dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I almost died or had a stroke -- my GHB (1,4 BDO) "bad reaction" / OD? story  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2024, 08:06:39 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
see: https://m.psychonautwiki.org/wiki/1,4-Butanediol

note: there are 2 GHB prodrugs and the other one is GBL. I have had absolute confirmation that this was 1,4 Butanediol.

I was given some for free after helping a friend out. It usually costs between $AUD 5-10 per millilitre.

I last remember consuming about 7 ml of diluted 1,4 BDO (a GHB prodrug that likely had a little GHB and water added) after trying a few smaller doses for safety's sake, prior to going to bed. I had also taken a little Meth the previous day. This was about 1:30 AM and the next thing I know, i awoke in the Hospital's ICU ward.

Apparently during the night, I started screaming, moaning and thrashing around. My housemate was so worried after I rolled out of bed and fell onto the floor that she called an ambulance and 4 paramedics arrived.

Apparently I became very combative, very aggressive and even violent (which I never am otherwise) so they decided, against best practise I believe, to sedate me with Droperidol then Ketamine and Midazolam, and with Morphine to intubate me.

I woke up around 5 PM that same day and found out what happened.

I was shocked as I have never reacted badly to GHB before (and on Meth) and still can't find any documented cases like mine despite searching the internet but I did read that high doses can cause hallucinations, confusion and agitation.

My advice is to always remember that some drugs may cause certain people adverse reactions. Maybe the residual effects of the Meth aggravated the situation but I doubt it.

The doctor said that I had a bad reaction to it and to stop taking all drugs, especially at my age (I'm over 60, he said that the cutoff point is 50). He also said that it could've caused a stroke or left me brain-dead due to oxygen deprivation. He added that I was very lucky.

The dose/response curve is too non-linear !

I'm just glad to be alive ! And, oh yes, they took all my GHB too but that's fine by me.

Note: When I mention GHB, I mean 1,4 BDO.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 09:56:42 PM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline smfadmin

• SMF (internal) Site
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • smfadmin has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 29, 2023, 06:02:36 AM
  • Supplied Install Member
Some facts:

1,4 BDO costs as little as $USD 10-20 per kg from China.

If you are caught in Australia with one to five kilograms of 1,4 BDO then you face a mandatory 3 years' imprisonment and a $50,000 fine. The punishment more than doubles if the amount seized is between five to 10 kilograms.

Not only is it dangerous but it is also highly addictive and like alcohol, death during withdrawal is possible.

from UK-rehab.com:

Impact of Long-Term GHB Abuse on the Brain:

It is believed that GHB can cause permanent cognitive problems, including attention deficit, an inability to solve complex problems, impaired memory including an incapacity for new memories, as well as diminished spatial and verbal reasoning capabilities. Psychological disorders including psychosis and delirium have also been observed in long-term GHB users, though it is unclear to what extent they are associated with neurological damage.

The Addiction:

The addiction is both psychological and physical - see below:

While a full clinical understanding of GHB’s effects has not yet been achieved, it is thought that dependence and psychological addiction can manifest very quickly – within a matter of a few weeks. The more frequently someone consumes GHB the greater the risk that they will develop an addiction to it. If GHB becomes a regular aspect of someone’s personal and/or social life, they are in significant danger of becoming addicted to GHB.

It is often used as a date rape drug.

To read all about GHB addiction go to https://www.uk-rehab.com/drug-addiction/ghb/

Diazepam is used to slowly wean addicts off GHB and it's prodrugs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:34:11 AM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions