dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: cigarettes  (Read 18200 times)

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
Re: cigarettes
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
That first cig in the a.m.
Is so fucking good

And the one
Right after a meal
Just seems like
A meal isn't complete without

I smoke
Marlboro black 100's
Sometimes 1 pack
Will last
1&1/2 days
But if I'm high
I can smoke 3 packs a day

When I was in college
I smoked
Camel non-filter
No one ever
Asked to bum a cig 😝
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:23:38 PM by Daughter of Dionysus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
Never forget that tobacco kills us more readily than illicit drug use.

less is more lifespan.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline DiacetylKineval (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • DiacetylKineval is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 26, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
  • you can speak your mind but not on my time
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
Untrue. Tobacco has more stats from killing longterm users per year, yet has a vast majority of users compared to the death ratio. There are many, many alternatives to death, that one has many years to make the decision about. And even if one decides to die using tobacco, their quality of life may only suffer in the last few years. But an overdose can kill one at a moments notice. Being strung out and insane can lead one to make decisions their soul may regret. Speaking personally, i have enough anxiety and mood swings, that even thinking about quitting has led me to horribly self destructive moods/decisions. Once i was so worried about the longterm effects of smoking that i tried to cold turkey tobacco by using a bunch of methadone pills. And i cant even recall the amount of times that nicotine withdrawal while using other drugs lead me to intense mania, whether i was attempting an honest quit, or simply ran out of cigarettes.

Im not suggesting that everyone deals with the same mood swings i do, or that quitting is a bad thing. But i believe that in alot of cases tobacco is the lesser of evils, can assist with the removal of other addictions, and can be survived after decades of use, unlike many other substances.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
vaping is so much better. It tastes better, it's healthier, and cheaper. I haven't smoked in years, and I vape all the time. Honestly, cigarettes taste/smell like shit to me now. I can't believe I used to smoke.

That being said, it sounds like the FDA is going to fuck vaping up something fierce, within 2 years. Big tobacco and the FDA are old pals, and there's too much money that's not going to them, and instead going to small businesses that actually care about their cutomers and their craft, the FDA and big tobacco can't have that. They want the $$, and they want to make sure they kill all the small businesses that are doing so well under the umbrella of this new-ish industry. America, the land of big businesses that have incestual relationships with federal agencies, all obsessed with greed while having ZERO regard for welfare of it's people. But yeah, god bless the USA, lol.... The USA is disgusting nowadays, I wish I didnt' live here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
Yeah, Dizzle, you're right, the USA has some pretty grimy shit going on these days, what with corporate and government cronyism, but where else would you live?

Personally, I'd love to at least visit Namibia or maybe South Africa to see if I'd like to live there. Second choice would be Costa Rica, but it's getting expensive there because of so many US and European ex-pats.

You know, big tobacco has the opportunity to make some big bucks off vaping, by just producing the products themselves. Shit, the nicotine that's in the e-liquid is extracted from tobacco, not synthetically produced, AFAIK.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Opiophelia

• Opiophelia is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 27, 2016, 07:27:37 PM
  • Nip is a helluva drug
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »
There are a few companies making "TFN" Tobacco Free Nicotine in vg/pg form. I prefer the TFN e-liquids... They have a better taste. But @dizzle is right. The FDA will ruin vaping. Their new Pre Market tobacco application process is ridiculous and will kill off over 90% of current vape companies. And that's what they want.

What I don't understand is why big tobacco doesn't get try to make mods, and atomizers, and tasty e-liquids. Vaping is an $8 BILLION (yes billion) per year industry. They want a piece of that but don't want put in the R&D to create novel new vape products. Instead they continue to make their shitty cig-a-like e-cigs that don't work to help people quit. At least for me, I wasn't able to quit cigs til I found a good sub-ohm setup and good e-liquid I wanted to vape all the time. Anyway I could ramble on for days. I'm passionate about this stuff. I was more than halfway thru the process to buy a vape shop when the FDA regs came down. Kinda ruined my 5 year plan 😕
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »
I once gave the cigs up for quite a few months but now i am still smoking and really want to give them up.

I have lots of time to get bored and restless and this triggers the  desire to smoke.

I plan to give them up really soon but what upsets me is the damage already done.

it's the most addictive substance i have ever come across.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DiacetylKineval (OP)

• DiacetylKineval is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 26, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
  • you can speak your mind but not on my time
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
chip, the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself is worry that youve done too much damage to yourself from past smoking. nothing is gonna lead to pick up another pack faster. personally, I believe that the negative effects of typical addictive drugs are highly propagandized, that time can heal, and even something as intangible as positive thinking and visualization of health can help. If youre going to subscribe to a life view that damns you, why care about quitting in the first place?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 11:37:29 PM »
DiaK, my grandfather died from smoking at 54 and I just feel guilty. With Heroin I never felt any guilt whatsoever and with tobacco we have confronting and scary anti-smoking ads on TV.

at least I can try to cut down but I love a smoke.

All these addictive drugs create a need where previously none existed prior.

a single cigarette is harmless and that's part of my problem ... at $30 a packet of cheap 40's it's cutting into my Meth bill, too  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 12:42:04 AM »
$40.00 for a pack? As in 20 cigarettes? Good grief...that's close what a carton (10 packs) cost ...give or take...when I quit several years ago...that's insane...but then again I've heard that in New York it's close to $20.00...

Chip you need to give vaping a try...if you find the right set up, you'll wonder why you didn't try sooner...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 01:09:03 AM »
I tried vaping but it cost too much for a decent device so I limped on using a cheap one and then gave up on the hassle.

That's a packet of 40 but regular cigs cost about $25-30 for 25. I think we pay the highest prices in the world and it's all tax that supposedly pays the hospital bills of sick smokers.

I do intend on revisiting the vases.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
Initial set up can be pricey...finding the right set up can be frustrating...but after I finally got it all straight...I buy e-liquid (4 ounces) maybe every 4 or 5 months (i just use the same flavor) and replacement atomizers about the same 4 or 5 months...and that costs me a little over $100 giver take... I use a simple set up...I know a lot of people really get into it making their own coils and use box mods...I just wanted easy and I swear the day I got it I never picked up a regular cigarette again...I had smoked for over 25 yrs and had a horrible smokers cough...that went away in 2 weeks...and I've only had 1 cold in over 3 yrs...

Add...I had started one of the quit smoking apps...I just checked it...since I quit smoking

I haven't smoked 50,960 cigarettes
Saving $ 13,249.00....of course this isn't figuring in what I spent on ecig supplies...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:47:19 PM by puppy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
Since I've been courting this lady, I've been very conscious of how nasty and gross smoking tobacco is. It makes your fingers smell bad, breath bad, and makes me cough up grey-colored phlegm. (as an aside, when I was smoking that EVIL Spice/K2 shit, my phlegm was BLACK! -  gross!)

So, after this pack is gone (there are five left) - I've been smoking Camel crush menthols lately, I'm going to try and vape exclusively. It's just that a "break" at work isn't the same puffing on a vape pen as it is on a real cigarette.

I don't even know if she knows I'm a smoker. Because I've never smoked around her.

I told her last night that I'm a recovering alcoholic, after her revelation that she is recovering from anorexia. I sure can pick 'em can't I?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 06:29:04 PM »
I just switched to stuffing my own tubes, actually thanks to moementum up there making the idea of how much money I could save roll around in my head for a wile, and now I'm spending .85 a pack. about 24-25 dollars a month. I can't fucking believe it.

And they taste way better then the cheap ciggs I've been smoking. I'm buying a brand called American Club, you can get it for as little as 10 dollars a pound online. it makes about 2 cartons.

But I'm sick of all this propaganda making us feel guilty for smoking. It's ridiculous. Do we feel guilty driving cars? Making a fire to keep warm? Yea we should be concerned about our health, But I'll be goddamned if it's anyone elses business. I understand Australia has universal healthcare so society feels like they're having to pay more because people smoke, but what about anything else that's a danger to your health? Do you shame people for rock climbing? For swimming in the ocean? No those things are viewed as healthy and natural, but they carry real danger. As does just getting in your car everyday to go to work, not to meantion affecting other peoples health, and that of your childrens childrens children. I guess they do on some levels, but no where near as with tobacco.

I fully understand the risks involved, my mom has copd from smoking. She can barely breath, it's sad, but it was her choice to smoke. She still fucking smokes, even with me pleading her not to. But it's her choice and i'm not going to shame her because of it. That's just wrong.

Chipper, is it like america there where they tax pipe tobacco differently? The reason I'm paying .85 a pack vs, 3.38(which is the cheapest at my local smokeshop, but they're a little expensive) is largely tax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »
I've been smoking since I was 13 and I'm now 40, so almost 2/3 of my life. I've tried quitting, usually half-heartedly. I do have a vape pen, which I like a lot but I've found that I just turned it into my indoor/car habit & still smoke cigarettes on top of it. The vape tastes way better, etc but I still crave regular cigs too. The e-liquid I usually buy is only 6mg nicotine, so maybe if I started buying the 12mg strength I would have more luck putting the cigarettes down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 20, 2016, 08:30:46 PM »
Omg I'm a dufuss, It's actually 1.08 a pack not .85. I failed to realize I'd need two boxes of tubes per pound of tobacco.

Vaping just never did it for me. I tried to like it, I really wanted to, but it just cant replace my smokes. I'm not just addicted to nicotine, it's the whole ritual, the feel, the smell, its just a comfort thing. I love my cigs. Vaping just isn't nearly as satisfying.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:44:08 PM by 6-mam »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions