Core Topics > Suicide and Ideation

Who's Up for Service on an Addict Version of Lifeline ?

(1/4) > >>

smfadmin:
enter who, date range and times:

You DD-MM-2014 17:00-02:00

makita:
I LOVE this idea!  I dont know if Im personally stable enough for it at the moment but I would love to help out in the future.

Suggest there be some kind of training, even if its bare bones, from someone who has done suicide line work before (even a website would do).

Chip:

--- Quote from: makita on August 09, 2015, 09:04:51 AM ---I LOVE this idea!  I dont know if Im personally stable enough for it at the moment but I would love to help out in the future.

Suggest there be some kind of training, even if its bare bones, from someone who has done suicide line work before (even a website would do).

--- End quote ---

i doubt if many of us are really stable and emotionally equipped for such a role but we wanted to put it out there ... suicide is an under-discussed issue for people "in our line of recreation".

the best we can do for now is to scan this forum for anyone that's struggling with this - and to reply promptly.

i see it as one of those no-go areas that WE HAVE TO GO TO.

as someone who has attempted suicide, it's got to be of some help ... hell, just even talking about it is a major step forward for some poor isolated user that's down on their luck.

Narkotikon:
Great idea.

My first thought was an addict falling down and pressing a button though. 

_Enduser:
Someone could start training by chatting with me.....

I was, fucked with, last week and honestly I'm pretty down about it.  Just constantly upset, emotions moodswings and stupid thoughts, random fits of crying, I could use a conversation with someone in real time as my mind is veering to bad places and I believe the support of someone with credibility in this game could be crucial!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with dopetalk. To register, please click here...
Go to full version