dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Six 2C-P ODs in Cork Prompt HSE Alert in Eire  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Dhedmo (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
Six 2C-P ODs in Cork Prompt HSE Alert in Eire
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:08:45 PM »
Six young people were hospitalized in Cork after overdosing on 2C-P, a compound of Phenethylamine & 2C.

2C-P was first  synthesized by Alexander Shulgin, godfather of psychedelics. The drug is Schedule I in the USA, Anlage I in Germany, a controlled substance in China and Schedule B in Denmark.
There is a very fine line between a safe dose and an OD. From Wikipedia:
In his book PiHKAL (Phenethylamines i Have Known And Loved), Shulgin listed 2C-P's dosage range as 6–10 mg and wrote that while most reports with dosages between 6 and 12 mg were favorable, "there was one report of an experience in which a single dosage of 16 mg was clearly an overdose, with the entire experiment labeled a physical disaster, not to be repeated."

In 2013 seven teenagers in Connecticut required medical assistance including defibrillation after ingesting 2P-C that had been sold as Molly at a concert. HLN (formerly Headline News) reported that four of the patients were released after being held overnight, while CNN quoted police descriptions as a "mass casualty event." Dosage was unknown/unreported.

The incident in Cork began when guardai found an naked, bleeding 18 year-old  by the side of the roadway on the south side of the city. Guardai and paramedics then entered a house where a party had taken place, finding a young man and woman unconscious. They were hospitalized, along with another three people who complained of feeling ill. The first man found remains in critical but stable condition in intensive care. Three others remain hospitalized in stable condition and the other two were released.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/hse-alert-as-six-hospitalised-after-drug-taking-at-house-party-1.2502300

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:24:25 PM by Dhedmo »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Re: Six 2C-P ODs in Cork Prompt HSE Alert in Eire
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »
From the wiki:
Effects
2C-P produces intense hallucinogenic, psychedelic, and entheogenic effects including open eye visualizations and closed-eye visualizations.[2] It can have a very slow onset if ingested, and peak effects reportedly do not occur for 3 to 5 hours.[2] The peak last for five to ten hours, with the overall experience lasting up to 20 hours. Some users reports that their 2C-P experiences have lasted anywhere between 10 to 24 hours, or even longer (up to 26 hours with a re-dose or supplemental dosages being taken after the initial dose[3] ) with higher doses between 16-20 milligrams as some users reported.[4]

Dosage
In his book PiHKAL (Phenethylamines i Have Known And Loved) , Shulgin listed 2C-P's dosage range as 6–10 mg and wrote that while most reports with dosages between 6 and 12 mg were favorable, "there was one report of an experience in which a single dosage of 16 mg was clearly an overdose, with the entire experiment labeled a physical disaster, not to be repeated." He cautioned readers regarding dosing with 2C-P by commenting that "a consistent observation is that there may not be too much latitude in dosage between that which would be modest, or adequate, and that which would be excessive. The need for individual titration would be most important with this compound." [2] 2C-P is one of the most potent compounds in the 2C family of psychedelics, rivaled only by 2C-TFM.

What an irresponsible move selling that to people.  With long lasting effects, a long time to peak, and a narrow range of therapeutic dosage, this drug seems like an overdose waiting to happen.  I couldn't even imagine expecting to roll, and instead having a too strong phsychedelic trip that lasts around 20 hours!  Whatever argument used to exist in the RC community that they were making available rare and hard to find drugs has been worthless for a long time.  Clearly it is all about the money now, and whatever brings in the cash will be what is done.If the drug is already scheduled it makes even less sense.  If it is illegal anyways you might as well make and sell one of the safer 2c family of drugs.  The guy that sold it as molly deserves some horrible trips in the future.  What an asswipe.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:00:25 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GOOPYBREATH

• Omnia mea mecum porto...
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • GOOPYBREATH is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
  • Call me John Doe, let the good times roll
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
I've definitely heard some 2C-p horror stories. 2c-e on the other hand is lovely. Intense, but lovely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:12:40 PM »
6mg 2C-P is just a threshold dose, lasts 12-14hrs
8mg is a decent dose and steps the effects up a little
10mg is fucking intense and last 16+hrs

My friends tried 12, 14, and 16mg doses

The difference between a fun trip and nightmare hellscape
where you are hallucinating so much your essentially blind
is an amount too small to be seen by the human eye
those higher doses are active for 20+hrs btw

I was offered #50 10mg oxys if I would take a 10mg dose
and didnt take the offer
so that should tell you something (I LOVE ME SOME PSYCHEDELICS BUT DAYUM!)

I will say it was extremely popular when my friend had it for sale
Same peeps coming back every weekend, sometimes twice a week
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:16:30 PM by thetalkingasshole »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
I once injected a tiny amount of 2-CB (20 mg, maybe ?) and i remember retreating into the bushes near a graveyard for many, many hours.

it was literally TOO intense, interesting on some level but simply too overwhelming.

I never feel "comfortable" on drugs that are too trippy ... this stuff sounds even worse !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions