dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Opiophile is dead; DAU is ALIVE  (Read 37618 times)

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
Opiophile is dead; DAU is ALIVE
« on: August 15, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »
I've seen and heard about all kinds of topics
Opiophile is this, database that, FATPIE Won't join DAU because he is creating his own?

Wtf?

DAU exists and DAU is opiophile, same users same community
We are and always will be the soul of the forum!
LETS BLOW THIS FORUM UP WITH GREAT TOPIC
GREAT CONVERSTIONS
it will grow and advance and become more user friendly the more we use it!

This is a copy paste from another post I made but it sums it up so here it is in its own thread

I certainly hope the members here will utilize this forum and allow this forum to grow and advance and become overall the spot to be, this forum is the New opiophile we are all members of the forums from the now defunct opiophile and the community and the people in it make this the new adaptation of the former once alive forum.

I know the owners of this forum didn't and still don't want to step on anyone's toes
But
THEY created a place for us to be, and it already exists
Now all that is left is not to wait for another one to be created because FATPIE thinks he can do better, DAU should honestly be given the database and upload it to this forum and this should be THE SPOT.
If not then we as members should make it grow exponentially, fuck waiting around for someone to answer questions we all know
Opiophile is dead
Let's move on.
DAU is alive and here to stay!

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:21:48 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Opiophile is dead; DAU is ALIVE
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
whilst nothing is certain, what we have is something quite rare and that is a mature and wise collection of people.

but we don't want to be Opiophile Mk II but if we were asked to let their member base and threads last longer then forums like this have reliable conversion techniques, which is why i also recommended it to nick and candy.

even though the SMF software is free, the technical support is swift and that tells me that there is a huge community that is working with and on this free forumware.

even though we expect to lose people back to the new opiophiile, remember that we can and are are also providing additional server and forums apps. should you need them.

of course any member that doesn't log in at D&U because they're too busy posting on Opio. will be instantly banned for lifel ... and not just them but their children too ... it's our way or the highway ...  ::) :-X ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:31:46 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
IDK people need to get real and wake up.......I just can't go and take that shit seriously enough to post there again, and being open to all drug users is a much, nicer prospect....I wanna know what the score on the scene for tweakers+gay clubbers is + the RC crowd+ the high class cokefiends too etc.  And democratic decision making is a much better idea, without arbitrary banning....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
I think FatPie's heart is in the right place.  His posts are usually balanced and well-thought.  He tries.  But, I do think he makes mistakes, like everyone else. 

My main problem in this latest crisis is that those in power (FatPie and Fear) haven't sent out a "state of the nation" e-mail to all Opiophile members.  Yes, they've given details through their conversations with DeadCat, St. Theresa, and possibly others.  But no attempt was made to mass e-mail all members.  Especially since FatPie keeps saying he has all the members' e-mail addys.

And honestly, if those few people hadn't e-mailed them and gotten a response, people still wouldn't know what's going on.  Dissemination of community-wide info shouldn't be on a selective basis. 

It just looks bad IMO.  It's wreaks of "we're too busy, and we don't have time to converse with the 'common people'."  It still shows a very us v. them mentality, where only those in the know need to know, and everyone else is just supposed to deal with it.  I don't like that at all.

I can see FatPie starting his own forum.  And I do think some people here will flock back over to it.  That's just how it is.  I only hope that enough people will stay here, or at least also participate here, to allow this forum to co-exist and grow.  I do think there will be distinct differences between his new forum and this place.  I think his will be more traditionally-run, albeit with a tad more transparency, while this will eventually be turned over to the members and be community-run.

At the end of the day, this won't affect me.  Even though I was banned from Opiophile, and this new site will not technically be Opiophile, the members, community, and concept will generally be the same.  I certainly don't think I'd be welcomed over there.   

If I had to pick a minor problem in this crisis, it would be the lingering hope that Jonny will respond.  At what point are people just going to throw in the towel and say enough is enough?  It annoys me that some people still can't / won't see him for what he is.  Sure, he may have been better in the past, but that's majorly overshadowed by how he is now, and how he's been lately.  I say call it a day, cut your losses, and move on.  His behaviors have clearly shown he's not reliable or trustworthy anymore.  Really, how much loyalty is he owed?  His general demeanor, actions, behaviors, etc. don't deserve any loyalty as far as I'm concerned. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:28:33 PM »
I contacted Fear several days ago and offered d&u's services by passing on messages to those concerned with Opiophile's situation..........still waiting to hear back.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »
I contacted Fear several days ago and offered d&u's services by passing on messages to those concerned with Opiophile's situation..........still waiting to hear back.

Extremely unprofessional.  Doesn't surprise me though. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »
if they need technical help then I would be happy to help them migrate to our host or forum.

in fact, although I am new to linux, I'm learning and even willing to work on their site if that's what they want.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:14:25 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »
eventually, two mass mailouts were performed ... just in case anybody was following this thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »
I think FatPie's heart is in the right place.  His posts are usually balanced and well-thought.  He tries.  But, I do think he makes mistakes, like everyone else. 

My main problem in this latest crisis is that those in power (FatPie and Fear) haven't sent out a "state of the nation" e-mail to all Opiophile members.  Yes, they've given details through their conversations with DeadCat, St. Theresa, and possibly others.  But no attempt was made to mass e-mail all members.  Especially since FatPie keeps saying he has all the members' e-mail addys.

And honestly, if those few people hadn't e-mailed them and gotten a response, people still wouldn't know what's going on.  Dissemination of community-wide info shouldn't be on a selective basis. 

It just looks bad IMO.  It's wreaks of "we're too busy, and we don't have time to converse with the 'common people'."  It still shows a very us v. them mentality, where only those in the know need to know, and everyone else is just supposed to deal with it.  I don't like that at all.

I can see FatPie starting his own forum.  And I do think some people here will flock back over to it.  That's just how it is.  I only hope that enough people will stay here, or at least also participate here, to allow this forum to co-exist and grow.  I do think there will be distinct differences between his new forum and this place.  I think his will be more traditionally-run, albeit with a tad more transparency, while this will eventually be turned over to the members and be community-run.

At the end of the day, this won't affect me.  Even though I was banned from Opiophile, and this new site will not technically be Opiophile, the members, community, and concept will generally be the same.  I certainly don't think I'd be welcomed over there.   

If I had to pick a minor problem in this crisis, it would be the lingering hope that Jonny will respond.  At what point are people just going to throw in the towel and say enough is enough?  It annoys me that some people still can't / won't see him for what he is.  Sure, he may have been better in the past, but that's majorly overshadowed by how he is now, and how he's been lately.  I say call it a day, cut your losses, and move on.  His behaviors have clearly shown he's not reliable or trustworthy anymore.  Really, how much loyalty is he owed?  His general demeanor, actions, behaviors, etc. don't deserve any loyalty as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just finding out about anything like this right now.  Just letting you know, I'm not in any inner circle and know dick about anything that has to do with a database.

:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 10:00:02 PM »
if they need technical help then I would be happy to help them migrate to our host or forum.

in fact, although I am new to linux, I'm learning and even willing to work on their site if that's what they want.

Is there a different thread or missing posts?  ^^^ from Chipper is from August 17. No objection to necros at all, but am confused. FatPie is an Admin here now. What is the info folks are saying they're just learning about?   Sincere apologies if i missed something; not seeing anything new on my homepage.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
Necroed
Or they just don't read.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »
I confess ... I just wanted to logically close the thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gnossos

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »
Trying to find an opiophile alternative and reconnect... I see some familiar names here ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Offline gnossos

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
Sad to see so few of us left here. RIP Opiophile, bring it back! Any better forums for reconnecting with the community??? Wanted to post and get some advice, and just generally update on what's been going on, IDK...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Z

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »
Things sure have changed here since the early summer.  There aren't any other gathering spots for former philes that I'm aware of Gnossos.  Maybe some email lists, but beyond the PST list I don't know much about that.

I'm going to lock the thread so that nobody gets confused, and I think that was Chipper's intention.  If you have anything you think needs to be added, then email staff and we can reopen it.

You should start an intro thread Gnossos.  There are quite a few old philes here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal