dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Unfortunately ....  (Read 7116 times)

Offline Snoop (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Unfortunately ....
« on: January 16, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
Has anyone else here noticed that when dealing with Telephone Reps for services like Cable/WiFi, Phone Carriers, Utilities, etc.

Whenever you're making your case for an extension, or what have you. These fuckers have an ace up their sleeve.

Unfortunately....

For example:

Me: Hello.. Bitch ass Cable TV provider. I have had an  interruption in service. But my Direct Deposit doesn't hit until tomorrow morning. Think I could have my service started back up til manana???

Bitch Ass Operator: Unfortunately (bitch ass  excuse)

Me: But its only for basically a few hours...

Bitch Ass  Operator: Unfortunately (bitch ass  excuse)

And on and on... Fuck that word.

Anyway ...

Off to work I go
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
Re: Unfortunately ....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:41:19 PM »
You got enough intertainment around your pad you don't need cable! Just the dude with the loud speaker could be hours of laughs!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Z

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
The only utilities coming into my house are power and internet.  I do have a home phone for kids emergencies, but it was a deal from my cell phone company.  $10 unlimited everything including long distance.  They were trying to launch the new service so they were practically giving it away to build word of mouth about it I think.  Unfortunately I benfit the fuck out of that one.

I haven't had cable in almost 5 years.  I haven't even missed it.  I realized that with cable I would flick up and down 300 channels, and nothing would be interesting.  Finaly I would settle for whatever semed less boring.  Less boring is a crap way to spend your time if you ask me now.  Now I check netflix, torrent,  and a few special streaming sites that are set up on my roku.  Unfortunately... actually there is no unfortunately.  Screw paying $100 a month for less boring.

The best part is that my ISP is a small company that buys bandwidth off of the big company running here.  They treat customers with respect, and make it easier to get a hold of them.  They have a system set up to handle any issues by email, and it is SOOOO much better than sitting waiting for the phone que.  Then when you finally get through they repeat over and over the same idiocy.  In the end they are just reading from a script that you could have read to yourself.. dealing with it via email is easier for everyone.  I don't know why other companies can't do the same thing.  It saves time and energy for everyone:  I don't have to sit around for two hours waiting for a foreign worker who barely speaks english to misunderstand me, and then totally screw the whole thing up.

Never going back to traditional tv consumption.  Everyone in my little family prefers it this way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:55:47 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
Ya the "Unfortunately" thing is horrible....

I got caught in it once when I REALLY REALLY needed it. It was a mess, and almost ended up costing me in a serious way, had my girlfriend not been able to step in and help the situation, I'd probably have lost my job, or at least not gotten a promotion.

I'll post the story in a bit, but, it was SO FUCKING irritating it pisses me off just thinking about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 08:01:20 PM »
@Snoop---grrrr yes. And has anyone else noticed that when THEY screw up & OWE ya credit (like when you have auto pay) "it'll appear on your account in 6-& weeks"?? And when you point out that it's a bit odd that their computers are quite efficient at cutting you OFF, why are their computers incapable of crediting your account w/the same efficiency, you get the "well I'm not in charge of that, but I can transfer you to a manager" who repeats the same bs?? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline TearsofThePoppy

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • TearsofThePoppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 13, 2016, 08:05:19 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 09:17:22 PM »
So heres the deal...you can get a good deal from your cable/internet company but you gotta call and tell them you are gonna cancel, they will transfer you to the customer retention department...

at that point you gotta have some info in front of you-what deals are they offering to new customers, and what deals are their rivals offering to new customers? depending on where you live they may call you on bs saying "so and so other provider doesn't have service in your area" but it's still worth a shot.

that is how i got a great deal on cable and internet from comcast. i was paying 40 bucks a month for 25 mbps of internet only. now i am paying 50 a month for 60 mbps AND tv, just basic 45 channels plus hbo, and their offer to new customers is 55 a month for that package. for existing customers who wanna upgrade to this package it's like 80 bucks or some shit.

so yeah, you gotta haggle. if they don't bite then it may be worth it to really switch and get a new customer deal with another provider (in my case i threatened to change to verizon)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Andi

• SA_Chat+
  • Andi is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 24, 2020, 08:34:51 PM
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
You got enough intertainment around your pad you don't need cable! Just the dude with the loud speaker could be hours of laughs!

Haha that guy! Or the asshat on his dirt bike.

I've had pretty good luck with the cell phone, but I'm pretty sure I've promised them the equivalent of a blow job. Hey, at least it's better than an ass raping.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »
Dude, Im dealing with the same shit at this very moment.  I've been a paying customer for 18 months, but *unfortunately* they cannot give me an extension until Friday.  Why?  Because you have to have 1 year of on-time payments to get extensions, and you can only have them once every 90 days.

And the asshole had the gumption to suggest that I call a family member and have them pay it.....Dear Sir if I could do that I wouldn't be calling and groveling to your punkass over $137.00.

I had to go in to work and ask my boss for a pay advance to pay my fucking cable bill.  He got a kick out of it.

Having 2 kids under 10 with the cable and Wi-Fi shut off just isn't an option.

Oh yeah, and even with paying the $140.00/mo for the intermediate package.....there still isn't DICK to watch.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Snoop (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »
I HATE THAT GODDAMNED BULL HORN... AND THAT MOTHERFUCKIN EVIL CANEVIL DIRT BIKE LATE NITE JOYRIDER MUTHAFUKA!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »
You guys should threaten to cancel.  It is funny how quickly "unfortunately ..." turns into "I can give you ..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Andi

• SA_Chat+
  • Andi is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 24, 2020, 08:34:51 PM
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
I HATE THAT GODDAMNED BULL HORN... AND THAT MOTHERFUCKIN EVIL CANEVIL DIRT BIKE LATE NITE JOYRIDER MUTHAFUKA!!!!!

I can't imagine why. It's like a never-ending bus ride, except without the bus.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline smackNcheez

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • smackNcheez is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 22, 2019, 03:51:59 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 11:20:19 PM »
After having been the asshole who receives those calls I can tell you it's no fun being the one to have to say no. I spent 2 years at one of the big cellular companies working in their "receivables management" section.

There is a bunch criteria that customers have to meet to be eligible for payment arrangements and extensions. If the rep gives it to you without the account meeting those metrics they get knocked on their quality stats for not following policy. Enough fails and it can lead to termination because the company views it as a loss.

Sometimes you can get your request by escalating, but retention is the one with the most powers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • robojunkie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »
OK I hate dealing with "customer service" on the phone, it is almost always an automatic argument and 95% of the time it ends unresolved with me pulling the prison card in such a way as "oh you're gonna send me to collections, you're gonna sue me?  Oh fucking no!  I can't get a decent job to save my life cuz the government kidnapped me/I got hit by the feds/I've been in a cage for years, wtf you think I care about small claims court?  Fuck You!

Also, OK I hate dealing with the general public.  Rarely have I had jobs answering or making phone calls, but I have a few times, and as has been mentioned often if the customer knows how to play it they will usually be cut the slack.  This isn't always the case sometimes certain things are just blanket policy way out of the hands of the poor schmuck that has to deal with tyrannical housewives and egomaniacal 9-5 assistant managers at some office ranting about the injustices of the system vis a vis their late payments or why they won't support the whatever state troopers benevolent association's "Gold Package" for only $120!  And all the stuff we could do in the community with the children.  You like children don't you?  Oh, that's half your monthly income, no prob, we have the bronze package for $40 just for good citizens like yourself who are a little tight on funds this year (there is no fucking package for fuck sake its a stupid number and a name with the expectation that no one buys the gold, its a high ball, even though some do).  Anyway I hated those jobs, I hated being expected to be the biggest scumbag in order to be making any kind of commission.  That last job was a work release job ironically all but one of us were felons, and we were soliciting of donations on behalf of some lame ass state troopers club.  Total scam, they get ~25% of the take, the company takes the rest for "costs" lol. 

I actually hated it though its just so sleazy but totally legal, but at same time ANSWERing calls is totally different now you're dealing with 50/50 split of people with reasonable situation that you'd like to help out but can't and the other half that just "feels" like whatever they have to pay or are being charged or being removed from shouldn't happen.  No amount of logic or records, etc will convince them to even converse in a calm manner, as they already "feel" like they paid enough, or have been a customer long enough.  I feel like super rich people wouldn't miss it if they all just got Jedi mind tricked by me into simultaneously sending me a $100 check.  It might feel like a cool thing that hurts no one and helps me and anyone I wanna help, but feeling like it ain't gonna make it happen.  Not that I'm agreeing with a lot of these policies I think they should have some leeway, they seemed to have at one time, I could be two or three months late on any bill before I'd even start getting a shut off/loss of service/etc. notice.  Now its all automated and like S&C said that person on the phone doesn't really have much option to help you unless you know how to help yourself, which is exactly what was just said: know the deals around, know how to control the conversation, appear to not really care if your TV and dark web come from comcast or verizon or whoever the fuck, as long as you get it somewhere, and yeah, the other guys have this deal anyway, so....(as long as its true, they aren't idiots).  Or just be stubborn and keep kicking up the chain of telephone boiler room command, and maybe you'll get to the chief of South Asian phonebank account services who is authorized to do absolutely nothing but give you another phone number.

Oh and wtf is all the butt raping evil kanevil motorcycle microphone comedy craziness thing???  I am just totally outta the internet meme loop or what?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I see from quarks to quasars...

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal