dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Refugee Crisis : Europe or Die ....  (Read 18976 times)

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Refugee Crisis : Europe or Die ....
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:29 PM »
Vice doc all parts Europe or die.  Must watch. Heartbreaking

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

Re: Refugee Crisis : Europe or Die ....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

This thread is about the massive exodus of refugees towards the European continent which reached a record high this summer. Most of the refugees are from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan but there are also black refugees from various drought and war striken African countries.

America who has a huge hand in causing this has said we will help with taking 8,000 refugees from Syria ...
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/08/25/434576046/u-s-to-accept-up-to-8-000-syrian-refugees-next-year

I will be posting updates on the subject here. Feel free to join if you have related information of interest.

- The Dutch cabinet asks its municipalities to make available more shelter places for refugees: http://www.elsevier.nl/Nederland/ach...ngen-2677509W/

- Belgium asks the (smaller) municipalities to contribute more in the distribution of refugees in shelter centers. The trend is metropoles housing the largest number, but one mayor of such a metropole has already stated that his city can't take more refugees and that smaller municipalities located on the outskirts must also help. By October Belgium hopes to see its shelters risen from 16.200 to 28.173: http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150828_01838132

- 71 (poss. Syrian) refugees found dead by asphyxation in cooling truck left behind for 24h on Vienna (Austria) highway: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QW19H20150827

- Eastern Germany not happy with Merkel's helpful hand in refugee crisis calling her a traitor and burning refugee shelters: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...w-attacks.html

- 4 out of 5 Flemish think the country's limit for refugees has been reached, 1/5 thinks there's still some space left: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenl...e-vangen.dhtml

- 200 live, 200 die in new boat drama by Libyan coast. "At least one victim, a man, was wearing a life vest. ": http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/migrant...ibya-1.3206760

- Slovakia opts out of European help operation saying unfortunately it doesn't have enough mosques: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...European-Union

- Rows at Belgian Foreign Affairs office keep growing. Services distribute leaflets with instructions for asylum seekers...in Dutch: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20150825_01832955

- And finishing with a column from http://www.sunnation.co.uk/we-didnt-...shing-the-job/
Parent Post
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
my only question is are they likely to assimilate into the host country's society ?

my refugee friend says to take them but at what cost ?

I hope it ends well. what about ISIL infiltrators ?

well, it could happen. and where are their jobs coming from ?

a dangerous experiment, far from ideal.

These guys feelings towards religion are a HUGE deal to them, unlike, say, our cultures.

i say give everybody a chance but i see so much potential for problems arising from religious incompatibilities later down the track ...

HOPE I AM WRONG, I REALLY DO.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:10:55 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:52:07 AM »
Wow St T-- thank you for this, I want to learn more. Just this morning (around 5am EST), I watched a segment on CNN about refugees being turned away from Germany. The camera showed people (babies & kids too), crammed into buses, walking, and helping fellow refugees who had no legs by pushing them in wheelchairs. All they're looking for is something I often take for granted--safety. This is hard stuff to watch, but I appreciate you posting it.

I look at a lot of media (esp CNN) w/a skeptical eye, but they even showed German folks along the way giving the refugees water, blankets etc, who said they're doing so in protest of their governments decision to turn the people away. The refugees were saying they *can't* go home b/c of the dangers & to be turned away leaves them with no safe options.

It broke my heart to see just the little I did. I feel like I need to open my eyes more & i'm gonna start w/your links. I don't know the answer(s), but what does it say about us as fellow human beings if we do nothing? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »
I'm glad a few of you guys took notice. :)

Yeah it's a huge deal in Europe. My friend in Sweden says that it's a cluster fuck, so many of the migrants want to be in Sweden or Germany because of the economy in those places. She said locals are really upset at the lack of preparation and that the disorganization and disorder is really turning into a hatred for the migrants.  Those close to the centers are hearing noise and fights all night, rise in crime and prostitution.  So there's little sympathy from those being directly effected. Plus Some are suspicious of isis infiltration...

The refugee centers are in deplorable conditions and aid that brings them toiletries and such gets taken by hangs and resold to the already poor refugees. On top of that their are so many children with no parents, and they are at risk of being taken advantage by pedophiles.

Muslims are now converting to Christianity just to get asylum in Germany.   

One thing that is clogging up the centers at the border type centers is that if you get into Bulgaria or Greece, you have to claim asylum there and live and work there. You cannot choose what Europe country you'd like to go to.

It's sad and idk what to do. I have no money to help but am looking into it it's possible To host a family.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »
Just gotta say: Awesome work to Dick & Bush, fukin' dbags destabilized the whole freakin' middle east, and for what fucking reason, cos Saddam had WMDs? Bullshit. As bad as he was, we shoulda stayed the fuck out of it, and many of us knew it.

Maybe we could turn Dick & Bush over to IS? Bet that'd learn 'em.. We should waterboard them first, just to see what they have to say.

What a nightmare, just unfuckingreal. I bet Cheney pops popcorn while watching Fox coverage of this mess, dude is one seriously evil SOB.

Nice work to the GOP, brilliant fucking mess you've created here. Just fuckin' peachy.

:(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:29:00 PM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Seven

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Seven is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 31, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 11:39:45 PM »
Just gotta say: Awesome work to Dick & Bush, fukin' dbags destabilized the whole freakin' middle east, and for what fucking reason, cos Saddam had WMDs? Bullshit. As bad as he was, we shoulda stayed the fuck out of it, and many of us knew it.

Maybe we could turn Dick & Bush over to IS? Bet that'd learn 'em.. We should waterboard them first, just to see what they have to say.

What a nightmare, just unfuckingreal. I bet Cheney pops popcorn while watching Fox coverage of this mess, dude is one seriously evil SOB.

Nice work to the GOP, brilliant fucking mess you've created here. Just fuckin' peachy.

Obviously you just dont love freedom the way bush and cheney do.  Sheesh.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »
^^^^ absolutely Opus.  You know, I remember exactly where I was when Bush came on TV to announce the invasion. It was a Sunday afternoon around 1:30 PM & a bunch of us had gotten together for lunch.  Not even gonna bother with all the flip-floppng about if the WMD's intel was false etc etc.

For crying out loud, I was only enlisted and even *I* was taught one of the basic rules of any engagement is "know your enemy". I wish with all my heart that someone in the brain trust that thought this great plan up had realized that we didn't have a clue about the ripple effects to the entire world.

I doubt Bush would've listened though. Such blatant disregard of a very foreign (to US) culture and ideology and how that impacts human life has hurt our own soldiers and this ripple effect will likely continue for years to come.   :(

ETA: Seven...I know right? Lol back then we were the shrooms & the media was what it often is ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:57:34 PM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 02:04:31 AM »

All differences aside ( which really isn't much just personal I guess ) this post says it all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline razor girl

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • razor girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 10, 2015, 05:42:32 AM
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 02:23:04 AM »
Chops is right, the US started this mess and Europe will pay the price.  One interesting thing I read yesterday is that the reason Germany is the only (or one of the very few) country taking in lots of immigrants is that it is now about 10% Turkish immigrants, who for the most part have assimilated pretty well and that they need new sources of labor to keep the economy running despite a rapidly aging German population.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Paups, Than, Chemboy, Eon, Poonwalla, Southern Belle, Dr. McKay, LA Lifer, Entropy, Antigonemuse, Catmouth, Gold 'n Diemonds, Inspektah Dek, Goagirl and all the others taken far too soon.

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:24 AM »
Oh there's been a fourth "chemical " explosion in China ....what's up with that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 03:12:05 AM »
This is sad, however, the recent media coverage brings up a shit ton of more issues and opens the pandora's box of the immigration problem Europe has been dealing with for, a much longer time than this has been in the news.

My concern is this; all of these accommodations and calls to action are being made NOW for the migrants who have left recently and arrived in Europe recently.  However, there are shit tons of refugees holed up in appalling conditions that have been in CAMPS in their entry country for nearly half a decade without having gotten their papers.  So the newly arrived migrants from Syria+Iraq get the press and then Europe reacts accordingly, for them.  But what about the refugees and immigrants who have been holed up in (largely) Greece for many years without papers.  The newly arrived Syrians are just going to walk on by and onto Europe while these cats lay in wait another 10 years?

To me, the recent "relaxation" of EU migration laws for the refugees is a huge slap in the face to the millions of refugees that have been stuck in appalling camps throughout the Mediterranean FOR YEARS.  Like, the flow of migrants has been steadily increasing from already unsustainable numbers for a long ass time; why temporarily rescind the EU entry laws now?

Also, I saw the "volunteers" on CNN too, oh yay Media HAS to step in and show these fantastic benevolent white people helping make the worlds problem better!  For every volunteer helping the refugees, there are maybe 20 extremely angry and xenophobic locals up in arms with far right militias chasing and beating (and murdering) the refugees......
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:20:13 AM by _Enduser »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 02:34:20 AM »
This is fucking scary...I don't like how the article is written (smacked? More like punched. This girl got her ass beat. Smack is an understatement), but you guys have to watch the video   

This migrant crisis is very scary, and this video is exactly what a lot of other people were scared of happening...

http://toprightnews.com/muslim-teen-doesnt-like-what-this-girl-is-wearing-seconds-later-he-does-the-unthinkable/

I'll try to get a video embedded from YouTube. 

This is an article / video about a woman in Finland, who was approached in the street by a group of young Muslim men who Enforced sharia law basically and let her know they thought she was dressed like a whore. She had a t shirt on she said to fuck off and the man punched her, then beat her ass, kicked punched and called her a whore while others laughed.

Very saddened by this.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:39:04 AM by St. Theresa »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 02:37:11 AM »

Here's just the video. The report says she told the guy to fuck off after he told her she was dressed like a whore.

Unfuckingbelievable
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 03:15:17 AM »
Rotterdam is in the Netherlands

Either way the solution is the same, without processing people and putting them in any sort of system somewhere somehow, you won't ever be able to keep tabs on the more radical elements.  M16 (British Intelligence) is notoriously good at creating fake "honeypot" radical groups to watch extremists.  You can't really do this though until you process people and assign them citizenship through asylum and other institutional avenues.  So Europe really should be concerned with the crisis because of the options it has restrained itself to use; the origin laws simply aren't working thanks to the relative poverty of my fellow Greek countrymen

It goes without saying most of the flames of extremism are fanned by the stateless situation these individuals find themselves in.  Okay so they're broke living in tents and shit, most likely wondering "what if" and that "what if" is "what if I instead went to live inside the Islamic state" then watching all their bullshit propaganda.

IDK I don't forget that at some point Greeks watched a huge portion of my people (Greeks from Asia Minor) drown and die trying to escape to the mainland after programs, so If I wasn't able to call myself a passport holding American and entitled to all the rights this affords, I'd become extremely radical.  I can't claim national affiliation without a passport, and I'm less likely to love the land that destroyed my family's relative wellbeing, so where ideologically would I drift?  This leaves extreme religion as an attractive option
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:22:54 AM by _Enduser »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions