dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Oh No!!!!! Lope is the new dope!!!!  (Read 14407 times)

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Oh No!!!!! Lope is the new dope!!!!
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
Everything that is wrong with the media's portrayal of addiction and addicts (and reality!) are in this article for your reading amusement and disgust!!!

There are a ton of things that are wrong with this article!  I hate the way that these articles are written...barely a sprinkling of truth!  Besides the fact that they refer to lope as the "poor man's methadone", they also say if you flood your brain with enough lope it will cross the blood-brain barrier.  Now, I might be wrong here (after all I'm just a dirty, little addict!), but I thought that a substance's ability to cross the BBB was contingent on the size of the molecule trying to pass through it along with it's solubility?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but shoving down waaay more lope then recommended will not help it cross the BBB, but WILL help you to shit rocks!!!

Anyway, enjoy this gripping story about the new dope called lope! :-*

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/08/a_poor_mans_way_to_get_by_opioid_addicts_turn_to_d.html
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
Re: Oh No!!!!! Lope is the new dope!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
AFAIK the thing about lop crossing the BBB, is that it does but only in very small amounts. If I take enough of that stuff, it'll pin my eyes. For me it's not worth chasing a high, but sometimes under the right circumstances, I do get a little loaded off the shit.

When I was taking it though, I started having problems in some of my muscles, legs mostly. It was cold and I was noticing that if I was walking a lot, sometimes my muscles would start hesitating to respond, or simply just not respond at all. For a little bit, I was convinced that it was the onset of some sort of neurological disorder and I was FREAKED the fuck out. It took a few years before I learned that some other ppl have reported similar symptoms with high-dose lop use. Makes me wonder if its apparent interference with proper muscle function has anything to do with the heart-attacks that have been suspected to be related to heavy & extended lop use.

The legs seizing up thing really creeped me the fuck out. I'm not convinced at all that the shit is benign.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sickboy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 23, 2017, 01:40:39 AM
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:04:13 PM »
Ugh! The people in the comment section of that article are disgusting human beings.  Bunch of fascist pigs.  I'm equally disgusted with the former addict, how dare he break the drug users omerta!  How about the guy taking 700mgs a day?  That's just ridiculous!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."  T. S. Eliot

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 03:42:33 AM »
Lope is a messed up thing. But! Yes it's an opiate. No it's not methadone. Idiots.

Now if you want to get off the hating bandwagon and talk science...Lolleedee is essentially correct. It does cross the BBB (blood-brain barrier) but is limited by P-glycoprotein. If you administer lope with a P-glycoprotein inhibitor it will produce effects similar to a traditional opiate. I was previously repeatedly told that the lope molecule would need to be encased in some crazy thing to make it viable but this study confirms some of my suspicions otherwise.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1067/mcp.2000.109156/abstract;jsessionid=2801620980EA71B2B1EB7C1A3EE87BB3.f02t01

See Internet! Studies! Facts! How bout that hua!?

The study claims that 16mg of lope with 600mg of Quinine produced central respiratory depression. Now it's not a double blind human study but it's a start. First I think that's a low dose of, and I shutter to say this, "recreational" lope. Second, that's a lot of Quinine but not an unimaginable amount. And I'll just say this here, the max the FDA allows in a liter (to americans, a bottle) is 83 mg per liter if calculated by mass. So you better be really fricken thirsty or throw that idea out (P.S. if you haven't yet, throw the whole idea out right now regardless).

But, if you stop trying to make lope into heroin and try to think of a way to just make hydrocodone...I could see how you could get there...In theory...But, DON'T
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 04:22:51 AM »
Lope is a messed up thing. But! Yes it's an opiate. No it's not methadone. Idiots.

Now if you want to get off the hating bandwagon and talk science...Lolleedee is essentially correct. It does cross the BBB (blood-brain barrier) but is limited by P-glycoprotein. If you administer lope with a P-glycoprotein inhibitor it will produce effects similar to a traditional opiate. I was previously repeatedly told that the lope molecule would need to be encased in some crazy thing to make it viable but this study confirms some of my suspicions otherwise.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1067/mcp.2000.109156/abstract;jsessionid=2801620980EA71B2B1EB7C1A3EE87BB3.f02t01

See Internet! Studies! Facts! How bout that hua!?

The study claims that 16mg of lope with 600mg of Quinine produced central respiratory depression. Now it's not a double blind human study but it's a start. First I think that's a low dose of, and I shutter to say this, "recreational" lope. Second, that's a lot of Quinine but not an unimaginable amount. And I'll just say this here, the max the FDA allows in a liter (to americans, a bottle) is 83 mg per liter if calculated by mass. So you better be really fricken thirsty or throw that idea out (P.S. if you haven't yet, throw the whole idea out right now regardless).

But, if you stop trying to make lope into heroin and try to think of a way to just make hydrocodone...I could see how you could get there...In theory...But, DON'T

Yeah you could do all that or just take it on an empty stomach.  I've read a lot about lope and I feel the gut does a good enough job absorbing it without all the PPI's and Quinine.  That is just one dudes opinion though.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:25:26 AM by sickboy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:59:05 AM »
Everybody's different.

I've seen a guy guzzle a half gallon of vodka in 90 seconds who further went on to play world of warcraft and claim he wasn't drunk.

Now...drunk or tipsy or sober, he wasn't dead. That alone was impressive.

So I'm not saying someone can't take lope on an empty stomach and have it work. I think most of the people who have been around a while will and most of them have tried lope for themselves at some point will say, yeah, it does something, it's better then sick for withdrawals, in fact for almost a month I used to down a bottle of 72 2mg pills before work because shit it helped. But it's not a recreational drug at all. You don't get "high" from lope. It does have consequences. And it's best to just avoid this path and move on if at all possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
Time to go to the Dollar Tree and stock up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:29 AM »
Time to go to the Dollar Tree and stock up.

HaHa yeah, 5 dollars for a 72 count, can't beat those prices!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 11:14:19 AM »
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267633032_Cardiac_conduction_disturbance_after_loperamide_abuse&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj657LjptXOAhUELyYKHbdeAaMQFggUMAM&sig2=cjK6pxu-O3DIiWtOsOl1Vw&usg=AFQjCNHdv6gLIyI6pxUmI-CN-PmlPUmmcw

This is just one link
However there are plenty more
Both scientific and anecdotal
That loperamide at high doses or used over w long period of time
Can lead to cardiac arrest, arrhythmia, stroke, or other circulatory issues

I've had two different buprenorphine docs tell me they've had patients experience stroke/heart attacks
From taking as little as 40mg/day for a week

If you're in withdrawal,  even from a huge habit
You would not need more than 20mg spread throughout a day to ease your symptoms
Please don't get stupid with this stuff, it's very potent and useful for what it's approved for
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
Do they still sell the bottles where you are? They used to have bottles at the Dollar Tree, but switched to those blister packs with 12 in each. I might take them all out before I have any WD
symptoms. Imagine being really sick and trying to get each pill out? lol They don't
make it easy that's for sure  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »
Everybody's different.

I've seen a guy guzzle a half gallon of vodka in 90 seconds who further went on to play world of warcraft and claim he wasn't drunk.

Now...drunk or tipsy or sober, he wasn't dead. That alone was impressive.

So I'm not saying someone can't take lope on an empty stomach and have it work. I think most of the people who have been around a while will and most of them have tried lope for themselves at some point will say, yeah, it does something, it's better then sick for withdrawals, in fact for almost a month I used to down a bottle of 72 2mg pills before work because shit it helped. But it's not a recreational drug at all. You don't get "high" from lope. It does have consequences. And it's best to just avoid this path and move on if at all possible.

I think we are in agreement here.  Lope is definitely not recreational for me at all, I've never gotten high off them, I just got sort of close to being straightened out.  It most definitely took away a good portion of withdrawals for me but it always left me in a strange state.  It is to be avoided and it is not something I would advise unless someone was in a desperate situation.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 01:25:24 PM »
Do they still sell the bottles where you are? They used to have bottles at the Dollar Tree, but switched to those blister packs with 12 in each. I might take them all out before I have any WD
symptoms. Imagine being really sick and trying to get each pill out? lol They don't

Oh yes they do.  Bottles of 72 count for $5  and bottles of 48 count for $4 (2mgs tabs).  And oh yeah I've been there too, sitting at the buss stop, desperately pealing and prying open 48 individual little blister packs, while sweating a shriving like a fiend.  I could only imagine what the people around me were thinking. 

On a side note, I foolishly took 48 gel tabs once and it felt like they were burning a hole through my stomach. If there is one thing for the kides to take away from this thread,it should be to avoid the those gel tabs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sickboy

• Regular
  • AKA dopetalk.org
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »

I think many of the lope health issues comes from taking them everyday for lengthy periods with no breaks.  The half-life is so long, so there is a toxic build up that takes place.  I wouldn't do them for more then 3 days in a row with at least stopping for 24 hours.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 01:50:42 PM »
I second the notion, Avoid The Geltabs! At all costs!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
Ugh sounds lovely lol Its funny, when you think you're hiding it well...thats when you are most obvious. Learned that the hard way, like your bus stop adventure  :))

So if you had taken the tablets rather than the gel caps, do you think it wouldn't have burned your stomach? Thats awful...burning churning stomach on top of WD...oh thats terrible :/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions