dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Housemate split and left a dirty-ass room and BEDBUGS!  (Read 33018 times)

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Housemate split and left a dirty-ass room and BEDBUGS!
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:20:52 AM »
Hey y'all.

I need to vent a bit. So some background first.

I've been renting the basement room in a townhouse from a very nice Hispanic family (husband, wife and their four year old son and the man's auntie who also lives in her own bedroom).

The extra bedroom upstairs had been rented by a young man from Sierra Leone (Africa) for the past almost exactly year. Until a few days ago on Friday when he told the lady that he'd be moving out by the first of September, which is tomorrow. Only thing is, he was away when he called her and told her that, and asked if she could clean out his filthy dirty nasty room and move out all his furniture (which was a nightstand, mattress and box spring) and a bunch of trash that he was collecting in there.

So last night, as I was napping, the lady called me and asked if I could help move out the mattress from his room. This was the first I had heard that the guy was moving out. She said, "hey and I found this bottle of bedbug spray in his room. That's what I have been smelling for the past few weeks." Stuff smells like some kind of muscle ache rub or something like Ben-Gay or the like.

And I was like "oh yeah he mentioned something about how he thought he might have brought home some bedbugs from spending the night at his brother's house a month or so ago. So I moved the mattress down the stairs, and the boxspring set too. She gave me a tasty frozen pizza, two cokes and an ice cream sandwich for my trouble, which was appreciated heartily, as I am a bit tight on funds ATM.

So this afternoon, she asked me again if I could help her to pull up the carpet in his room and also told me that this morning when she went in there, that there were dozens of small little bugs crawling on the wall, and that when she crushed them with a napkin, that blood came out. I saw one of the dead ones on the wall and identified it as Cimex adjunctus , or the common bed bug endemic to the Eastern United States (I had to look up the scientific name but I like to sound cool like that).

Since I had been on a mission up into NW DC earlier in the afternoon to score some dope, I was already itchin like a mugg, and this shit sent that through the roof! Just thinkin about it makes my skin crawl!

--o.k. my computer is doing that annoying thing where it's lagging waay behind what I'm typing so I'm gonna post this then "modify" the rest hopefully that solves the problem. Bear with me people--

So anyway, yeah that fixed the problem.

So since she didn't have his number and I did, she asked me if I could send this guy a text and inform him that she'd have to keep his $100 security deposit because of the clean up required. We pulled up the carpet in that room, she bagged up all this guy's clothes and stacked it in the closet. Talk about having no damn class. Where they do that at? Calling your landlady and telling her "please bag up all my shit and take out my furniture?" WTF is this guy thinkin?

Anyway, after I send him a text explaining that we found bedbugs in his room, he calls me back hot as a motherfucker saying "you need ta stay da fuck out my business, slim!" and I was like first of all she asked me to come up here and help her to move all the shit out your room, and then she asked me what I thought all those bugs were. I told her it was a bed bug. Everybody knows what a bedbug looks like. So, I ain't "snitchin" on you or anything like that, homie. And I did mention to her that you had said something about being afraid you had brought home bedbugs from your brother's place a few weeks ago, and besides you had a can of bedbug spray sitting right there on your windowsill, so it aint like I gave her a bunch of secret info or anything, bro.

This fucking guy is a piece of fuckin work. Same guy who routinely accused me of stealing cans of his beer just about every time he'd get drunk as shit. It was getting super-old. And he had apparently been spilling beer on the carpet in this room for it seems quite a while too. The carpet needed to go anyway, because it was super-nasty and smelled like fucking shit too. Still was wet.

If this lady tells her hotheaded Latino husband he's gonna go completely mental and probably try to do something to this guy.  So for the time being we're gonna keep him out of the loop vis-à-vis bedbugs and shit, but if this dude comes by and starts static with me, we might need to bring the husband into it too, because I don't want to hurt this skinny little malnourished butthole (he is about 6 foot and not a gram over 130 pounds probably a bit less actually). Thinks he is a certified "gangsta." 

Fuckin clown if you ask me. I feel bad for him because he just got fired from his job at Home Goods (which is a chain furniture, knickknack and assorted bullshit selling store for all those who don't live in areas where they are around) for spraying some cologne on himself then putting the bottle or can back on the shelf. They saw him do that and fired his ass for it, according to him. But I don't quite believe that's how it happened exactly to be honest.

I mean, you gotta be a bit off your rocker to carry it like that - calling your landlady and asking her to bag up all your shit, clean out your room, and THEN copping attitude when your other housemate tells you that she's gonna keep your security deposit for bedbugs. He says, "send me a picture, I don't believe it." Poor little non-English speaking auntie was all like "que asqueroso este cuarto" (how filthy this room).

So that's my afternoon so far. Hopefully this dumbass don't show up tonight and make a scene. I had a nice opiated dope buzz goin on too...damn. Just. Damn.
C'mon. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:47:19 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline razor girl

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • razor girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 10, 2015, 05:42:32 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Housemate split and left a dirty-ass room and BEDBUGS!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:21:15 AM »
The worst part of that story is the fuking bedbugs.  Do everything possible to make sure you don't bring into your crib, once you got them, it takes serious $$$$ to get rid of them, I actually had to have two of them come over to finally finish the job but I was lucky, the building I lived in paid for it.  They suck, at the worst I had hundreds of bites.  Too bad ol Jonny ran off with the Opiophile archives I had a thread on there about them with 50 or 70 replies, lots of good experience and ways to get rid of them or minimize the damage.
Take the clothes you wore in his room, put them in a hefty bag and keep them separate from everything else and wash the hell out them, wash them twice.  Check under your mattress a couple times a day, that's the main place they congregate.  G'luck bro, I wish you better luck than I had.  You ought to turn the psycho Hispanic landlord loose on the guy for that alone, not to mention all the other shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Paups, Than, Chemboy, Eon, Poonwalla, Southern Belle, Dr. McKay, LA Lifer, Entropy, Antigonemuse, Catmouth, Gold 'n Diemonds, Inspektah Dek, Goagirl and all the others taken far too soon.

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:35:12 AM »
¡Putas malditas chinches! Ya voy a lavar mis ropas ahorita. (damn fucking bedbugs!, I'm going now to wash my clothes)

Good thing I have a few extra $$ atm to wash clothes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
The last apartment complex I lived in had bedbugs and all they did was spray twice a year for them and didn't care about them. I basically had to get rid of everything I owned I washed my blanket 3 times on hot with 4x the amount of bleach and detergent that anyone should ever use on each cycle and then put it through the dryer twice just to see them still alive and crawling on it when I pulled it out after all that.

Theres nothing you can do almost besides just burning the place down to get rid of them. I had bites and everything, I bug bombed my room once or twice a week killed every single one I saw used a plastic anti-bed bug liner and sheets so they can't get into the mattress or out and I would still find them crawling on the bed every time I came home it was awful. I threw away all my clothes and bags and shoes they were In everything my stuff was in a storage unit in trash bags for 2 months and when I got it out I found bugs and eggs still on them so I just trashed them
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:54:25 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:36:43 PM »
Zoops, you ought to take the bed-bugs very seriously.

you don't want them to migrate and suss out a way to get a pest guy in to eradicate them.

be vigilant.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »
Griffin, what a huge fucking nightmare.

I make my point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »
OMFG. I'm scared because I can't afford to throw out all my clothes. What'll I wear? I was reading about them on Wiki and it says that they can live for months without feeding, so unlike with lice, where you can seal up clothes in a plastic bag and leave it for 10 days or so, that won't fly with bedbugs. But, it says a clothes dryer at 115F for ten minutes will kill them all, or a freezer for a length of time (I forget how long) will kill 'em too.

Well, I'm all the way downstairs and this guy's room is/was two floors up. I haven't actually seen any of these critters yet, but the lady said she saw them crawling on the wall and crushed a couple of them to see blood coming out.

And they are going to make his room the room for their 4 year old boy now. Up until now, the boy was sleeping on a little futon thingy in the parent's bedroom with mom and dad at night. They were painting in the now-vacant room when I went down to the Laundromat to do some much needed laundry earlier this evening (it's 3am now - like I said before in another thread, I can't sleep to save my life when I'm on dope).

Why's it gotta be the African immigrant bringing this stuff into the house and then suddenly dipping out? How come it's like that? Why why why? I don't want to think that way! I don't like to have those thoughts. But damn I can't help it.

And this dope has me all itchy too, so I can't tell if I'm itching from dope or bedbug bites. It's screwing up my high.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:03:50 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »
man I pity the small child being introduced to that room.

might you speak up ? the landlord needs to be reminded, perhaps ?

that poor boy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
What am I going to say, "hey you can't put your son in that room he'll get bit up like crazy?" I guess that's all I could say, right?

yeah I'll mention it to her, but I think the whole house might be fixin to end up just like that little boy. I think if he understood what he was going to move into, he'd cry. All alone in there at night with those damn blood sucking parasites.

You think having lots of narcotics and other shit in your system might kill them? Or maybe I should just eat one of those advantix pet flea and tick remover tablets that poisons the bugs that drink the pet's blood?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
I think nothing will stop them except caps on your bed's legs - they are how ant-caps work on your foundations for termite control.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
keep an eye on the kid and warn his folks.

I know you got this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »
Zoops, I  lived in a place that I later realized was infested and this is the problem with bedbugs.  Whenever you spray/heat treat one area of the house, or even the entire house, they migrate to the walls.  They like cool and dark places.  So, spraying doesn't get rid of them.  The only way to really get rid of them is to throw away( or use a steam cleaner on your possessions) EVERYTHING (minus clothes; I will explain this in a second) in the ENTIRE house, then get a professional to go through the entire house making sure he gets in between the walls etc.  If you don't throw away everything in the house and then get an exterminator to go through the ENTIRE property, they will migrate to different areas and just come back once the chemicals wear off.

After you move out, you NEED to do the following or else you will bring the bedbugs to wherever you move;

Clothes don't need to be thrown away, because heat kills them, so just throw them in a dryer and make them very very very very hot etc.  However, your mattress cannot be saved.  All other furniture will need to be steam cleaned and very meticulously, in every crevice and nook and cranny.  Books and whatnot can be saved; but need to be put in a plastic bag, left out in the heat for a few months, then kept in taped sealed plastic garbage bags for close to a full year.  Everything you cannot treat or expose to heat via steam cleaners needs to be thrown away. 

This happened to me and my girl when my stupidity and habit had robbed us of all our money; it was terrible timing and made us go fucking crazy, like THE WORST timing and was the icing on the shitstorm cake.  Getting new furniture and dealing with the problem took a vigilant 2 months solid and cost us nearly $2,000 (without counting needing to move out early and get a new place'/lease). 

Sorry bud, but keep in mind that everything you leave in your basement apartment and then bring to someone else's place (like backpack and even your clothes) can actually cause the fuckers to infest the new place your visiting, so be careful.  This is why bedbugs are a huge problem, and it's safe to say that often they are transmitted when people stay at hotels and motels because they can be carried through luggage and backpacks.  Don't believe me? http://bedbugregistry.com/

"advantix pet flea and tick remover tablets that poisons the bugs that drink the pet's blood?"
-Advantix doesn't kill them, you need special bedbug chemical like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

!!!!!!!!!

Haha, fuck

Anyways.  After nearly 3 grand, and a bunch of new shit, and heartache, me and my girl can safely sing "We're Stronger than tha Buggggs!" and haven't seen them since, but, yeah unless you move and get new shit they aint going no where.  (We're strnger than the stoooormmm!)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:56:56 PM by _Enduser »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Z

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:11 PM »
A few years back I moved into a place that was in a bad state.  There were two floors.  The basement was the former main bedroom, but we put our son down there.  The plan was to move the second in there when he was older (he was 1 at the time.)

We moved in, ate our obligatory post move pizza, and put our son to bed.  15 minutes later there were blood curdling screams and a kid sprinting up the stairs.

He had bites all over.  ALL over.  Hundreds.  He said when he played down they swarmed him.  I consulted the internet, and the internet said to put a piece of white paper on the ground turn off the lights, and come back in ten minutes.  The result was so many fleas you could barely see the paper.  I turned off the lights and looked around with a flashlight and you could see them jumping.

Maybe it wasn't fleas, but that is what I called them.  I know it cost about 3 grand for the landlord to treat them all.  He tried to say it was my cat, but one cat isn't the migratory vessel for a million fleas without being Noah's fucking ark.  I can see the cat that conversation evoked with a halo of fleas constantly jumping and buzzing around the poor guy just to make room for them all.

It took months to get rid of it all.  3 treatments with bombs and liquids and other generally disgusting things that aren't recommended around young kids.

Okay, maybe not bed bugs, but please don't let her put the kid in there.  My oldest is still afraid of the dark because of all of that.  It was months he was sleeping in my bed and refusing to go in his room.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:12:45 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »
Bed bug bites look and feel a lot like poison ivy, but they usually appear in straight lines
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline hanna

• Reputation Power: 4
  • hanna is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 01, 2021, 12:48:57 PM
  • Still trying the educate the illiterate among us
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
You generally can't rid of bedbugs in a wood frame structure without tenting the house ala Breaking Bad.

I should know, I had two rental properties that got bedbugs because I don't think the management company vetted the tenants properly.

Zoops, think of this

Sierra Leone, a year ago. Ebola was in full flame mode. It's a good thing buddy only brought in bedbugs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Good lord, I can't wait to retire.

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal