dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Benedryl Withdrawal  (Read 13146 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Benedryl Withdrawal
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 19, 2016, 09:01:54 AM »
Jega I am using my benzos to get through the benedryl withdrawal, I haben't beel able to quit it the past 9 months because the w/d gets to bad and I don't make it past 36 hours. Ill start getting a head ache, and my stomach will hurt and feel queazy like I need to throw or cant, like the feeling you get after throwing up a bunch of bile and stomach acid it sucks.I am hoping that with the benzos I get through the hard stuff and don't have tot take them again because I have been taking 100-200mgs every day since last arpril for sleep and since quitting I amg getting some of my energy back and not feeling so lethargic allt he time.

I must wish my doc wouldn't of halved my script and told me to try to halv it on my own when at home. Like he gave me 30 but he wants me to try to only take 15, instead I should have 60 and trying to taper down to just using 30 a month.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »
Id like to co-sign the part that Thoms mentioned about Remeron... that med was the ONLY one that helped my sleep cycle to return to some form of normalcy after I'd cold kicked MD in the hoosgal.

But, Risperdal was a bit more HEAVY feeling and made me much much more groggy in the a.m.

Kinda like Depakote.

Also.... I think there is a Class Action Suit against the makers of Risperdal because it was causing suicidal tendencies amongst teens and young adults.

Just a heads up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 05:38:38 PM »
Depakote doesn't make me tired. I'm on 1000mgER  2x  a day and it doesn't make me sleepy...Then again almost nothing makes me sleepy short of something that can keep all ALL the chloride channels open on my GABAa receptor so exclude me.

I know this isn't the topic of the thread but my own experiences compel me to ask,

When you were using so much benedryl on a regular basis no less didn't you at least occasionally go into states of Delerium?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »
I haven't read al the replies so apologies if I am making redundant suggestions.

I suspect tht fewer and fewer doctors will be writing long-term benzo prescriptions from now on. My expereince has been continuous cutbacks in number and strength. A couple years ago my buprenorphine doctor was giving me 3 then 4 mg of Xanax a day. The next doctor made it 2 mg/day then cut me off cold turkey although was shwing no signs of abuse. My current cotor gave me a small (6-20) monthly script of Ativan after my sister died although recenty I think he mistakenly gave me 30 and put that in his notes and each month he just checks the previous month's notes and refills the 'scripts the same way.  However he is adamantly opposed to giving me Xanax or Klonopin.

I think this is the overall trend. Benzos are recognized as dangerous and addicting now.

As far as quitting Benadryl I am surprised it is so difficult. It seems to me that as addicts we are just so conditioned to expect the worst with any withdrawal we believe it is going to be as bad as opiate withdrawal and our brains make it worse than it actually is.

If I were trying to kick something and that kick was keeping me from sleeping I'd just tell my regualr GP that I was having a very difficult time falling asleep and could s/he write me a script for some Ambien or something until it passes? S/he knows you are cutting back on the benzos which can cause insomnia so you shouldn't have to offer any big fabricated explanation. DO NOT mention kicking Benadryl or it will make things worse   You will be sen as a serail poly-drug abuser.

Once again if you want to keep using benzos you CAN buy etizolam on line and they will do the trick. I get them for $7 for a strip of 10 X 1mg tabs, regualr or mouth dissolving. They aren't all that euphoric but they do work just like regualr benzos and are just as dangerous. I don't think I am reaking any rules if I tell you that I can help you find a legit vendor if we only discuss it in private email. Legal everywhere but Arkansas, Alabama and Mississippi.Having ANY benzo script will explain benzos in a UA so you can take them like candy and your couple legit Ativan will explain it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 09:06:23 AM »
Yeah they cut me down to 30, I had originally been on 2mgs of xanax 2 a day before this doctor he started me on 1 mg of xanax. As far as the benedryl withdrawal goes I think its over, Last one I took was monday morning and got my benzos Tuesday morning and had my last dose of ativan last night and woke up feeling fine, so I think I got past the initial bad part of it. I think you guys are right that I was expecting worse, its the 24-36 hours that sucks and when I'd wake up before taking benzo and md i'd be extra shaky cold and nauseous but NOTHING bad or like opiate w/d.

I don't think I will be taking benedryl again and hope for the best, I am trying to find melatonin and velerian root to help but haven't had any luck finding htem. My counselor told me valerian root can cause a false positive for benzos on my UA to keep that in mind. Will the gc/ms part of the UA show that im taking etiz and not ativan, since I am not getting xanax and more since it has a break down of which drugs it tests for (about 15 total) and the amounts of my system, and I am only allowed to have what I am prescribed which is the done and the benzo.

Maybe if it doesn't show as ativan I can say it was valerean root, fuckin asshole will probably stil take away my phase, i missed an appt tuesday was 40 minutes late so he dropped me down a phase so I have to go once a week and do a stupid group. Damn doctors always trying to cut me off I don't htink I am ever going to get more benzos now, I knew the second he asked me how much methadone on I was on I should of lied because he used that as his excuse for not letting me have 60. Guy was being an asshole to his nurse right before so I am not surprised he cut me.

Jega no delirium I never took upwards of 250 mgs I double dosed my done after I first started and had almost no tolerance and took benedryl and had some mild hallucination and all around weirdness talking to people who weren't there etc. i made a thread a while back because I didn't realize i double dosed and thought I was going through some sort of schizophrenia type thing..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions