dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: suboxone smuggled into new mexico jail  (Read 17860 times)

Offline clinton (OP)

• Reputation Power: 8
  • clinton is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 13, 2016, 05:09:47 AM
  • Harm Reduction & Safe Using
suboxone smuggled into new mexico jail
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:00:55 AM »

http://m.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/suboxone-bust-at-jail-triggers-investigation/article_1ea1412c-c2a8-5be0-aef5-3ecdcaecd3c4.html?mode=jqm

Suboxone bust at jail triggers investigation

By Andrew Oxford
The New Mexican | Updated 2 days ago

A corrections officer’s discovery of 170 Suboxone strips inside a pair of hair clippers at the Santa Fe County jail has spurred an investigation into drug smuggling at the facility, with detectives questioning staff and inmates.

Detention center personnel called deputies to the jail around noon March 19 after a Santa Fe woman delivered the electric clippers to the jail off N.M. 14.

A sergeant who had been monitoring inmate phone calls was suspicious that contraband might be concealed inside the clippers, according to an affidavit filed in Santa Fe County Magistrate Court.

The affidavit says an inmate called a woman and asked her to pick up Lauren Herrera, 31, to deliver the clippers.

The inmate instructed the woman to tell Herrera the clippers were to be delivered not for a particular inmate but for an entire pod.

The sergeant searched the clippers and found several packages of Suboxone, the affidavit states.

Also known as buprenorphine, the drug is used to treat opiate dependency.

Corrections staff counted 170 strips of Suboxone inside the clippers.

Personnel suspect the delivery was intended for several inmates inside the jail, the affidavit says.

Deputies arrested Herrera on Monday on suspicion of distributing a controlled substance, bringing contraband into a jail and conspiring to bring contraband into a jail. She remains in custody at the county detention center in lieu of a $10,000 bond.

The investigation continues.

Sheriff Robert A. Garcia said in a statement Friday that detectives are questioning jail inmates and staff.

“We’re investigating the possible involvement of other people,” Garcia said when contacted by phone Friday afternoon.

The sheriff said no else has been charged and referred a reporter to the county’s human resources department when asked if any jail staff had been placed on leave during the investigation. When a reporter contacted a county spokesperson, the human resources department had already closed for the Good Friday holiday.

Contact Andrew Oxford at 986-3093 or aoxford@sfnewmexican.com.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In the vein...

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
Re: suboxone smuggled into new mexico jail
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »
In lieu of a 10k bond? Does that mean she bonded out and they kept her? And that means her original bond amount is 10k or 100k? I've gotten a 5k bond (that I paid 500 on to get out) just for misdemeanor weed pos....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »
All I know is if I actually end up getting time, someone better be smuggling some dope into that joint. I doubt it because it would be county but never been to any jail so I'm crossing my fingers on some kinda trade. It would suck if it's actually in Lancaster County as well, god damn Levi and the Amish Mafia will be crip walking up in that shit hole slanging pop rocks and gobstoppers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline jonnyr3b

• SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • jonnyr3b is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2019, 09:53:44 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »
there's dope in county
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
Well that's good to know, thanks. Never really thought about it until reading this thread for some reason. Figured County may be a long shot but I obviously don't know much about it, I'm sure every joint is different. Will be interesting, hopefully I don't find out though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »
I remember hearin' about a chick who got busted mailing them to her boyfriend "hidden" behind the postage stamp on the envelope, haha.  On the real though, anybody else think it's kinda fucked people have to SMUGGLE in SUBOXONE?  Maybe I'm just a crazy stupid liberal who believes in a higher standard of life and a universal owrth of said lives, for ALL people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
In lieu of a 10k bond? Does that mean she bonded out and they kept her? And that means her original bond amount is 10k or 100k? I've gotten a 5k bond (that I paid 500 on to get out) just for misdemeanor weed pos....

"In lieu of a bond" means that the suspect hasn't paid the bond and is therefore still in custody. And it would be a $10,000 bond that you'd have to pay $1,000 on to a bondsman to get out.

I once had a $10k bond once for Rx fraud. I thought that was excessive for telling some lies over the phone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Indy

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Indy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 02, 2019, 05:57:27 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 07:20:18 PM »
Definitely happens, and I'd be surprised if they'll be able to do anything to stop it. I mean a strip can sell for a couple hundred if you do it piecemeal and in the right jail. The jails I was at, well, not too many people in my area really get that into opiates, mostly just booze. There is dope in county but unless you're like, the rainman of spades you won't be able to support a decent habit. If you're looking at time, I would just have someone send it to you otherwise it's sooo expensive if you have any kind of tolerance. In fact if you have the benefit of a report date you can mail yourself a letter the day you report. I'm not going to go into detail about how it's done, but I wouldn't recommend the under the stamp method, even though the COs never actually bothered to check. Then again I actually didn't have anything sent in to me, I was too afraid to ask someone to do that for me because it is against the law obviously. There were a couple people I was really tempted to write to to ask though...

another interesting thing: in my state of WI, no bail bondsmen. if your bail is 10k it's cash money order or credit card with a huge ass fee tacked on. supposedly bail is less inflated because of it, and that might slightly be the case, but you still see 50k bonds for drug charges all the time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:45:11 PM by Indy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »
Well that's good to know, thanks. Never really thought about it until reading this thread for some reason. Figured County may be a long shot but I obviously don't know much about it, I'm sure every joint is different. Will be interesting, hopefully I don't find out though.

If you have to self-surrender find out what personal items you can bring in.

I was arrested in Miami and while in the holding cell met a young guy who was turning hisme;f inand he brought his own [flip-flops] but his where well made with good soles. He told me he had an 8-ball sewn in between the inner and outr sole by a frindly cobbler in Little Havana. We were all set to be getting high until at the last minute guards put us in separate blocs.

IF, if thre is dope in your county jail it ont be cheap so be sure to bring in plenty of cash to be credited to your commissary/canteen so you can pay for it. NEVER, ever, never get anything on credit in jail.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:32:32 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »
"In lieu of a bond" means that the suspect hasn't paid the bond and is therefore still in custody. And it would be a $10,000 bond that you'd have to pay $1,000 on to a bondsman to get out.

I once had a $10k bond once for Rx fraud. I thought that was excessive for telling some lies over the phone.

Zoops, I think the world of you but every time you say  this I wince a little. "Telling lies over the phone" sounds a little ... self serving. Unless you just called in the bogus script and didn't act to pick it up (if that is you did then I apologize) but I'd think that would only be a conspiracy charge, if they even bothered to pursue it.

People have been scammed out of fortunes by people "telling lies on the phone" so getting some pills is certainly not the worst criminal lie on the phone but it is still fraud. In the bigger picture we've all done SOMETHING we aren't proud of so this isn't judgment. I just wonder if you owned it, it might help you feel less wronged by the law and less a "victim." In turn this MIGHT help you move up and on to better days.

As I sid, no judgement. I just want to see you get all that fully behind you.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:01:15 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 10:49:40 PM »
I remember reading about someone smuggling suboxone through letters, not under the stamp, but i guess they dissolved it in liquid and used it as a water painting their kid did.  Not sure if it was suboxone, i just remember it was orange, its been a while. Good idea lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 11:13:15 PM »
good idea until the COs catch on when you keep eating all the artwork thats sent to you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Indy

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Indy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 02, 2019, 05:57:27 AM
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »
What, never heard of an art connoisseur?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 01:39:20 PM »
Zoops, I think the world of you but every time you say  this I wince a little. "Telling lies over the phone" sounds a little ... self serving. Unless you just called in the bogus script and didn't act to pick it up (if you did then I apologize) but I'd think that would be a conspiracy charge, if they even bothered to pursue it.

People have been scammed out of fortunes by people "telling lies on the phone" so getting some pills is certainly not the worst criminal lie on the phone but it is still fraud. In the bigger picture we've all done OMETHING we aren't proud of so this isn't judgment. I just wonder if you owned it, it might help you feel less wronged by the law and less a "victim." In turn this MIGHT help you move up and on to better days.

s I sid, no judgement. I just want to see you get all that fully behind you.

I have to jump on this bandwagon. Zoops, I like you, I do, I enjoy your presence here, but I have to agree and had actually typed out a post the other day just like the one deadc just posted, but I didn't ahve time to finish it.

Telling lies over the phone isn't ALL you did. I mean, you called in with fake doctors license numbers, and called in fake scripts. Then you went and picked up those scripts. That is basically the DEFINITION OF PRESCRIPTION FRAUD. Don't get me wrong, I get it, and I'm not judging you, I've been there and worse, believe me I'm not turning up my nose at you. But "telling lies over the phone" is a DRASTIC understatement.

I think about "telling lies" and as it relates to my business (I'm a control valve engineer). I write programs and input functions to give out information and engineered specs to customers and the math and the equations that go into it are way way way out of the understanding of the customers, but I have to give them the right answers. As nice as it would be to lie and tell them the valve will perform better than it does, I can't do that. They'd probably never know the difference and certainly don't have the ability to prove me wrong easily, but there are consequences for lying and unfortunately you were met with one of those.

Now, I will say that the system for prescriptions in this country is fucked, it would be great if the fucking DEA would keep their noses out of it, but they get on the cases of Dr.'s that are prescribing and therefore no one wants to prescribe, so we end up having to take other avenues to get our shit, since getting them legally has been FUCKED UP BAD and is out of the question.

But again, I'm not tryig to talk down to you, but you're severely downplaying the whole thing a bit, don't ya think?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline KurtRambus

• Regular
  • KurtRambus is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2016, 04:02:22 AM
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 06:27:49 PM »
My dude hit me up had his girl hmu to get like 20 subs he is in there well I had the tex so when she texted she wasn't specific  she got em but they never ended up getting to him.. I told her it was a bad idea altho she could make a white paste out of them probably and dry it on a card and tie it in with some art, etc...
I do agree with what you guys are saying... but I took it as Zoops was joking about it.. And it made me laugh inside.. not literally, because im dead inside.... and on hold with the BMV >50 min now.. but if he was belittling what he did I think ya should own up to that one man..
Although the circumstances for addicts in this country can leave many of us in dire and desperate situations, and it was damn near a victimless crime... Gotta own up to it.  I think ya know that tho.   Hope this finds you well, whomever is reading this.  Been off the board for awhile... but coming up on a year clean no Heroin..  Just bupe.  and self medicating with benzo's and Good AsFuc ''Loud'' 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions