dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: My thoughts On Diazepam  (Read 10709 times)

Offline Jega (OP)

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
My thoughts On Diazepam
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:15:41 AM »
We don't believe we have a real thread on Diazepam yet!?!? Tisk Tisk Tisk.

I'm a guy that likes Benzos. I like everything from Lorazepam to Midazolam. From Etizolam to Flutrobromazolam, oh and Triazolam too. It's hard to find a benzo I don't like. But for some strange reason, I don't believe I ever tried Diazepam. The one that started it all.

Well I got some today. For reasons that don't really matter to the post I filled a script for 90 10mg Diazepam. It's 3:30 at the moment I write this but lord knows when I'll finish it. I picked it up the script at 5 pm, the way I feel, I think i'll still be awake at 5am. While I've taken 80mg already throughout the day, I'm taking 20mg now, and 100mg in 12 hours has given me an interesting perspective on this.

One of my first thoughts is this is what I wanted Clonazepam to be. Slow onset but just a general calming effect where Alprazolam or really more of the triazlo's I've ever tried bring you down and being you down fast and hard. This is not that. Not by any measure is this not like any triazolobenzodiazepine (I like triazlo's if you didn't know) I've ever tried.

Diazepam is like calm waves in a bay at rest while Xanax is a pebble that makes immediate changes to everything around it.

Diazepam had no bond on the phenol ring which tends to give it no hypnotic properties which in all fairness, was the idea in it's design but it still had a chlorine at the 7 position since most benzodiazepines that don't have that need absurdly high dosages. I've noticed that on the R2 of the diazepine ring. Even Lorazepam which has a OH bind on the R3 something I can't think of anything else trying yet continue the O R2 bind. The only benzodiazepines I have seen without a O R2 Bind are triazolobenzodiazepine. Has anyone else considered this? I find this interesting.

Well it's been 30 minutes and yeah I feel that calming feeling. It's not like other hard hitting benzos I've been on recently. This is...saying this is like a warming feeling is such a cliche and frankly it's not. It's more like a blanket. Frankly I don't know what I like more. When you're really in a state of panic you want that bloody hammer. Could a steady dose of this along with other meds keep the need for the hammer away? Possibly.

But Psychiatrist is already going to have me going back to Alprazolam 3x per day so this is just my little try of real Valium and I felt like sharing some late night thoughts. What are other thoughts on Valium?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shoybs

• Chronically Relapsing Suboxone Patient
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • shoybs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 31, 2016, 05:16:38 PM
  • In recovery - but I'd blow it for a dilaudid.
Re: My thoughts On Diazepam
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:58:17 AM »
Everyone i know would seemingly take alprazolam any day over diazepam - and i call them all fucking crazy!

I genuinely get angry about the fact that from a doctor or on the street - diazepam is so fucking difficult to find.

Alprazolam, for me, is just too impossible to hit the correct dose. I think somewhere around 1.83mg would be the exact point where i might feel a nice buzz. But since at minimum they come in .25mg tablets, I've found that 1.75mg i dont feel at all... But 2mg = blackout city.

Diazepam though... I can take anywhere from 40 to 100mg without blacking out. And 60mg is about the sweet spot for me. The only benzo ive ever tried thats given me honest to god couch-lock. I remember taking 60mg and just chilling out watching tv with some friends, and when i went to get up, i had jelly-legs and it was like every muscle i used to get up exploded with this euphoric feeling. I wish i could get this type of feeling from alprazolam, clonazepam, or lorazepam.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
SHoYBS

Offline cpwhyme

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cpwhyme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 23, 2017, 06:38:53 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:11:21 AM »
Glad you are getting to check out valium. I think it works well as a tool for crossover from other benzos to eventually taper, which is what I ended up doing twice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 06:15:35 AM »
my favorite benzo but only once in a blue moon.

less is more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
Alprazolam/clonazepam are a one way ticket to ruining my life
2mg feels like nothing, 3mg causes me to black out
not fun yet still desirable, total insanity

I have always loved benzodiazepines, I just cant get access to the ones I want
primarily diazepam because of how it really is a subtle way to get the benzo feeling
im not in the habit of not being totally conscious and present in reality by any means
but taking more potent benzos is kinda too much even for me(usually)

Temazepam is hands down my favorite and is even less potent than diazepam
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline shoybs

• Chronically Relapsing Suboxone Patient
  • shoybs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 31, 2016, 05:16:38 PM
  • In recovery - but I'd blow it for a dilaudid.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »
Alprazolam/clonazepam are a one way ticket to ruining my life
2mg feels like nothing, 3mg causes me to black out
not fun yet still desirable, total insanity

I have always loved benzodiazepines, I just cant get access to the ones I want
primarily diazepam because of how it really is a subtle way to get the benzo feeling
im not in the habit of not being totally conscious and present in reality by any means
but taking more potent benzos is kinda too much even for me(usually)

Temazepam is hands down my favorite and is even less potent than diazepam

You pretty much nailed it. I would love love LOVE to find temmies someday. I hear so many good things about them and they sound exactly like what I would want in a benzo.

To put it in perspective, the last time I had valium I took 50mg and laid out on the couch in my living room, chain-smoking and watching TV, perfectly content and feeling wonderful, remaining conscious and lucid the entire time. The last time I had xanax, i bought 30 1mg tabs, took 3mg before going to bed, and the next thing i knew, it was two days later, my parents werent speaking to me, my car was wrecked, and all my xanax were gone. I later pieced together what happened.

The following morning, still fucked up, i took an unknown number more xanax and drove to my parents house to do laundry. While pulling into their driveway I passed out and crashed my car into the front of their brand-new fifth-wheel camper. My dad came out and starred yelling, I started yelling back and told him to burn in hell, and i went inside to do my laundry. He came down and confronted me for being obviously fucked up, and in a rage I punched a closet door off of its hinges. Eventually I drove back to my apartment, took more xanax probably, and fell asleep. The next morning was Monday, and i probably took some more xanax, and then drove to work. I passed out while approaching a busy intersection, and rear-ended an SUV. The jarring of the accident brought me back to lucidity, and i had to quickly figure out what the hell was going on. I pulled over and checked on the driver of the other car. She was okay, but she was a fucking bitch. I walked over to her car and just as I was saying "Oh my god are you okay?" she cut me off and said "Don't tell me - you were texting, right asshole!?" So I was like "Uhhh, no I was not texting, I didn't sleep well last night so I dozed off for a second." An officer arrived at the scene and talked to the lady, then asked me what happened. I told him that I was tired from not sleeping well, and that I must've dozed off or spaced out for a second. He asked if i was heading to work, which i was, so he told me i may leave. So lucky that he decided to just leave it at that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
SHoYBS

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:58 PM »
Speaking as someone with a decade of intense benzo use under his belt, I still can't find one that gives me an equal amount of relief or euphoria (depending on what im using it for at that moment, and dosing accordingly) as Xanax (alpraz).  Temaz being right behind it, but needing WAY more of it (even when using a rational conversion) in comparison.  I never found valium (diazepam) to have much use for either anxiety or pleasure UNLESS I'm withdrawaling hard from opiates and/or benzos.  K-pins (clonazepam) seems to give me a very similar feeling to valium, I'm assuming it has to do with their relatively long half-life in comparison to alpraz/temaz.

As with all drugs, my experience can and does differ greatly from others.  Whether it be because of body chemistry or personal preference, Xanax seems to give people blackouts VERY easily where as diazepam seems to "blanket" people with a relaxing sedation, as Jega described, I can only speak for myself.  And I'm honestly very jealous of the majority of people when it comes to their relative sensitivity to benzos in general.

Remember, you can always take more, but it doesn't work the other way around!  Be safe friends.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:33:42 PM by DreamerOnTheRun »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:10 AM »
I have TERRIBLE insomnia and anxiety due constant pain; its controlled(the pain)pretty well with 100mcg Duragesic patch; I change
them every 48h; after trying all of the benzo's and sleep drugs, what is helping me is 2 .25 ODT Klonapin, and 4mg Zanaflex  both at nite,
I feel like I'm on a cloud and can fall asleep.

One nite, I found myself in my kitchen removing the burner pans to wash them, that's when I became aware I was in my kitchen instead
of my bed!  That is the 1st time I ever sleep walked-it was kind of scary-thinking what if I had gone out to my car to drive.  My husband
has now hung a ring with little bells on it, around the bedroom door knob, lol. But all jokes aside, that really scared me!

The combo of the zanaflex and klonapin is no joke-for me anyways-along with the fent in my system, and the occasional prn 30mg roxy for
bt pain.  There is nothing worse than being exhausted, but you cannot sleep, accompanied by that anxious feeling.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:12:08 AM by Wildcat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 03:45:33 PM »
the most prominent feature of Diazepam to me is that i notice it's effects coming on within 10 minutes ... and it hangs around, too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fleas Bass

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Fleas Bass is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 07, 2018, 08:11:53 PM
  • Intelligent man doing unintelligent things
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »
My experiences with diazepam are fairly limited but very pleasant.

Free diazepam, free butalbital, and fishing in the gulf of Mexico is a one way ticket to bias.

In retrospect it alone and with low dose barbiturates was subtle in a perfect way. At the time I just wanted to get twisted but my somewhat stagnated memory of those days was very blissful. Like a deep exhale in the embrace of someone you care about. Not a feeling that fucks you up or rocks you, just a profound calm.

If only my mind could stay there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation."

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »
... and your body too. The Diaz will relax your muscles making you feel physically calm and loosely comfortable. Ahh ...

WARNING: novices can still blackout and develop amnesia for hours IF also on opiates/alcohol + being also somewhat tired AND reach or go beyond 20 mg.

If so, likelihood of overdose on opiates is a real threat so buddy up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corpus striatum

• Reputation Power: 3
  • corpus striatum is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 01, 2019, 06:57:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:23 AM »
I fondly remember diazepam amps, 10mg/2ml, branded as Diazemuls (ie emulsion- the liquid was like milk and much less irritant than standard diazepam solution when injected); 4ml IV was promptly hypnotic for me back in the day.

A benzo that crossed my path recently was Clonazolam- very potent stuff and I imagine potentially very destructive to a benzo lover with ready access to it. This compound strikes me as ranking high on the abuse potential rankings but fortunately I only use benzos as a comedown aid rather than for their own 'merits'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline FreedomOrBust

• Reputation Power: 10
  • FreedomOrBust is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 24, 2017, 06:42:48 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 09:10:46 AM »
I'm currently having an one of my on-again love affairs with diazepam - Betapams and Teva branded med's. One or two under the tongue, and a couple snorted for good measure.  I love the way you just drift in and out so easily - like the ebb and flow of the tide on a warm summer's eve.

They should give this drug to people that have reached the end of life.  What better way to go than to gracefully fade out of awareness, with no pain or regrets.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions