dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies 5 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies  (Read 11597 times)

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
Re: What are you watching at the moment? Suggestions for TV shows and movies
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 11:55:42 AM »
I forgot about Broad City and Inside Amy Schumer.  I love those. 

I like a lot of the female comedians on Comedy Central.  Not so much the male.  They're always so juvenile and frat-guyish.  Shit like Workaholics.  Just stupid IMO.  And I loathe Daniel Tosh. So not funny to me. 

I also like Another Period a lot.  It's absurdly funny.

Dawg Tosh.0 makes me so violently angry if I walk into someone's house or dwelling and Tosh.0 is on in any capacity I NEED to leave immediately.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
If you liked snatch
Check out rock n rolla
I love Guy Ritchie.
Most off his stuff.

I know it's corny
But
Gilmore girls is really good.
Think you might because of the single mom.
I am not a patent or a girl but I love that show. Kinda dated 2000s and I don't see how they are going to bring it back. I just love that show.

Four Lions super funny.exit through the gift shop. Justified (t.v show)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:28:04 PM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 11:16:33 PM »
Louis Theroux Documentaries (they are almost all on youtube and almost all fantastic. id start with the brothel, gambling or americas medicated kids episodes first)
Keeping Up Appearances
Moon (the sam rockwell flick)
The Knick is absolutely phenomenal and I cant wait for the new season. check that out if you are into period pieces or drug addicted doctors.

and I cant recommend the documentaries Florida Man and American Juggalo enough. they are by the same guy who has a few more great docs on vimeo, ones a full length feature about a small town that basically became completely devastated by oxy. its called Oxyana.
heres Florida Man and Juggalo respectively.

and this weird funny aussie movie I saw years ago that no one else has ever heard of.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:36:17 PM by neighbor »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
I really liked this thread and thought I should bust out the defibrillator on it after watching the first 2 seasons of power on starz. Has anyone else watched it? It's pretty good it's kind of reminds me of the wire but they replaced the depth, and most of the other things that made it so real, and good with drama and the usual tv series stuff. It's about one of the biggest drug dealers in NY who owns a night club, and it revolves around him and how he tries to maintain being a legit business owner despite being a huge drug dealer. If you guys watch stuff on your computer starz is doing a free week trial so you can catch the first 2 seasons the 3rd season starts next week.

Has anyone heard anything about The Knick? That is one of my favorite shows but I don't know if they are going to make a 3rd season or not the first 2 were awesome and I'd recommend everyone to check it out. Are there any good movies, shows, or documentaries about drugs, addiction, or prison that you guys have seen? I like the show Lockup where they go to a bunch of different jails and prisons and talk to the inmates and stuff.

I just watched daredevil which is good, and Orange is the new black which I like a lot theres an Australian show called Wentworth that is kind of like orange is the new black, a female prison in Australia and the goings on it's on netflix too. I tried watching the Jessica Jones show but didn't finish the first season it seemed really stupid to me even though I love superhero stuff, the Luke Cage show that they are making looks badass though, he was the only part of jessica jones I liked. Anyone watch Gotham? That is definitely one of my favorites so is Better Call Saul.

Anyone have any recommendations for good movies, shows, or documentaries I am always looking for new stuff to watch. I watch way to much tv like way way to much it's sad but I really like movies and tv shows. I just rewatched Drugstore Cowboy because it's on starz and I have 5 days left of my free trial. That movie is so awesome, I think people who haven't seen it are weird especially if they are junkies. A lot of people haven't seen Candy with Heath Ledger, that is one of the best heroin movies ever made.

I would love to be able to go to a pharmacy and load up, that is my dream either that or a pill manufacturing warehouse, pick up a 50 gallon drum of pure oxyM powder with no filler. If it weighed 700lbs it would be 318 million mgs, so if you did 100 mg doses it would be 3 million doses. So if you dosed 5x a day it would last 1743 years hah. If it weighed 400lbs it'd last 993 years that's probably closer. Could you imagine?

I think My dream would be 5 50 gallon drums one of oxym, one of H, one of oxyC, one of xanax, and one of coke, That would be the life, live on an island and just chill.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

There has been some good sci Fi lately if you're in to that.  The expanse was breathtaking.  One of my favorite book series made into a show, and the show competes well with the book for a change.

Also dark matter.  It has a firefly kind of aesthetic, but the characters are mercenaries who lost their memories while in stasis travelling somewhere.  Sounds cheesy, but great writing and relatable characters made it awesome.  They use practical effects instead of green screening everything, and the result is perfect.

I have a bunch of shows that I want to watch, but don't have time for.  That's pretty damn rare.  Usually TV is pretty bland.  As for Gotham, I loved the first season and lot interest during the second.  I will try to pick it up again at some point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
Neighbor-

If you like Sam Rockwell he's done some unique and intersting parts. I like many of them and particularly enjoyed "Box of Moon Light" whith another oddball actor, John Tuturro. It also features Catherine Keener who I have always found especially appealing. I think that film is under-appreciated.

In fact, when you mentioned "Moon" that's what I thought you meant, not the one you did where he is a clone running a lunar mine.

You might also like "Choke" where he works as a "re-inactor" at a sort of "Colonial Williamsburg" who was raised by a crazy woman (Angelica Huston) who abducted him as a child and that thought he was a a descendant of Jesus (?).

He always takes really odd and complex characters.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline girojunkie

• Reputation Power: 2
  • girojunkie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 16, 2016, 11:48:09 PM
  • dopetalk.org
If you haven't seen Banshee then check it out.... basically about an ex con who assumes the identity of a sheriff....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Mr Robot season 2 came out.  Episode 1 hash: 2C0B02E384F5AFBF267C04A0F49A30FCF97F2D88

I also checked out stranger things on Netflix.  Crazy good.  Binge watched it while doing some airbrushing yesterday and today with the wife.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline smalls

• Reputation Power: 9
  • smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit
and I cant recommend the documentaries Florida Man and American Juggalo enough. they are by the same guy who has a few more great docs on vimeo, ones a full length feature about a small town that basically became completely devastated by oxy. its called Oxyana.
heres Florida Man and Juggalo respectively.

@neighbor Thanks for these recommendations! I saw Cam Girlz in the theater and loved it. They even had some of the gals featured in the film there for a Q&A. I had no idea it was made by the same guy who did Oxyana though. I just binge watched a bunch of his films and I think Oxyana and American Juggalo are my favs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
Mr Robot is good I just binged on the whole first season. You can get that on Amazon prime
The Mindy Project on hulu. Also on hulu The Path, it's got Jessie Pinkman from Breaking Bad.
The Jinx on HBO
Roadies on show time
Holy Rollers is a good movie about a xtcy ring in new York. Based on a true story
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
I liked the jinx that was good, I have been wanting to watch robot but havent gotten around to it, I know a lot of people like it. Banshee is also on my list of stuff to watch, I saw a scene and it looked good but haven't heard to much about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jonnyr3b

• SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • jonnyr3b is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2019, 09:53:44 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
I just power watched prison break. On season 4 I enjoyed it but can feel like it's repeating itself. Season 4 is lit though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:05 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
The Knick (series 1 and 2)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Griffin

I just recently rewatched all the seasons of prison break, its good. I stopped watching it when it was on tv because all the stupid cliff hangers but it wasn't so bad on netflix, it definitely repeats and has a bit of excessive drama but good none the less, I think it's funny if they would of just killed like 2 or 3 people they would of been set and made out season 2 but what's good tv without drama.

I really hope they make more seasons of the knick I have watched both seasons 3x already it's so good, and a new season is still up in the air I believe, and they have talked about not having thack in it and doing a completely different hospital, cast, and story probably close to the same time period maybe a decade later from what I understand but that is all just speculation. I don't think it has gotten renewed yet by cinemax.

I was pissed when they pushed the new planet of the apes movie out another year it was supposed to come out last month but they decided to have it come out this time next year because of all the super hero movies this year. I think it's called War for The Planet of The Apes, it has the setup to be an awesome movie, I love all the planet of the apes though even the mark wahlberg remake. The last 2 were so dope rise of the planet of the apes and dawn of the planet of the apes, the first scene of dawn is so sick them hunting elk. It's been about a year since I watched the old ones I might watch the first one again.

I just watched the new Mad Max Fury Road movie it was really good, honestly I thought it was going to suck. I watched the first 5-10 minutes and wasn't that into it when it first came out but I am glad I went back and watched the whole thing. I hate to admit this but I have never seen the original series, I just started the 1st one and am planning on watching it and the 2nd today. I watched part of beyond the thunderdome when I first heard they were making Fury Road and didn't like it so I never checked out the series until now.

The capt america movie was pretty good, I am looking to Suicide squad more than I was Civil War though, cant wait to see it. I thought the batman movie was okay but compared to what it should of been it sucked. They definitely screwed it up and am hoping they change the director. The only movie I have liked that Chris reeves has made is 300, I will be pissed if they let him do Justice League and the others if he messes them up too. I know a lot of people like watchmen but I haven't watched it I remember it sucking and me turning it off pretty quickly so I may go back and check it out.

I mean batman vs superman was good I just feel like it could of been amazing if someone like Christopher Nolan who did the christian bale batmans did it. I wanted someone new and a new storyline that wasn't the christian bale one but it seems lacking especially when it has so much potential. I feel the same way about his superman movies though too, it was hard to sit through the whole thing for me. I though Ben Affleck did a really good job with it, and was thinking he was going to be the reason I didn't like it so I tried to go in without expectations but was disappointed.

I would be totally down for another Christian Bale storyline sequel though, I dug all 4. I am stoked about the new bourne movie they are doing that was a good series, I watched the bourne legacy one at least 10 times over 2 days while in jail because it was the movie they gave us and I still like it, I watched Act of Valor more than that in jail for the same reason at least I hadn't seen it and it's good.

There was one cool CO who would let us watch movies on Saturday if he worked our pod, so 2 weeks of 3 I was in that jail he did and got us movies to watch. They had 2 TV's in the 80 person pod but you had to buy $120 headphones to listen to them, one was set to Spanish one was english they were probably 32 inch flat screens but they were 10 foot in the air and you had to be at least 12 feet away so it was hard to read the captions when they were turned on.

So the jail had 4 movies for all the pods on that floor to watch on Saturdays for the people who didn't have headphones and they set a little older tv up in the game room so that you could hear it if you went in to watch it. That they passed around and the CO got us the bourne movie from redbox, he was a legit nice person treated us like actual people. The movies were over the hedge, what happens in vegas, act of valor, the johnny depp charlie and the chocolate factory needless to say I won't ever watch those movies again I probably could rehearse them.

I watched them in Spanish probably 5x each, they would play it in English then Spanish and then ask to trade with another pod and do that again but one Sat. we didn't get to switch so Act of Valor was on repeat. There was one guard who was kind of a dick he didn't let us watch movies on sat. but he got me out of going to the hole so I was fine with it despite the fact he was a dick and treated almost everybody like they were dogs who just shit on his couch.

A week before I got out, everyone wasn't paying attention to the time cause we were watching movie and the guard wasn't in the pod to let us know it was almost 11. So right before it turned 11 everyone just bailed and ran to their bunk leaving all the chairs and tables out in the game room which is exactly what I should of done.

Instead my dumb ass figured they wouldn't let us watch movies the next week if everything was left out so I stacked the chairs and was on my way walking to my bunk when the Capt. walked by and saw me and another guy weren't in our bunk yet and it was 11:04 . So he made us sit outside while they packed up our stuff to move us to 23 hr lockdown.

When the capt, got finished writing our disciplinary reports and started taking us to ad. seg. the guard who was supposed to be in the pod watching us who'd been gone for at least a half hour came back, and asked us what happened. I figured I was screwed cause he was an ass but he decided to let me get off with a warning cause I was always respectful, but they made the other kid goto lockdown. I think the only reason he let me stay and the other kid go was because he was black. A similar thing happened at the last jail I was at they locked down a black kid and not the white one for doing the exact same thing.

To make matters worse I had only seen a tattoo on the kid I got in trouble with and that he was about my age. So the next day I asked another black guy if they let him back in thinking it was the kid who got in trouble with me cause he had a tattoo in the same spot and was the same age and height. So from then on all but one of the 7 black guys in my pod joked with me about being racist who thinks all black dudes look a like which was kind of funny but got annoying after a while. The other black dude was legit he just did 10 years of fed time and was funny as shit.

hah sorry for the random story that has nothing to do with this thread, I think I may have ADD or something... Do any of you guys like jamba juice? jk

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Just finished the Netflix original Stranger Things this morning. Pretty good, entertaining series. Can't wait for season 2. Currently watching the 2nd season of Penny Dreadful and it's alright.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline smalls

• Reputation Power: 9
  • smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 24, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »
Halfway through Limitless on Netflix. Good show. Funny and the case-of-the-week is usually about some crazy fringe science like optogenetics/false memories, bacteria that feeds off electricity, and super smart prosthetic limbs. Actually, the show kind of reminds me of Fringe but without the deep mythology. Some of the same actors are in it too like Blair Brown (Nina Sharp) and Georgina Haig (Henrietta).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions