dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Favorite methadone benzo combo and Narcan Info  (Read 24267 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Favorite methadone benzo combo and Narcan Info
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:05:58 AM »
What is your favorite benzo and methadone combination? I have 75 mgs of valium and 3 mgs of xanax to mix with my methadone in the morning. I usually take 4-5 mg of xanax with my methadone dose in the morning. I was thinking if I used the xanax with my morning dose I would toss in a few valium in with it but don't know how many because I haven't researched the conversion rates of the two the first thing I read was that 40 mg of valium equals 3 mg's of xanax. Obviously everyone is different in how they react to benzos and everything else. Most people nod out on methadone and benzos, or benzos alone, but I get geeked out and an energy rush from it. I have heard that people love taking klonopins with there methadone mainly cause it lasts longer and they don't have to take as much. When I tried this I found that I liked the mix but didn't feel as much of a euphoria or energy boost llke I do with xanax. I have never taken methadone with valium at the same time but I just took 75 mgs 11 hours after taking my 60 mg daily methadone dose.

Mainly what I am trying to decide is what I should use to sleep tonight and what I should use with my morning dose. I only get to take benzos about 5-8 days of the month but my benzo tolerance is very high it has always been. I am also trying to see what peoples favorite combo for methadone and benzos are as I have heard different people prefer different benzos. It is obviously going to be different for everyone but I wanted some input from the board members on their favorites.

I took my narcan class at my clinic this morning and will be getting my intranasal narcan dose that has 4 doses when the pharmacy gets it in Friday. The intranasal one is very expensive but medicaid actually covers it so it was only a dollar. It also comes with 2 or 3 refills so if I end up using it I can get a refill without taking another class or getting another prescription. I hope I dont have to use it but will be more than happy to have the tools and knowledge to save someones life. I am also going to get the injectable intramuscular one too I just have to retake the class so that I have both just because I want both and its free with most classes. Medicaid and most insurances cover it so it will only cost a dollar for me sense I have medicaid and will be very cheap for people with insurance.

I think everyone should take the class even if they don't use any more, and you should most definitely get it if your using or have friends or know people who are using. If you live in colorado I can give you a few places that give the class and narcan for free as well as pharmacies that will give you the prescription and training for it if you walk in and ask for it. If you have already been trained those pharmacies will just write you the prescription and give it to you on the spot.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Re: Favorite methadone benzo combo and Narcan Info
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
PLEASE don't mix the benzo's with your methadone.  I know a ton of people do it, but almost every methadone overdose is due to mixing it with benzo's.  I know you are looking for a peaceful night sleep...I just want you to be careful it isn't a permanent sleep!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »
^^ What she said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »
The intranasal is more expensive than IM naloxone,BUT there's a naloxone kit out there that comes with audio instructions-you turn it on and it tells you how to administer the contained dose! The audio voice sounds just like Hal from 2001 which doesn't inspire confidence!!

The naloxone with audio instructions is a classic example of companies turning harm reduction into a product and profit. God knows how many IM kits you could supply instead of a "talking" naloxone kit!!

Still,excellent you did the training and are now carrying naloxone-studies suggest that simply carrying naloxone makes a significant positive impact on the person's self worth. So,way to go.

P.S. If any of the English contingent need naloxone,get in touch and I'll sort it out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:25:52 AM by nick »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
I'm just glad more us states  and cities are allowing them or even in some cases giving them out.

You want to save lives? Do that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
Yeah in the past 4 years the local Denver needle exchanged has backed and got the good samaritan law passed, the narcan law where people besides doctors can prescribe it,. pharmacists. drug counselors, and others who have gotten the training can get 30 prescriptions at a time to hand out to people after they do the training classes and to giveanout to the people so they get the narcan once they know how to administer it. They also back a law and got it passed that basically states if you use naloxone to help save someones life you can't be charged with anything like man slaughter if they die and such. Our harm reduction center needle exchange here in Denver, colorado is kick ass all around. They supply sharp disposal boxes, clean sharps, cottons, cookers, vials of water, and do safe shooting, and narcan classes. They go out to the areas where needles have been known to be thrown out and pick them up and dispose of them safely. They are a huge reason Denver is such a clean city and the river where a lot of dope sells are isn't littered with used needles.

Thanks for the benzo/methadone mixture warnings! I only do it a few times a month and know my tolerance and slowly build to where I am comfortable over a few days because I know how fast tolerance for anything fluctuates.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »

What is your favorite benzo and methadone combination? I have 75 mgs of valium and 3 mgs of xanax to mix with my methadone in the morning. I usually take 4-5 mg of xanax with my methadone dose in the morning.

<snip>

that's a heavy benzo load that you have there so be careful and make sure that you ALWAYS can get some more valium within a week of running out.

it's not my business but i am concerned for you and suggest that you consider starting a taper with valium at some point.

damn, that's a lot valium, not to mention the xanax !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
Wow, great info Griffin!  This is outstanding and truly comprehensive HR!   I've not seen it even whispered about in the media. Do you have any links about this?  We do have the Good Samaritan Law in my area, but I don't think it covers OD's, Narcan etc.

I'm also curious about something else--  are these laws in effect statewide, or only Denver? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »
http://harmreduction.org/?s=naloxone

The link should take you to the harm reduction coalition's naloxone services which includes a search feature for overdose prevention programmes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
http://harmreduction.org/?s=naloxone

The link should take you to the harm reduction coalition's naloxone services which includes a search feature for overdose prevention programmes.

Sorry I wasn't more clear--I meant news links. I have family in Colorado and we've discussed some of CO's laws vs East Coast (like mmj), but I'm curious about any media links such as those for prescribing etc.

I'd especially like to see info on whether these are state-wide laws (hoping so!), or only recognized in Denver/certain areas of the state.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 01:48:21 AM »

What is your favorite benzo and methadone combination? I have 75 mgs of valium and 3 mgs of xanax to mix with my methadone in the morning. I usually take 4-5 mg of xanax with my methadone dose in the morning.

<snip>

that's a heavy benzo load that you have there so be careful and make sure that you ALWAYS can get some more valium within a week of running out.

it's not my business but i am concerned for you and suggest that you consider starting a taper with valium at some point.

damn, that's a lot valium, not to mention the xanax !

Thanks for the concern chipper! Yeah like I said I only take benzos a few times a month and my tolerance is always been super high like taking 4-6 mgs of xanax with methadone in the morning or night to goto sleep and have never had a problem of nodding or falling asleep. I usually get an energy boost from it. I haven't gotten valium in about 6 moths so I had no idea what I should dose. I am not dependent on benzos and haven't been in over 3 years. Before I knew you could become dependent on them and found out when I got sick in jail when I didn't have any, and had been prescribed it from my doctors from 18-22 without them telling me that I would become dependent and would withdrawal if I didn't take it after a certain amount of time.

Doctors are so careless sometimes especially when prescribing stuff to minors I got guinea pigged on about 8 different anti-depressants, anti psychotics, and anti-anxiety meds for my depression and anxiety before I turned 18 and didn't have any info on the effects they could have especially suicidal ideation. They just would try one for 3-6 months then when it didn't work try something else. They tried me on celexa, elevil, lexapro, serequel, wellbutrin ,and some I don't remember from 15-18 before I stopped them all and just smoked weed and felt 1000x  better with both my anxiety and depression. I have sense never tried another anti depressant again, and probably never will even though everyone on my dad sides of my family takes one and so do both my brothers. I feel great without them granted I'm on methadone and that's has worked as the best anti-anxiety/depressant medication I have ever used.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:47 AM »
I had to light a cigarette mid way though that man. You're taking 75mg of Valium and some xanax and you don't have a gaba dependency of some kind? What? Just because you're doped up with done still which frankly probably kills almost any WD symptom, there is still something going on here man.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:00:42 AM by Jega »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »
I know what your saying Jega but usually I take benzo's 3 days a month and at the very most 8 days a month. My tolerance for them has always been huge. I was dependent on them when I was 21 because I took them everyday for 2-3 years from a doctor who didn't tell me anything about dependency or withdrawal. Same thing happened with a doctor who had me try amitriptyline for sleep and anxiety for 6 months. I stopped taking them and had withdrawal coming off those and had no idea why I was so sick for a month. I think my benzo tolerance just never dropped I mean the first time I take them in a month a 2 mg xanax I will fell it a little bit, but 4-6mg is what would help put me to sleep but I could stay up they give me energy boosts a lot of the time. My body is weird. All opiates give me energy even heroin even though with IV heroin I do nod but Im the kinda person who would take 180 mg's of roxy's and clean the entire house and get all the laundry done kinda person. I don't know if that makes a difference all drug effect people differently like I dont usually get very geeked out on things like adderal just focused and not able to sleep.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »
thanks for the clarification.

you are probably ok but I thought it best to at least stop you from upping the frequency.

you are taking both short and very long acting benzos.

If I were you then I'd drop the valium chaser and stick with xanax, keeping a script of valium around to taper, should you start getting the jumps.

my own tolerance to benzos never seems to drop but have it only every 6 months only plus I have never felt any withdrawal symptoms.

I did get treated for valium addiction and the clinic brought me down from 65 mg./day to 0, dropping me 5 mg. every 3 days.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:50:17 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
Yeah, I did that thing all 'la dee da' mixing that shit thinking I found the loophole.

But.... In reality. Its a fucking horrid idea.

If you're ever forced into a hard nosedive (like me) if the kick dont kill you... You'll sure as motherfucked wish you were.

Worse yet.... You won't fucking wake up, and you'll be someone else's fucking problem.

Its a good time.... Were all out to have one. But that one there. May as well stick a pistol I'm your month with one in the chamber... Spin that fucker, and pull the trigger.

Just looking out for ya man.

Go easy.

Known killer. In a major way.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions