dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Walmart for SYRINGES  (Read 101865 times)

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
Walmart for SYRINGES
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »
Most of Walmart follow their corporate policy
Which is to sell boxed syringes by the 100 count

Go her and use fresh rigs pins whatever you call them
Never share and don't reuse

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kat1lifeleft

• Reputation Power: 6
  • kat1lifeleft is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2016, 12:49:46 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Walmart for SYRINGES
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
I always use Walmart...there brand called ReliOn are just over $12 for box of 100 while the brand name BDs are like $30+  ....walmart for the win!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »
I've sort of heard some stuff about this supposed policy. Does this mean that if I go into a Walmart and ask for a box of 100 syringes, they're not giving me any static at all? Just sign the book and show ID? Bodda bing?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline A-bomb

• Reputation Power: 2
  • A-bomb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 18, 2023, 01:17:41 AM
  • Hi I'm Adam and I am an addict.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
Years ago in Pennsylvania you could only get them from the needle exchange.  We used to all ways go once a month.  Then one day like 4 or 5 years ago the law was changed where you can now buy them at any pharmacy. 

Of course you all ways seem to run into some high and mighty pharm Tech who like to give you shit because you are buying needles. I have had a few ask me why I am buying them and if I am a diabetic.

anyways I have never had a problem at Walmart and they do sell me pack of 10 instead of having to buy the whole box but I'm sure it could be different at other branches.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Bhoris

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Bhoris is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 12:40:15 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »
I've sort of heard some stuff about this supposed policy. Does this mean that if I go into a Walmart and ask for a box of 100 syringes, they're not giving me any static at all? Just sign the book and show ID? Bodda bing?

Hmmm. I wrote a post and hit submit but it didn't show up as a reply in the thread? Not sure what happened so here I am writing it again. If this shows up twice, I apologize and I'll do my best to delete one of them.

Anyway, I also wonder that same thing, Zoops. I live in CA which passed that law that allows any business to sell rigs to anyone over 18 without a prescription. However, I was frequently running into uppity pharmacists that wouldn't allow me to purchase syringes, even in LA county where it's supposedly easier than Ventura County where I live. I'd always go to this one specific Walgreens because it was "known" for always selling syringes. Most of the pharm techs new me because I would go in there every few days to get a new 10 pack but there were these two head pharmacists that were pricks. If they overheard anyone ask for syringes, they'd yell "We're out!" from the back of the pharmacy without even looking up. It was frustrating as all hell. I'd drive the 30 minutes or so into LA county but if either of those two head pharmacists were working, I knew I was pretty much screwed. Sometimes, if I needed rigs bad enough, I'd hang around the store waiting for them to go on break or far enough out of earshot to where I could order my rigs without them hearing me.

Anyway, for the last year or so I've been purchasing my rigs online because the site I get them from has good prices and they deliver within a single business day with standard shipping. However, it'd be nice to have a local place to purchase rigs and there are plenty of WalMarts around. Maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Diacetyl

• #NodSquad
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Diacetyl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 17, 2015, 04:14:52 PM
  • buy the ticket, take the ride
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »
My local walmarts in Texas seem to have differing levels of difficulty.
True, boxes are much easier to purchase.
One only sells shorts in 30 and 31 g
The other asks which type of insulin you take
Another wants you to consult with pharmacist.

I go for the 30g shorts
Sometimes harder to register but dont cause much damage.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 12:46:54 AM »
Never had a problem getting 10 packs ($1.35) reli ON's here in Mississippi, although the coast is a different animal entirely than the rest of this state.
No ID or log to sign, what kind of orwellian shit is that in CA.
Try a mom n pop and you may get crucified. I had a pharmacist tell me to go use my friends dirty needles.
And that was after I shot out that I use humilin R 70/30.
Junky detection level: Pro.

Man I found out I had HCV at rehab. I didn't have it 3 months ago and can't think of a vector. I'm not too upset about it, because, hey, now I can weaponize my blood!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:52:10 AM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 01:28:21 AM »
ive had walmarts hit or miss in FL. I dont know how the 'corporate policy' is disseminated; some places I couldnt buy any, then down the street its only 100 count, then a little further down the street you could buy singles.

man, as much as it isnt a big deal getting turned down for rigs,  if the social justice warrior behind the counter takes joy in it, it just really kicks me in the balls.

I fucking hate buying needles at a pharmacy. Even if it's a sure thing, I hate buying them. the pharm techs whole demeanor changes the second you ask for them.

the woman who first turned me down for needles was also by far the most potent bitch I've ever seen behind a counter since.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 01:34:33 AM »
The Wal-Mart where I get my Subs and other scripts filled apparently used to sell syringes.  I noticed in Jan. 2014 they put a sign up though that read "we no longer sell syringes without prescription or without diabetic status on file." 

I tried a Wal-Mart in the fall of 2013 that I don't normally go to.  I had been told by another member that this store would sell to me no problem.  I go in, ask for a 10-pack of 31 guage 1cc insulin syringes.  First I got a pharm-tech who told me no, so I asked to speak to the pharmacist.  Some uppity lady pharmacist comes out, tells me that unless I have a prescription for insulin on file with them, they can't sell to me.  I reminded her that it was perfectly legal to sell anyone over 18 syringes if they asked for them.  She gave me a dirty look and said "we don't do that here." 

So yeah, seems to depend on the store, not just some corporate policy.  Ironically I should have gone to the Wal-Mart I go to, as that was before their no-sell policy in Jan. 2014.  But I figured it would be a big red flag to get syringes at the store I get my Subs filled. 

If I had to get syringes again, I'd just order online.  Much easier, and a great selection.  No attitudes either.  There aren't any needle exchange places here.  At the time Planned Parenthood told me they would be starting a needle exchange program shortly, in a few months, but that didn't help me at the time.  I don't know if they ever started that. 

The pharmacist who told someone to use their friend's dirty needles should have their license pulled.  That's incredibly fucked up, moreso b/c they're a supposed health-care "professional."   ::)   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:40 AM »
http://harmreduction.org/

http://exchangesupplies.org/

With companies,whatever the corporate policy,you're still dependent on the pharmacist on duty.

The two links above are to,firstly the harm reduction coalition.Their resource guide lists a whole bunch of services including NX.

If you don't have an NX near you the second link is to exchange supplies(who will ship globally) and they're about as good as an NX supply company can be-in the interests of transparency,I do some consulting for them.   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:57:13 AM by nick »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
I'm actually diabetic and even with that on file I've had some pharmacy workers give me grief
BUT
it is corporate policy and under the pharmacist who works there control of they wish to sell them
It is very rare to have any trouble but it does happen

The policy is due to one of the Walmart owners son died of AIDS he got from sharing needles; its a lesser known fact but it is true.

Take care and good luck
Never use dirty needles and try to not even reuse them on yourself
I know that is hard sometimes but damn the risk is high for disease!

Take care
Also Rite Aid is also this way most places
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 07:58:24 AM »
http://harmreduction.org/

http://exchangesupplies.org/

With companies,whatever the corporate policy,you're still dependent on the pharmacist on duty.

The two links above are to,firstly the harm reduction coalition.Their resource guide lists a whole bunch of services including NX.

If you don't have an NX near you the second link is to exchange supplies(who will ship globally) and they're about as good as an NX supply company can be-in the interests of transparency,I do some consulting for them.

my experiences with exchangesupplies has always been fantastic. I want to say the great guy Ive dealt with is named  Andrew, but Im not positive. I'd second the recommendation for them for anyone looking for syringes or filters. the universal filters they have are absolutely fantastic. very cheap and very effective.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
Yeah,it's Andrew. It's a measure of the place that they were prepared to hire an our front addict like me as a consultant-you'd be surprised how so many harm reduction groups won't hire actual users.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
Where I live in s. Florida specifically Broward and Dade counties you absolutely must have a script for all synringes, even in emergency situationw any legitimate  pharmacy  won't hand over a few to hold u over, but if u drive 15 minutes north of your house and enter palm Beach county, you can buy your choice of needle and syringe.. stupid county ordinances.. and they had a bix expose about the uptick in aids cases and can't figure out why... hahah they shut down the pill mills and everyone went to herpin and eventually shooting...

Talk to yall soon

Edit: I'm diabetic  aswell as a shit ton of other probs
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:31:29 AM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
Where I live in s. Florida specifically Broward and Dade counties you absolutely must have a script for all synringes, even in emergency situationw any legitimate  pharmacy  won't hand over a few to hold u over, but if u drive 15 minutes north of your house and enter palm Beach county, you can buy your choice of needle and syringe.. stupid county ordinances.. and they had a bix expose about the uptick in aids cases and can't figure out why... hahah they shut down the pill mills and everyone went to herpin and eventually shooting...

Talk to yall soon

Edit: I'm diabetic  aswell as a shit ton of other probs

On time in the keys I had that very problem
Couldn't get anymore then the ten I had and had to reuse those for insulin while I was on vacation even though Walgreens had my insulin on file because of those county laws (dade)
I was shocked to say the least!

It's horrible that they follow some federal laws and then not others, pick and choose bastardized system!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions