dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Thought Provoking Thread on Opiophile  (Read 12116 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:21:48 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: Thought Provoking Thread on Opiophile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
Can you provide a synopsis for those of use who can't read members-only areas of Opiophile? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »
Duck starts: Do you hope for an afterlife?

So, say at the end of life, you are given two choices: you can either die, your existence fading into black, and thats it. Nothing. Basically like it was before you were born, just total absence of anything.

Or, go onto an afterlife of some sort. Not necessarily a hell, but also not just total heaven where you get to get high forever and fuck mad bitches blah blah blah....more like reincarnation into a similar life of love and strife. Maybe as some alien lizard or something. My point is, not full on torture but not full on bliss.

I personally think I would choose the first, to just fade into nothingness. I love life and have really enjoyed it, but I truly don't know if I would want to do it over again. Im sure this could likely change when Im closer to dying...

then i have a go:

Do i hope there's an afterlife ? > yes, provided that i can check out at some point

Do i think that there is an afterlife ? no, silly - like where we're you before you were you ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
Thanks.

I would probably choose the second option.  I like the idea of being able to do things over, preferably if I were able to keep the knowledge and experiences I've gained in this life.  You'd be continually evolving towards perfection. 

I do sort of believe in reincarnation.  I think people die, are reborn according to karma, and the whole purpose of "life" is to learn from our mistakes and experiences until we evolve into what we're meant to be.  There is eventually an end point, where Heaven would be I suppose, but it's individual to each person--the length of the journey is up to each individual. 

I think it's more likely that people don't retain memory of their past lives, at least not in full.  Maybe a faint memory or scattered glimpses into past-lived events.  Perhaps expressed through character traits.  If you were good / bad in your past life, you might be more prone to be good / bad in your current life, e.g.  Perhaps deja vu is the universe trying to tell you you've done it this way before.  Who knows. 

I don't think anyone can definitively say "this is how it is when you die."  It's one of those things you have to experience to know completely, and at that point you won't come back.  LOL. 

As for Biblical Heaven and Hell, um, no.  It's too permanent.  It doesn't take shades of human behavior into account.  It's too black-and-white.  It's too rigid.  It doesn't take evolution or the possibility of change into account.  If it is really that way, I like the idea of Purgatory. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 01:49:52 PM »
... but i'm still certain that when your time is up then it's ALL over; like it never ever happened.

... we are only alive but for a fraction of time compared to how long we are not.

ain't life such a trivial thing from my perspective ?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Der Alte Krieger

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Der Alte Krieger is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 29, 2020, 03:38:00 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »
I mentioned that I plan to spend eternity feasting, fighting and fucking in the halls of Valhalla with the All Father in the company of hero's 

40 years of Christianity had cured me of worshiping a deity that expects me to get on my knees

Danny says he's looking to sharing a few horns full of mead with me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline chemicalchart

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • chemicalchart is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 24, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »
... but i'm still certain that when your time is up then it's ALL over; like it never ever happened.

... we are only alive but for a fraction of time compared to how long we are not.

ain't life such a trivial thing from my perspective ?!

Pretty much my belief. We come from the void and return to the void. Our life is less than a blink of a blink of some gigantic disembodied eyeball and I'm okay with that. All this plodding about for eternity seems like desperate fiction to me.  Not to mention a very long time of plodding. When I'm done, I'm fucking done. Lights out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal