dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Back to South America.......  (Read 21048 times)

Offline DeadCat (OP)

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Back to South America.......
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 11, 2016, 01:04:48 AM »
Yeah risking prison abroad is no joke, I had a horrible nightmare about being in a prison in thailand unable to go home. Unfortunately friday is do or die day for me as well when i figure out if my PO is going to put me in jail to kick or not for lying about finishing my community service, both fingers crossed i plan on taking my dose with me so I can just double dose before they take me in hopes of sleeping through booking and prolonging my time w/o withdrawal.

I hate jail it has been the cause of so much anxiety this last month. oh well i digress I would love to see updates dc so please do! You have inspired me to try and get out of the country next year if I get off paper in January.

For anyone who travels do you think $3000-$4000 would be enough for a 2-4 week trip abroad? I am thinking of taking extra student loans to either visit south america maybe a biking trip to Argentina so i can visit a lot more countries and get the non tour guided feel you were talking about,

Right now the 2 other places I am considering are Europe or Africa. If I goto Africa probably somewhere around South Africa then go up towards tanania or kenya and hopefully climb mt. kilimanjaro. In Europe I'd probably goto Portugal, spain, germany, Amsterdam, and then maybe England.

So far flights I think I have found round trips for less then 1300$ so the rest would be the trip but I'd like to know a bit from someone experienced. Also for going through different countries are there any problems or things I should know for a trip like that, sorry to thread jack you guys can pm if anyone has any info this thread and you DC have inspired me to do this while I still can before I turn 30.

It depends what countries you visit, how you travel (bus air) and where you stay you an get a bed in a shared room at a hostel for about $10 a night. That's fine if you are young and reavelling with friends but the lack of privcy and comfort makes it less desireavle for the oldster of us.

Then there's this: https://www.vice.com/read/this-is-what-bolivias-legendary-cocaine-bar-is-actually-like-903

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:23:36 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tony

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Tony is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 29, 2017, 12:41:33 PM
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 01:13:28 AM »
Hello Deadcat,

Damn man. I wish I had seen this thread before you left. It just so happens that the company I work for currently is owed over USD 900K for work done
on some Engines and accessories that belong to a company in Medellin! We are secured in the respect that we are in possession of the customers property,
so we can do do a foreclosure  on the property. It would have been cool if you could have financed your trip by making a visit that resulted in them clearing the invoices. Although it is not a situation that is completely without  risk. Those boys are noted to play rough down that way, and they start off very young. They say that Pablo was dong hits while driving on a motorbike.

Brother I am green with envy! You are living the dream. I currently could not come anyway. I am 4 weeks into a 12 week Hep C treatment with some very strong
DAA ( Direct Acting Antivirals ). I am taking Sovaldi and Daclatasvir.If you just happen in your travels to come across either or both of these drugs, please check on the price to a regular citizen. Also the price for a Gringo that happened to have the need.

Have a great time and be safe my friend! One day we will make the trip together.

Peace and Via Con Dias,

Tony 2016 Don't tread on me!

P.S. Please keep an eye out for quantities of San Pedro Cactus.I hear some folks are making a small fortune
exporting this fast growing ally plant!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:15:51 AM by Tony »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:21:48 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 02:21:37 AM »
{snip}
I am 4 weeks into a 12 week Hep C treatment with some very strong
DAA ( Direct Acting Antivirals ). I am taking Sovaldi and Daclatasvir.If you just happen in your travels to come across either or both of these drugs, please check on the price to a regular citizen.
{snip}

how about Harvoni (http://www.harvoni.com/) ? it's a revolutionary HCV treatment that they are using in Aus. check it out, you may want to switch to it if it's affordable.

it is a combination therapy consisting of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir - my mate who has Hep C in the brain is currently on it and it's the first time they have been able to treat his hep. with anything that didn't try to kill him (he has AIDS).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:25:17 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Jethro

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Jethro is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 22, 2020, 09:56:26 AM
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 06:02:01 PM »
Griffin, Wait until you are off paper. IF you could get a passport . . . 
when you show up to get on an international flight . . .
 red lights will start flashing and steel gates are gonna slam shut around you.
    This is a bit more than slinking of to Oklahoma !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat (OP)

• Deceased
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
Tony, Griffin,

I forgot all about this thread becasue I've been posting in the "out of the Public Eye...."  one. Your posts resurrected this one.
Because I want to be sure I am not breaking any rules here I'll ask that talk about finding medicines or supplements I will be happy to talk about specifics in emails.

Griffin, I suppose you need to get a direct answer to this from your probation officer but I was on "unsupervised probation" when I got on the plane and since then it has expired but I did check and I was told it was no problem. My understanding is that if you are wanted for felony warrants you can't get a passport but as long as you are in good standing with the authorites and complying with whatever your specific requirements it isn't necessarily prohibited.

Tony, I am here for a couple more weeks. We should talk by email.

There are little health food stores that have all kinds of exotic dried plants for sale here, I just don't recognize them. I know that South American countries are now telling the US to fcuk off with their war on drugs and allowing personal use of formerly controlled substances, particularly if they are native to the area. Peru is taking the stance that they are "part of their cultural heritage."

Today I was out exploring the city and I walked by a kid sitting on a stoop filling a little corn cob pipe with white rocks and preparing to spark them up as I walked by. However, I also know there is a stigma against smoking crack but not snorting powder so I kept walking.  Plus, I never truly liked freebase or crack it was just too overwhelming for me and my preference is for the opiates and that kind of high anyway.

I am sure if I was here for longer and made more local friends I could find H but it's not the kind of thing you bring up as a foreigner who barely speaks the language 10 minutes after you meet someone.

Tony, the father of a guy I've gotten to know a little down here owned a bus company and he told me when he was young someone warned his father that he and his two brothers were targeted for kidnapping, which did go an a lot here. He said his father had to reach out to the "organization" and negotiate for it to be called off. The price was he had to give 3 buses to the group to keep his 3 sons safe.  I could talk to him a little about your company's problem. He might know someone to talk to about it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jethro

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Jethro is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 22, 2020, 09:56:26 AM
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
   Perhaps someone on probation can get a passport.
It is a big leap to "PO okays a trip to Medellin".  LOL
  And on the  price of international travel . . .
"If you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
I'm on misdemeanor probation and can't get a passport was told no for my original charges and again for the new charges, I can't even leave the state with out jerking off my PO. That is one of the bigger things I am looking forward to when getting off, I am moving out of this state and then leaving the country for 3 months, and hoping I don't end up at the bangkok hilton with my past luck with the law, so I don't plan on touching drugs unless I am in portugal or places like columbia where they aren't going to keep me for a bit of coke or whatever.

That is good to know though about you being able to get one, did you have your passport before you got on probation? I let mine expire like an idiot, and both times I went to check about renewing it they said no. I don't know if it is charge or state specific, it shouldn't be, I'd understand if you have warrants, but if your on probation and you haven't fucked it up they should leave you be. I am some what worried I wont be able to enjoy some countries because of my charges but hopefully in time people will understand charges in america don't mean shit or any wrong doing.

I have never asked my PO specifically about passports, or leaving the country I am sure she would laugh in my face then accuse me of trying to bail and impose some extra bs on me. I haven't been able to read my PO i have had for almost a year now though, she seems nice, sweet, and understanding, but I just get the feeling that is an act to pull you in to get to trust her so she can have her way with you the second you admit to any wrong doing. The last one was no nonsense and she let you know if you sneezed out of place she was going to bend you over the desk before you could say excuse me.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:45:06 AM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 02:41:05 PM »
Did you apply to the US State Department directly for the renewal or just ask yout (privately employed) probation officer?  I had to get mine renewed last year and I was on probation at the time but it sailed right through.

If you haven't actually submitted the paperwork through the correct channels I would just do that and see what happens. BTW, when you (anyone) applies it is worth the extra $40 to ask for both the passport and the "US Passport ID Card" which is wallet sized and valid ID anywhere inthe world.

As far as you getting local clearance the way to do it (and I did this years ago to leave a state I was on probation in) is ask your lawyer/public defender to file for permission to travel out od state or even leave the state permenantly and have the probation continued by mail or by the new state's dept of corrections (whoever handles probations).  When I did this it was under felony probation and my lawyer told the judge I had a job offer the judge immediately approved it. One of the reasons I left is that I was using and knew that sooner or later they would catch me either with dope or drop a dirty UA and it would get worse.

Don't take a private corrections company employee's word for it. They BUSINESS is to keep you running in that hampster wheel and making them money, not help you get on with your life.

FFS it is MISDEMEANOR probation it shouldn't ruin your life.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
Yeah, both times it was at the post office when I asked about applying, I haven't ran it past the PO and never will. Yeah when I got sentenced the first time, I told the judge I was homeless, knew no one in the state, had no money or possessions, etc, and he said he would appove me to  move. Then at the PO office she told me I had to go through interstate compact, and then if they approved me they would send it to the judge to get approved. Well Interstate compact told me my charges make me ineligible to move to another state on both my first charge and my charges from the last arrest.

Bastard's I had to pay $100 both times to be told to fuck off, I had already talked to Oklahoma people and they said they'd take me with my charges, my po wasn't against it, and that I could be on unsupervised, and then interstate compact told me to kick rocks... twice. How the fuck is the lowest misdemeanor (m3?) for calling someone without purpose or intent of actual conversation on the no list, and dui and possession come on they pass that shit out like candy.

... Fuck interstate compact, fuck the judicial system, fuck po's, fuck dickhead cops, and fuck all the assholes that been fucking with me for the past 3 years, its misdemeanor probation suck a dick I haven't killed anyone... yet but damn if they aren't trying to force that outcome. I am going to go through the state department and not the punk ass post office and im asking about this passport shit, not that they'd let me leave the country but it's a matter of pride right now, and plus if I need to flee to an unextraditable country I don't have the cash to do it the hard way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal