well water and crops alone—unless the armies of Islam were in a defensive position, in which case Muslims in the lands of kuffar, or infidels, should be unmerciful, and poison away.

The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic. Yes, it has attracted psychopaths and adventure seekers, drawn largely from the disaffected populations of the Middle East and Europe. But the religion preached by its most ardent followers derives from coherent and even learned interpretations of Islam."

Graeme later adds:

"Denying the holiness of the Koran or the prophecies of Muhammad is straightforward apostasy. But Zarqawi and the state he spawned take the position that many other acts can remove a Muslim from Islam. These include, in certain cases, selling alcohol or drugs, wearing Western clothes or shaving one’s beard, voting in an election—even for a Muslim candidate—and being lax about calling other people apostates. Being a Shiite, as most Iraqi Arabs are, meets the standard as well, because the Islamic State regards Shiism as innovation, and to innovate on the Koran is to deny its initial perfection. (The Islamic State claims that common Shiite practices, such as worship at the graves of imams and public self-flagellation, have no basis in the Koran or in the example of the Prophet.) That means roughly 200 million Shia are marked for death. So too are the heads of state of every Muslim country, who have elevated man-made law above Sharia by running for office or enforcing laws not made by God.

Following takfiri doctrine, the Islamic State is committed to purifying the world by killing vast numbers of people. The lack of objective reporting from its territory makes the true extent of the slaughter unknowable, but social-media posts from the region suggest that individual executions happen more or less continually, and mass executions every few weeks. Muslim “apostates” are the most common victims. Exempted from automatic execution, it appears, are Christians who do not resist their new government. Baghdadi permits them to live, as long as they pay a special tax, known as the jizya, and acknowledge their subjugation. The Koranic authority for this practice is not in dispute."

The full article can be found here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

I've posted it before but if one more person reads this article, it's worth posting again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »
The message I got was that the mafia has better human intel than the alphabet agencies, and also have a vested interest in keeping their neighborhoods free of terrorist attacks.

Honestly, for all intents and purposes I believe these two statements deserve greater scrutiny.  To claim that the Mafia, which in the USA has been reduced to a sort of a street gang largely due to the efforts of three letter agencies, has better intelligence than these agencies, doesn't make sense.  If the mafia's intelligence was better they wouldn't have had their organizational power and influence decimated throughout the 80s+90s. 

Also, terrorist attacks would be very beneficial to the Mafia in particular.  The few labor rackets they still run are in garbage/sanitation+concrete and cement.  So the cleanup contracts from a particularly damaging attack would be fiscally beneficial to them, in addition to any other way they could spin their efforts as charitable and ignoble efforts.  The yakuza in Japan following their Nuclear reaction earthquake disaster did just this.  So criminal enterprises have a lot to gain from disorder. 

I think that this is an organization on it's last legs in a city where it was once influential and the feature, rather than sideshow, to it's history.  This empty statement from the Gambino's is a cry for people to still offer their organization any consideration in their thoughts or memories.

I don't really understand how the Gambino's could "thwart" an attack, especially after having made their intentions public.  They aren't a paramilitary force
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions