dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: At what time do you prefer to be dosed with Methadone ?  (Read 15351 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
At what time do you prefer to be dosed with Methadone ?
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »
Lately, i have been trying different times after a LONG time dosing in the early morning but tapering means that i lose sleep and i hate that.

so what time do you guys on the 'done prefer to be dosed ?

I have been aiming for between 4-7 PM lately and it's been okay so far.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: At what time do you prefer to be dosed with Methadone ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
I keep tomorrows dose right next to me on the bedside table ....

Upon my first awakening I roll over and down that fucker with no hesitation.

As I begin to feel my body soaking it in, and my mind receding away from the depressing thoughts that greet first thing every day. I rise. Like a Phoenix from the Ashes.

I was split dosing there for awhile for better pain control. But I only seem to get so much millage out of MD before there isn't much besides Aleve (Naproxen hcl) that even seemingly helps out some with the CP issue .

No way I could hold out until that late in the day. Damn Chips, that's crazy.

Ps- Cmon Chips youve lost plenty sleep in your life I'm sure. What's a little more.

🌛☀
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:03:05 PM by Snoop »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
True that: i have lost a bit of sleep but not from early, slight withdrawl.

because every second week I have to see the doctor and i get dosed there around 4 pm so it's more routine if I stick with that time.

I used to split dose but twice a day became a management headache.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:31:46 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »
I keep mine next to my bed, and dose within an hour of waking up usually so between 4-9 most of the time. It usually takes about 15 minutes of me holding the thing to muster up the courage to drink the nasty vile. I don't mind the taste at the clinic but the take home bottles doses are horrid. I have been on it almost 3 years and it still grosses me out I take gummy vitamins after to get rid of the after taste.. The clinic said its the tap water that makes it taste bad in the take home doses since I clean my bottle.

In other news my counselor went to a different clinic because even though he'd been at this one 10 years they don't pay him dick and he is owed a raise from years ago still, and he hates all the bs policies. He was an awesome counselor and it was nice having someone agree with you on all the bs going on in the justice system, state, and at the clinic. I am now with the clinic coordinator who is the biggest asshole imaginable and I was supposed to get my 2 weeks at a time phase 2 weeks ago but he hasn't turned it in still. Can't wait until they get a new counselor.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »
I see. The best thing about morning dosing is that you don't have to carry the stuff around with you.

Since I started arvo dosing I have been sleeping better - as a fast metaboliser, the lack of MD would wake me early and stop me from sleeping in and the dosing time would get pushed forward a bit every day

anybody else care to share ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 10:32:35 PM »
@Griffin..When you said you wash your bottle, does that mean you reuse the same bottle for your takehomes?  Our takehomes are in single use, sterile plastic bottles with a lid that when it is screwed on deposits a "safety seal" over the mouth of the bottle.

I hope I am wrong because reusing plastic bottles for medicine sounds gross and not appropriate for medication.  Washing plastic never seems to get out lingering bad tastes in my opinion,
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »
@Griffin..When you said you wash your bottle, does that mean you reuse the same bottle for your takehomes?  Our takehomes are in single use, sterile plastic bottles with a lid that when it is screwed on deposits a "safety seal" over the mouth of the bottle.

I hope I am wrong because reusing plastic bottles for medicine sounds gross and not appropriate for medication.  Washing plastic never seems to get out lingering bad tastes in my opinion,

That's how they were at my clinic too. And we were required to bring them back and throw them away in front of the dispensary nurses before they would dose us.
As far as time of dose, I always liked splitting my take homes. Got better pain control that way. I wasn't real stuck on a certain time though. I forgot to take my dose more times than I can remember over the years and always felt fine. Until I realized I hadn't taken it that is... Then without fail the w/d would kick on immediately. The mind is a powerful thing lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
@Dopeless Hopefiend We have to throw them out in front of the dispensing nurse too.  I asked once why and was told it was part of their "diversion control" plan.  I guess it never occurred to them that you can easily just dump the dose in another container and bring back the empty bottles....but I digress! lol

Also, I usually dose sometime between 2am-6am..whenever I get up to pee is when I usually drink it,,except for Friday when I pick up then I dose at 6am when the clinic opens....just because that is the most convenient time for me, not because I don"t feel well and am in a hurry to dose!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
I split - 26mg in the am, usually between about 7 and 9; and then the second half (another 26) maybe around 3. Sometimes earlier or later depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm doing. I started splitting cos I wasn't sleeping well and it's definitely helped..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 11:29:14 AM »
@Dopeless Hopefiend We have to throw them out in front of the dispensing nurse too.  I asked once why and was told it was part of their "diversion control" plan.  I guess it never occurred to them that you can easily just dump the dose in another container and bring back the empty bottles....but I digress! lol

Maybe diversion control means not busted for a patients bottle windig up in somebody else's hands.  It's surprising how many people here sell their methadone in the original bottle with a full sticker on it.  Natural selection?

I split dose.  I worked rotating shifts for years, and I would often wake up early feeling of from the done.  Split dosing makes it less bumpy for me.  I have enough extra that I can go to the pharmacy morning or night and not dose later than normal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 01:27:11 PM »
Unfortunately we have to reuse the same disgusting plastic bottle over and over, new bottles are $10 each so if you forget yours or need a new one they charge you $10 per bottle they will give you new lids every now in then for free but not bottles unless you get a phase increase and don't already have them, so if you ever get 2 weeks at a time you can't get anymore for free.

I haven't gotten 2 weeks at a time since last march(2015) before I got arrested and when I was telling her that I should have gotten my phase the nurse expected me to have all the bottles from last year and if the cops wouldn't have stolen them from me I would of had to pay for 7 new bottles $70 for $1 worth of bottles its a scam they are the same cheap ass ones every other place uses its disgusting. Some people don't wash theirs and they are stained completely pink I don't know how people do it it grosses me out.

I had no idea that other clinics gave you new bottles each time I figured most are just as money hungry as mine. A new bottle is the right thing to do, I mean I wish there was a more environmentally friendly option like not having to throw plastic away every day but using the same gross ass bacteria and germ laden bottle for years is not right. I take my dose rinse it out and let it air dry but some people just throw them right back in their lockbox with liquid still in it I can't imagine the bacteria that is festering eww.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »
Holy fuck $10 a bottle? That's reconkulous!

My klinik just scrapes the labels off and re-cycles. The techs sit there and scrape the bottles when there's nothing else to do, you can tell they're bored out of their skulls when they're doing it too - kinda like folding napkins in food service gigs.

Ten dollars a bottle, that's just sheer craziness. Ima be transferring very soon and I seriously hope the new kilink isn't so anal, I've maybe become a little spoiled here in the yay area..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
10 dollars a bottle.  That's funny.  I offered to bring mine back to my pharmacy a while ago, and they told me they pay a nickel with a child proof lid.  It would cost them more to pay someone to wash them then it does to buy a new one.  God bless China.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:14 PM »
@Griffin  I am wondering if that is even a legal way to dispense medication in dirty ass bottles..especially when they contain liquid!  There must be regulations somewhere that spells out how they are to dispense medicine..to me this seems totally unhygienic!!!  Fuck the cost and shit...that is stoooopid!

If you can, post up a picture of what your bottles look like....if there the same as ours I will send you some un-used ones...I'm on a split so they throw empty bottles at me all day long!  Do you have the option of using a glass bottle?  At least those are easier to clean!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:33 PM »
I'll post a picture of my bottle tonight when I get a second, but they look like this pretty much(PS thanks chipper for showing me how to post images)

That's sweet lolleedee I have about 4 extras that I havent told them about from holidays so that I have some extra just in case and I will be getting 7 new ones for free when "the state signs off on my phase increase" so I should be good on them. You wanna hear something completely ridiculous about how they take this shenanigans a step further?

One guy scratched his label off in line and threw it in the trash, so that the nurse wouldn't have to, to speed up the process and help her out so she could just stick the new one on without having to take the other one off. She told him he had to buy a new bottle even though she saw him scratch it off, and he got the label out of the trash to show her that it was his bottle and that he just removed the label while walking up to help her out. She said that he is allowed to peel the edge up a little bit to make it easier for her but if you take it off completely they have no way of knowing if its from the clinic.

The nurse said she doesn't know if that is one of their methadone bottles and she has no way of knowing that if the label has been scratched off so she made him choose to go home and get another bottle or pay $10 for a new one, he didn't have the cash to buy a new one and didn't have time to go home for another bottle and not be late to work.

Luckily someone standing in line gave him the money for one since he saw everything go down and even though everyone in line was telling the nurse that they witnessed him take the label off that had his name that he got out of the trash she still made him buy another one or leave so he had to buy another one with money someone gave him. Even though these are just cheap plastic bottles, not some federal regulated medication bottle, the only thing that matters is that the lid is kid proof or whatever, some of the people who work at the clinic are basically terrorists

Another time a guy didn't have his bottle, he forgot it at home or lost it and he didn't have the money for a new one and didn't have time to get another one from home. So someone offered him their empty bottle, but since the label on the bottle wasn't his name he couldn't use the empty plastic bottle, and you can't take the label off or they make you buy a new one like what happened in the previous story. I swear they are just looking for way sto fuck people sometimes.

A few months ago, I had dosed before my counseling session and during the session my counselor let me know my phase got approved and so I went back to the dosing window and let the nurse know that I had already dosed but I didn't know I got my phase and she didn't tell me that I was supposed to have more take homes filled. So I should of gotten a weeks worth of take outs when I dosed but didn't, and she told me that since I had already dosed for the day she couldn't fill my take home bottles for the week and I'd have to come back the next day to dose again and then she could fill my take home bottles for the rest of the week instead of just filling them for me then so I didn't have to come back the next day.

After I restarted last year after getting arrested I needed to go up on my dose because I was on 280mg before getting arrested and they started me out at 10mg and I could only go up 5 every other day. So when I went to dose I wasn't allowed to go up again until the next day but I was getting 4 take outs that day because of a holiday so I asked if I could have the higher dose for the take outs and the lower dose for that day.

Well she didn't hear me ask if I could go up on my dose just for the take homes and take what I was allowed to that day, she thought I was trying to get my dose raised a day early, so she got mad and said since I was trying to trick her that she wouldn't raise my dose for the take homes and I'd just have to wait until I came back 5 days later to go up, and just to be a dick she had to inform me that if I hadn't tried to trick her that she would of had no problem raising my dose for the take homes. Even though I specifically laid out what I was asking and was polite about it because I wasn't sure if they were allowed to do that.

This is all one nurse though, she is sometimes sweet but at least once a week she is ball buster to everyone and just goes out of her way to try to screw people out of their dose I swear. I think everyone has had at least one time where they got screwed by her because she was having a bad day.

Like the time she didn't screw my lid on right and it spilled all over me and she wouldn't refill it even though it happened when I was walking out of the clinic and I had the red juice all over me, I almost lost a phase for "losing" my dose too over that even though they saw the shit happen. All because there was a long line so I was trying to get out of the way quickly so I didn't check the lids before walking away. Hah sorry that just turned into a total bitchfest about my clinic, I am sure all of you guys have had to deal with shitty clinicness.

Edit.. In case it wasn't clear they are just like the bottle in the picture above and the nurse prints off a new label for each dose with a label printer and sticks them on each take home bottle, the labels have your name, dose, date dispensed, date your supposed to take it, and all the other prescription label stuff, that she prints off with a sticker label printer. So you bring your bottles back each week and she sticks the new label on it after filling it so you keep the same bottle your whole mmt career unless you buy a new one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:01:26 PM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions