dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: motorsickles  (Read 5701 times)

Offline MoeMentim (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
motorsickles
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:04:16 AM »
  i'm 46 & have only been without a bike for 2 years since i was 18, had to do with a girl & the time would have better spent with a bike.  present ride is a Kawasaki ZRX1200, shelved for the winter :(.  i have a few other project bikes back in nevada, a couple kawasaki triple cylinder 2 strokes from the 70's, a little 75 suzuki T125 2 cylinder 2 stroke that weighs about 180lbs, (211lbs stock) & a norton commando that's never gone 50 miles without a problem, usually it sets it's wires on fire.

Haven't been on a track for ten years but here's a pic of a tire after a nice track day.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: motorsickles
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:17 AM »
Kawasaki 750 cc triple 2 strokes ? i remember they used to fly.

i used to ride but now i am too scared in traffic.

love trail biking, LOVE it !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:24 PM »
Back in 2005 I went through my motorcycle phase. All my guy friends had them and I got to ride on the back all the time since the bikes were too big for me to drive, but I tried. It was a fun time. Still got the burn scars on my leg from them. I was also drinking a lot. Down the shore I even rolled off the back of the bike at a red light lol. Thank goodness I had my helmet on and no cops were around. Got pulled over once cuz the asshole's bike I was on was drunk. Such a stupid move, I should be dead. I was so angry I sobered up and the dude got arrested and they took his bike. They felt bad for me and let me walk home. haha
I love bikes though, great gas mileage too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Der Alte Krieger

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Der Alte Krieger is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 29, 2020, 03:38:00 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
I went through a bike phase, had a bunch of lil Honda 50s and a pushrod 90. When I got older I had a bunch of jap bikes, I built a café racer on a Yamaha RD350 that was a lot of fun. I had a couple 650s and a shaft drive 750 that were fun.

I enjoyed rebuilding bikes and going riding but my drinking got pretty heavy and I had a couple wrecks that got my attention and I kind of lost my enthusiasm for bikes.

My Gf is after me to build her a trike from a VW so there may be a bike in my future
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
Hey DAK, I learnt to ride on a Honda 50, I had a Yamaha RD250 and that range of bikes had a significant power band.

I started on a Honda SL125, then the Yamaha and I finally built a cafe racer type thing too with my Suzuki T350 that I took to the drag strip.

My fondest times were spent off-road when on LSD and pot.

The first time I moved to a full face helmet was just prior to an accident I had as a pillion passenger, with my face hitting the road - my rider and I got hit by a car at some speed but we were ok (not his fault).

I've fallen off a few times in the bloody rain - it rains a lot in NZ.

One of my biggest regrets is not having spent more time riding MXs etc. off road but I still hold a valid riders license.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:22:09 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 02:22:28 AM »
I have kind of a history with bikes. Not like an insane history but  enough so that they will always have an impact On me. I bought my first bike at like 17 or 18 and learned all I could. It was a GS550 (I think, I'm not 100%) I got hired at a bike shop around the same time and started helping the boss at the track. I fell in love with racing and the environment surrounding it. I started racing in 2006 and did okay in the novice classes I raced in. I rode a few different EX500s in the "battle of the Twins lightweight" class and did alright there. I also had the pleasure to race a 1999 Honda RS250 gp machine. Now bike guys,I know a lot of you want to tell me that I'm wrong and that Aprillia made the RS250. Well yes they did also, but believe me Honda built a track only factory race bike, the RS250. It was Hondas version of Yamaha's TZ250. I wasn't able to campaign that bike for any real length of time because of the ridiculously intense maintenance schedule that it was built to use. Racing was expensive enough withou having to rebuild a top end every 15 hours (or something aprx. to that) I sold that and picked up on more EX500 track bike but stopped racing pretty soon after as I pulled a huge fuck up and married my exwife. Lol get it EX500 to EXwife? The 500s were a fuck ton funer to ride. I then went on about a five year bike break while married. Not to long before my divorce I picked up a GSXR750 but sold it before I got to get on the track with it.
For you bike guys you should do a little reading on willow springs. Fun fact that a lap time of 1 minute 30 seconds is an average lap speed of 100 mph. On the ex500 I got down into the low 1:37s or high 36s I don't recal. But either way that's pretty damn good for one of those gutless twins.

Anyway. Now that we are clean, we might be able to put some money away to get something like another bike. I've always really liked the fit of newer R6s.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline sektorgaz

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • sektorgaz is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 11, 2022, 07:38:28 AM
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
Damn we have a lot of riders ;)

I started on a 50cc moped during my probation days to kill the boredom, then got addicted to riding... Had 82 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim with inline-4 as the first "real bike" and now a Shadow Sabre, which fits me the best. I pretty much ride year 'round in the NE US when the temp is above 40 or so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:06 AM »
posted this in a small out of the way moto forum i frequent & remembered this thread (the rex is my bike)...

dealing with gremlins in my new $2k 02 vw golf and nursing a few little fractures in my foot. was pushing the rex in the parking lot & dropped it. had a few beverages (wasn't riding) so my thinking was quick and i threw myself under it. rex is fine, so no worries. did it 12 days ago & i've been walking without crutches or the boot the last 4 days. aleve & ibuprophen by the handfull.

the golf - first thing i did was fix a major exhaust leak by wrapping the shittiest weld i've ever seen with some of that tape stuff. cat had been replaced (with a used one) without pulling the pipe, i couldn't have gotten a good weld on it either. ran great until i did that, first day to work it started gagging up a hill at 4k rpm, blew huge clouds of white smoke and flashed the engine light which i'm told means a misfire. i limped the frontage roads & got to work & back home. exhaust leak was back after that so i peeled the tape off since it stunk all the time anyhow. gentle experimenting with rpm & load had it running fine again. leak was pre-cat so the car diagnosed itself, cat plugged.

luck was with me and three of the 4 flange nuts had to come off with vise-grips & the fourth, the only one that i couldn't get grips to came off with a wrench. it ran great after that, took it to work monday, no problems. got on it up the hills & she didn't complain so i started telling her how much i really dug her, that she was easy on the eyes, handled very nice and wasn't too quick but that's a good thing... was starting to think of names as is my habit with vehicles i fall for. got home from work & she won't let me take the key out of the ignition nor will she let me turn the key off. i'm not sure which way to take this. is she now needy? angry? overly talkative? crazy? -my hypothesis based on experience.

i'm taking the rex tomorrow and every day until the golf learns her place or i neatly pass her on to the next unsuspecting guy. honestly, i probably shouldn't have been talking to her in that way in the first place. it's not like she'd ever compare my main gal nor were my intentions like that that when i met her. best she could hope for would be an occasional rainy day diversion. probably she deserves a better guy than me anyhow. someone who only needs one modest significant partner/other'

i'm not a bad guy, right? you folks understand. i'm gonna go tell the bike how much i love her tomorrow morning.

edit: and i'm going to spank her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal