dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Members Music Thread  (Read 3077 times)

Offline OG80 (OP)

• Reputation Power: 5
  • OG80 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2016, 05:51:13 PM
  • "I'd rather be a lightning rod than a seismograph.
Members Music Thread
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Just wondering if there's any members who are in the music industry or create their own music. You can check mine out at http://www.soundcloud.com/ourlightsaves.
I produce, record, perform and write everything I do. I would love to hear what anyone else has going on!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Members Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »
I was in a nickleback like band for a few years called another round that I played bass in. It wasn't my kind of music and I am usually a guitar player but I figured if anyone was going to make money it would be them because they sounded like what was on the radio to me. I was on the album King Me it's on itunes and spotify if you want to check out a few songs on spotify. I am in one of their music videos that is really cheesy I was thinking about posting it but thought that it might out who I am and make me lose my anonymity.

Their reverbnation only has new songs, I helped write some but didn't record any of them because the new singer ruined it for me. Me and the original singer quit at the same time because they were stuck in garage band mode only willing to practice once a week or less. They had just spent $10-15,000 to record an album with flaming lips producer Adam Bell at his studio which is one of the better ones in Oklahoma and they weren't willing to do what it takes to make money.

It was really annoying because me and the singer wanted to do it all, practice a few times a week, 3-5+ shows a month, play covers to make money at bars to fund better equipment, touring, and everything else but they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't play covers, or practice, they only wanted to do one show a month and they had really bad sound management, playing really loud on line 6 type amps where the sound has no tonality or depth. Me and the singer left and they got a new singer who was awful in my opinion.

I'd be really interested if you guys listened to them and could tell me what you think of the band and the 2 singers comparatively if you have the time. It is hard sometimes to be objective when you write the songs or play for the band to see if it is actually good and all my friends would just say its awesome just to be good friends. I am biased because it's not my style of music and everything on the radio sounds the same to me and that is what I thought it sounded like.

If anyone does listen please be brutally honest, I don't have any attachment but sometimes I wonder what would of happened if they would of gone for it. The album I am on is named King Me you can listen to it for free on spotify. Red dirt, Speak, Stay Away, Stay Alive, Whiskey Dick, and SDR are the better songs on that album in my opinion.

If you don't have spotify you can listen to some of the songs on https://myspace.com/roundanother/music/songs A lot of the songs on that page are the wrong link when you click on it it goes to some random youtube video that isn't the song. I think only Speak, SDR, and stay away, stay alive are the actual songs on that page. https://www.reverbnation.com/anotherround is the new stuff with the new singer the songs almost real, and de ja vu are terrible but the rest are okay I guess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:39:29 AM »
Back in the HS days, had a fairly popular punk/hardcre band.  Recordings are shit but live we sounded tough as shit.  Anyway keep in mind we were 16-18 when we did this.

http://www.purevolume.com/greenhaven/albums/Demo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 05:12:27 AM »
i like to make my own House mashups/overlays with Traktor.

some tracks work, some don't but i just love the actual hardware, also.

wanna-be bedroom DJ/producer here ... i think i'll stick with IT, thanks !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions