dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: IM Testosterone Questions  (Read 15450 times)

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: IM Testosterone Questions
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 24, 2016, 12:18:14 AM »
I appreciate the concern but it wasn't for me - i have a friend that has very limited IV options.

I think that it's a bad idea, too.

I'm staying away from injecting, for real. You needn't worry for me but it's very nice that you should do so.

OK, I've derailed this already.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 02:35:17 AM »
@Esoteric Anhydride, it may be aggravated by heat related edema.

Check your salt intake, if abnormally high then reduce.

Peripheral Edema is a known side effect of TRT so you could have both issues going on. Sorry for not being Candy but I thought it might help.

A Diuretic may be worth a try, as is leg elevation, hand massages, compression stockings and walking bouts may all help.

I think that you are too young for the other reasons for it and shouldn't worry, especially if you try one or more of the actions I just posted.

I hope candy will drop in soon.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:47:47 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Z

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
You might want to get all of your levels checked chops.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 05:18:10 PM »
You might want to get all of your levels checked chops.

Ya def need to do that again -- that Sust tho!!

It seems to be cooling off here, only 85 today so maybe I'll stop drinking so much water, two weeks ago it was 110+. I know it can cause cardiac problems but I have doubts it's that serious. It's actually better today, my ankles look basically normal, seems to peak maybe 5 days after I do my dose (weekly atm).

I'm on my feet up and down all day long, so it's not anything about a lack of activity.

I think it might be related to estrogen, if anyone who knows it could explain this mechanism, I'd be obliged.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
I only have a basic understanding, but basically some people partially convert some androgens into estrogen.  Here's a wiki link that explains it in depth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase   It's totally resolvable with aromatase inhibitors like arimidex, or the bodybuilding way would be to take a round of nolva or chlomid.  AFAIK the only way to find out for sure is with a blood test, so it makes sense to raise the concern with your doctor.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
Swelling of the ankles is a side effect and one that should be reported to your doctor. This is seen as a serious side effect and from what I know, sometimes switching to the cream can reduce the swelling.
Are you using the testosterone cypionate? This type of testosterone replacement is known to cause this side effect, but all testosterone can cause edema (swelling). I would contact your doctor as soon as you can and let them know.  Are you having any difficulty breathing? When you are lying down do you notice any shortness of breath?
It also can be estrogen related as you mentioned. I would still contact your doctor and have your levels checked.

Maybe doing the injection bi-weekly might help? My son is on testosterone replacement and he is getting the injection every 3 weeks.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:54:54 AM by candy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
Swelling of the ankles is a side effect and one that should be reported to your doctor. This is seen as a serious side effect and from what I know, sometimes switching to the cream can reduce the swelling.
Are you using the testosterone cypionate?

I'm using sustanon 300, which is a blend and I believe it does contain cypionate. Maybe switching out to something else will help.

Quote from: candy
<snip> I would contact your doctor as soon as you can and let them know.  Are you having any difficulty breathing? When you are lying down do you notice any shortness of breath?
It also can be estrogen related as you mentioned. I would still contact your doctor and have your levels checked.

Ya, I need a doc. We just moved and I haven't gotten around to medical yet, which I really need to do.

Maybe doing the injection bi-weekly might help? My son is on testosterone replacement and he is getting the injection every 3 weeks.

You mean bi-monthly? I have considered that, it just works so damned well I don't want it to stop! lol

It seems like the problem peaks maybe 5 days after the shot, so by 7 days things look normal again and I say fuck it and do another one.

I know, I need tested. But I had fucking Gynecomastia from the low-T effects of MMT (been off MD over a month now!!) and although it had gone away before, it was coming back (I can still see signs of it), and I HAD to do something, NFW was I going through that bullshit again. My horrible sweats are gone, I have ++energy and mood during the day, my junk works again, the TRT has been a *gxdsend*

I hear the warnings about heart problems, I will get checked out but I'm not very concerned about my cardio system at this point. I was pretty sedentary for quite awhile but lately been very active; swimming every day, sometimes twice a day. Walking around constantly, and I'm not feeling any heart problems at all. Only time my heart fucks with me is when I'm tapering benzos and/or kicking dope.

I gotta read up on Aromatase - thanks @Z - after 5 years of methadone trying to make me female maybe I still have an imbalance or something..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »
Too much testosterone can lead to gyno too man. Please keep a few letrozoles on hand just in case. It should only be like $20 for a strip of them.

And if it's water retention related or estrogen related, an AI will help with that too. Although you may not want to use letrozole on a daily basis... it's a really strong one. It's good to have if you feel gyno is starting because it can (not always) stop it if you take it soon enough and crash your estrogen levels.

Also, I think she may have been suggesting bi-weekly to keep your levels more steady. 100 mg 2x a week as opposed to 200 mg 1x a week for example. Although with a sustanon blend, it's probably not as needed as straight enanthate or cypionate.

Lastly, I don't think switching the esters would make any difference, would it? I mean for your symptoms. Im not a doctor but the only reason I can think of the cream helping is that it will generally be a lower, more steady dose... splitting up your dose should have that same effect to an extent... less peaks and valleys and all. I mean, at the end of the day, it's all testosterone... I think.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:15:48 PM by Guts »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 10:16:44 PM »
Life has kept me away from this board but I wanted to add something to this thread..

Yesterday I got a call from my endocrinologist's office changine the date of my appointment. That was fine because he is so busy I have to schedule them months ahead of time.

While on the phine with her I mentioned that I had recently read that men taking testosterone can start producing extra estrogen which an lead to symptoms like gynocomastia (Man Boobs) and I asked her if I would have to take an estrogen blocker. I didn't ask FOR anything or make any complaint, just asked about what I had read.

Less than a hour later they  called me back and told me they were dropping me as a patient (I think) because they thought I was asking to use the T like bodybuilders do (aka "stacking"). I had done nothing at all that the doctor hadn't told me to do, even switching to injectable in Colombia because gel was hard to get there. Then when I told him how much better I thought it worked he agreed to switch me to take-home injectables.

I patiently tried to explain that this must be some misunderstanding or breakdown in communication because I have follwed his instructions all along. They said they would talk it over and according to the on-line clinic site my appointment is still scheduled. I plan to be there and clear things up but that I even have to worry about being jerked around like this REALLY pisses me the fuck of. You;d think they would appreciate a pateint who is concerned about his health and asks questions not just want to be rid of him.

Part of the problemtoo is that I am currently in Minnesota and here they ahve a thing callled "Minnesota Nice" which is another term for "Passive Aggressive." They sugar coat everything and will never actually say anything that they think you won't like or could seem confrontational. I, on the other hand amd a big city East Coast guy and I will tell you point blank when I disagree with you and although I have no animosity in saying it they always seem to freak out that anyone dare speak bluntly and honestly to them.

In a similar vein a female freind of mine back in MA was also just dropped by her doctor. Apparently there is a trend in "concierge medicine" which is essentially rich people paying their doctors a monthly [retainer] so they don't have to wait for appointments, get house calls, get more than 10 minutes face time with the doctor, etc. They essentailly pay to "jump the line" of us plebes. Consequently, the doctors can then reduce their patient listss and make as much or more money, leaving many long term but not rich patinets at the mercy of their insurance company.

I so tired of the USA and the placing of "maximizing profit" above all else I'm out of here as soon as I can afford it, which will be either inheritance or Social Security or I get accredited to teach English to professionals in some country in Latin America, where I can buy whatever drugs I need OTC, do coke w/o fear of being arrested and be the big handsome gringo that gets the hot Latinas.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions