dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Ben Carson on Addiction: We are basically immoral (possibly amoral)  (Read 12354 times)

Offline thetalkingasshole (OP)

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/dr-ben-carson-addiction-occurs-in-people-who-201812037.html

Im on my phone so I cant post the whole thing
but this guy is a serious asshole

He is a great mix of educated conservative and right-wing Christian
who is willing to say what he actually believes
Most of which is actually insane

On the local public radio today, the urban cafe show of all black people
referenced they had yet to mention him this cycle
Mostly because he does not speak for them, the people on the show at least
and that is mostly because he says some absolutely ridiculous shit
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Ben Carson on Addiction: We are basically immoral (possibly amoral)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »
this is typical of a certain mindset of people who do not use drugs.

it's not that simple at all, even if i thought he was right ... i see us (or myself, rather) as hedonists (or relief/pleasure/fun/joy/thrill seekers) primarily.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:14:55 PM »
This guy is even more of a looney tube than trump.

None of the candidates running should really get a nomination for president.

I'm was brought up in a true republican family, too bad none of us has voted Republican since bush.

Can you imagine all the shit that would be going on with bush still at the helm lol.

I won't delve deeper as this discussion could get terribly ugly. Get out and vote in 2016 america, you don't want or need a trump or Carson in office, this country will truly be shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole (OP)

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »
I am just toally baffled
as to why you wouldn't want someone who has made it their career
to learn how to effectively govern (allegedly)
and instead choose someone with ZERO experience

I will go even further and say that business experience does not count for shit
You were able to run a company? How much assistance in tax breaks and subsidies did they receive?

How many times was it "convenient" or "prudent" to declare bankruptcy
thus putting out EVERYONE who loaned you money?

Unfortunately the U.S. gov't cant subsidize itself (no matter what the right-wing would have you believe)
and we certainly do not have the "convenient" or "prudent" option of defaulting on our loans

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:56:56 PM »
I can't stand this guy.....makes me sleepy.  Like dope.

I'd rather listen to Ben Stein, rather vote for him too.

Feel the Bern, damn you!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:30:54 AM »
The US can't subsidize itself? What? Ever hear of how we borrow 100's of billions of dollars from China and the Federal Reserve (which is a private bank) can print as much money as they want.

I read the print part of the article and didn't see anything about how he said addicts are immoral.

He said addiction occurs in susceptible individuals, who are "missing something from their lives."

That's part of the story but not all of it. Definitely he's not a friend to legalization/decrim of drugs, but who is among the front runners of either party?

Under Obama, we've had more police killings that in previous years, and the fed gov. is giving millions in subsidies to local police departments so that they can buy military-type weapons and equipment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:28 AM »
If Bernie Sanders doesnt win
I am moving to Paris.
#feelthebern
The rnc is a joke
Are you really free
We are taxed way more
Then the king of England ever dreamed.
Ask about inalienable rights
#bahahaha
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:20 AM »
I'd like to move to France too. 28 days paid vacation mandated by the gov? Too bad they give refugees better status than people who try to immigrate legally.

Come to think of it, I'd rather stay in America and just visit these places.

Got a cousin in Denmark who just paid almost 50k usd for a car worth 20 and the privilege  to drive. No thanks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:49:35 AM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 03:40:33 AM »
I think Ben Carson is an Idiot Savant (despite the multiple malpractice suits he's fielded). He may be a great surgeon, but I have doubts the guy is capable of caring for a hamster, let alone the US.

Personally I think that anyone running for POTUS should have some political experience, it should be a position you work up to. Just like Doctors have to do a residency, the POTUS should have to serve in an elected position (like governor) before they even consider running this fucking country.

The GOP is a party of dying idea(l)s; it's a party of rich old (mostly) white guys who are stuck in their ways and couldn't give a mouse fart about the future of this country, they just want to retire as comfortably as possible while rolling around in their filthy fucking money.

The crash of 2008 should be a WAKE UP CALL for the rest of us. These fuckers don't care if they tank the country because most of them will be dead in ten years. The sooner we oust these fuckers the sooner we'll be able to make progress against shit like the destructive and failed WoD and the blood-sucking insurance scoundrels and stagnant wages and our fucked up pharmaceutical & health care systems.

The GOP is the party OF THE RICH and they DO NOT give a shit about the interests of people like us - this is NOT about left vs. right, this is about CLASS and unless you're worth 8 figures+, the republicans DO NOT GIVE A SHIT about you.

If you live check-to-check, if you rent, if you struggle to get by and if you would be FUCKED if you lost your job: the Republicans ARE NOT your friends DESPITE what they're telling you.

There is no middle class in America today, there is RICH and POOR. Turn off Fox "news" and OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS! This is about more than us, it's about many generations to come. Do you have kids? Nephews nieces or cousins? Do you want them to get an education and thrive, or do you want them to struggle through life never having a chance to excel? A proper education makes ALL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE and as Americans, education should be A RIGHT FOR EVERYONE. The GOP DOES NOT CARE if the "lesser" classes get an education, the only thing they care about is their filthy fucking money.

If you GIVE A SHIT about the future of this country AT ALL, then forget about the stupid party lines, this isn't about left or right, this is about %1 trying to oppress the rest of us. This is about the UPPER CLASS kicking the rest of us to the curb and FUCK THAT, FUCK letting these mega rich corporate cock-smoking ASSHOLES fist the rest of the country into poverty and fuck shit up for GENERATIONS to come.

These fuckers have been running a game on us for WAY TOO LONG - THERE IS NOTHING FUCKING TRICKLING DOWN, and if we let it continue, they **WILL** continue FUCKING us again and again and again, and why should they give a shit? They have all they need and most of them will be dead soon anyway.

If you're worth less than 10 million and you vote republican, you've been CONNED. Those people GIVES A FUCK about you or your family and your family's future, and that's the TRUTH.

It's time for some fucking transparency and equality. It's time to take our country back from these assholes. This shit IS NOT fair.

Bernie. Motherfuckin'. Sanders.
2016 bitches
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:25:06 AM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 06:42:43 AM »
I think Ben Carson is an Idiot Savant (despite the multiple malpractice suits he's fielded). He may be a great surgeon, but I have doubts the guy is capable of caring for a hamster, let alone the US.

Personally I think that anyone running for POTUS should have some political experience, it should be a position you work up to. Just like Doctors have to do a residency, the POTUS should have to serve in an elected position (like governor) before they even consider running this fucking country.

The GOP is a party of dying idea(l)s; it's a party of rich old (mostly) white guys who are stuck in their ways and couldn't give a mouse fart about the future of this country, they just want to retire as comfortably as possible while rolling around in their filthy fucking money.

The crash of 2008 should be a WAKE UP CALL for the rest of us. These fuckers don't care if they tank the country because most of them will be dead in ten years. The sooner we oust these fuckers the sooner we'll be able to make progress against shit like the destructive and failed WoD and the blood-sucking insurance scoundrels and stagnant wages and our fucked up pharmaceutical & health care systems.

The GOP is the party OF THE RICH and they DO NOT give a shit about the interests of people like us - this is NOT about left vs. right, this is about CLASS and unless you're worth 8 figures+, the republicans DO NOT GIVE A SHIT about you.

If you live check-to-check, if you rent, if you struggle to get by and if you would be FUCKED if you lost your job: the Republicans ARE NOT your friends DESPITE what they're telling you.

There is no middle class in America today, there is RICH and POOR. Turn off Fox "news" and OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS! This is about more than us, it's about many generations to come. Do you have kids? Nephews nieces or cousins? Do you want them to get an education and thrive, or do you want them to struggle through life never having a chance to excel? A proper education makes ALL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE and as Americans, education should be A RIGHT FOR EVERYONE. The GOP DOES NOT CARE if the "lesser" classes get an education, the only thing they care about is their filthy fucking money.

If you GIVE A SHIT about the future of this country AT ALL, then forget about the stupid party lines, this isn't about left or right, this is about %1 trying to oppress the rest of us. This is about the UPPER CLASS kicking the rest of us to the curb and FUCK THAT, FUCK letting these mega rich corporate cock-smoking ASSHOLES fist the rest of the country into poverty and fuck shit up for GENERATIONS to come.

These fuckers have been running a game on us for WAY TOO LONG - THERE IS NOTHING FUCKING TRICKLING DOWN, and if we let it continue, they **WILL** continue FUCKING us again and again and again, and why should they give a shit? They have all they need and most of them will be dead soon anyway.

If you're worth less than 10 million and you vote republican, you've been CONNED. Those people GIVES A FUCK about you or your family and your family's future, and that's the TRUTH.

It's time for some fucking transparency and equality. It's time to take our country back from these assholes. This shit IS NOT fair.

2016 bitches

Lolleedee stands up, proudly holds her Bernie 2016 poster above her head, clapping and cheering wildly!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »
I'd fucking move to Namibia if my passport wasn't revoked due to owing more than $2500 in back child support.

And you think that getting another president elected from one of the major political parties will make a difference in the status quo? You're whistling Dixie my friend. Just look at the historical record - every time someone says, "I'm gonna make a serious change," nothing pans out. They ALL have their hands in the pot. It's an irreversible process, less middle class in favor of more poor and (less) rich. You think Bernie Sanders is immune?

I wish it weren't true. But it sadly is.

I think the only solution to our current troubles will be violent revolution (again) once it becomes too unbearable for most of the populace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:05 AM »
Globalist forces, and the United Nations want to make sure that every human being on the planet has a government-issued identification card, complete with biometric data.

The recently approved UN “Sustainable Development Goals,” also known as “Agenda 2030,” explicitly requires the  providing of “legal identity” and “birth registration” for “all.” A parallel effort led by same people pushing for these global IDs, meanwhile, hopes to abolish cash and move toward a “cashless” global society in which every transaction can be tracked.

With funding from U.S. taxpayers and various tax-exempt foundations controlled by the establishment, both of those visions could become a reality in the not-too-distant future, at least if humanity does not push back.

It's thee Mark of thee Beast, friends, coming soon. Make your choice on which side you stand.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 07:34:11 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/dr-ben-carson-addiction-occurs-in-people-who-201812037.html

Im on my phone so I cant post the whole thing
but this guy is a serious asshole

He is a great mix of educated conservative and right-wing Christian
who is willing to say what he actually believes
Most of which is actually insane

On the local public radio today, the urban cafe show of all black people
referenced they had yet to mention him this cycle
Mostly because he does not speak for them, the people on the show at least
and that is mostly because he says some absolutely ridiculous shit

he also personally believes the ancient egyptian pyramids weren't tombs but 'used for storing grain'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 07:34:58 AM »
And you think that getting another president elected from one of the major political parties will make a difference in the status quo? You're whistling Dixie my friend. Just look at the historical record

What do you know about Bernie Sanders' historical record?

Tell me one thing you know about his record.

(and I have ZERO sympathy about your passport - maybe you should pay your child support?)

You're either part of the solution or you're in the way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 07:39:06 AM »

2016 bitches

A-fukn-men brother, well said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions