dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Amfonelic Acid  (Read 24911 times)

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Amfonelic Acid
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »
I just placed an order from New Edge Nootropics for 0.25g of pure amfonelic acid powder. I just read about this substance last night. According to their website, I should get it on or before Friday, 12 February.

It is purported to be a potent dopamine reuptake inhibitor, and was actually developed as an antibiotic of the quinolone class, actually it is comprised of a central naphthyridine nucleus. The compound is closely related, structurally to the antibiotic nalidixic acid, and has antibiotic activity in its own right, in addition to some pretty potent CNS activity of the dopaminergic stimulant variety. Its ki for the dopamine reuptake transporter is lower than that of methylphenidate and cocaine, which indicates that its activity at that site of action is more potent, i.e., a lower concentration of the compound at the site of action will have the same activity (of inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine back into the presynaptic neuron after it has been released, thereby causing a greater concentration of the neurotransmitter at post-synaptic receptors).

its molecular structure is shown by the following diagram:

* Amfonelic_acid.jpg (1.7 kB . 220x115 - viewed 1225 times)

There have been some concerns from users that since this compound possess antibiotic activity, mostly against gram-negative bacteria (such as E. coli, Proteus, Shigella, Enterobacter, and Klebsiella), due to its inhibition of bacterial topoisomerase and DNA gyrase enzymes, which are necessary for bacterial reproduction, that its continued use could pose problems with resistant bacterial infections within the user's body. Since no information about the antibiotic dosage of amfonelic acid is readily available, one can look to the closely related antibiotic nalidixic acid, (trademark name "NegGram") for its antibiotic dosage. Recommended initial therapy with NegGram is 1g (one gram), taken four times daily for one to two weeks, for the treatment of gram-negative urinary tract infections. Like other, less-closely related quinolone antibiotics (such as ciprofloxacin), the drug is rapidly eliminated from the body, but is concentrated in urine, since it is renally eliminated. This makes this class of drug ideal for the treatment of urinary tract infections.

For CNS stimulant effects, amfonelic acid is taken orally at doses of 20-50mg, according to "trip" reports found on various internet sources.

Because the antibiotic dosage of the closely related compound nalidixic acid is so high, relative to the dosage required for amfonelic acid's CNS effects, one can safely assume that problems related to the development of resistant bacteria in the user's body are not likely, but continued use could pose problems, as tolerance is likely to develop rapidly if this is like other stimulants. So, the dosage could conceivably rise to the level of antibiotic activity with prolonged use.

No reports on Erowid about this substance alone. Only one report where it was taken along with DXM, etizolam and alcohol was found on Erowid. Very little anecdotal reports on the use of this compound were found at all, in fact. But it seems the general consensus that it is habit forming, as rats will self-administer it, and prefer it to cocaine in fact.

I will be getting it Friday or before, hopefully. The vendor is US-based, I believe. 250mg was $56.06, with free shipping included, so it was pretty cheap. I hope what I get is not lactose or inositol powder. The vendor was "Google Approved," for whatever that's worth.

sources: RxList monograph on nalidixic acid, Wikipedia monograph on amfonelic acid, Drugs.Com monograph on nalidixic acid, FDA prescribing information for Nalidixic acid, UKChemResearch.com thread on amfonelic acid, various Bl00light threads on amfonelic acid
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:20:18 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Re: Amfonelic Acid
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »
Definitely let us know how it works. What routes of administration are available for this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »
I'm planning on just taking it orally. That's the only thing I read about. Buuuuuut, you never know till you try? I know exactly what you're thinking. And I may (may) try it, if it's as good as they say it is. Should be very water soluble, since it's an organic acid. That makes me wonder - is it provided as a salt or the free acid? it just said "amfonelic acid powder" so I guess it's the free acid.

Tianeptine is also an organic acid (carboxylic acid), and it's provided as the free acid too, I believe. I'll message someone on here that has been messing with that stuff and ask him what it says on the labeling, if any came with it.

I've done a little more reading on it this morning, and its antibiotic activity is like 3 times less than that of the closely related compound nalidixic acid. So, that's actually good news.

It has NO activity with serotonin or norepinephrine. Purely dopaminergic activity (DRI), and it is 50 times more potent a DRI than is methylphenidate. More potent than cocaine too, but I don't know how much more potent.

A lot of stuff on the 'net is saying that this thing could potentially blow waaaaay up. People have said "it's the perfect stimulant," like you can get totally jacked up on it yet still go to sleep. I plan on having (hopefully) some etizolam around the end of the week too, so that would be good in case of an emergency with this stuff.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:29:27 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »
the perfect stimulant ?

we're always looking for the perfect maintenance therapies for stimulant users/abusers ... that's what we need to help people transition away from Methamphetamine and Cocaine.

interesting ... thanks Zoops ... let us know how it goes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »
The perfect stimulant claim peeked my interest too.

Looking forward to your follow up report
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:06:39 PM »
The perfect stimulant claim peeked my interest too.

Looking forward to your follow up report

I'm not trying to come across in a negative way, but the word is actually "piqued". Just trying to be helpful, hope you don't take the wrong way :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »
the perfect stimulant ?

we're always looking for the perfect maintenance therapies for stimulant users/abusers ... that's what we need to help people transition away from Methamphetamine and Cocaine.

interesting ... thanks Zoops ... let us know how it goes.

When I was in an inpatient rehab in my very early 20's, the doctor there used a med called bromocriptine to detox me from coke. I thought it was effective. I wouldn't mind taking it again by itself. Wikipedia says it's a potent dopamine agonist, specifically D2.

Might be useful for you if you can get it. It's not a controlled substance here.

I'm also interested in hearing the results when you're done, Zoops.

Please don't forget to post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »
I'm not trying to come across in a negative way, but the word is actually "piqued". Just trying to be helpful, hope you don't take the wrong way :)

Yeah, it's piqued, not peeked.

But maybe he meant he got interested and took a peek at it?

nevermind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
I'm planning on just taking it orally. That's the only thing I read about. Buuuuuut, you never know till you try?

I'm not an expert on stims, I freely admit that and there are plenty of people here who know more about stims than I do but I do have experience with RC's.

Start orally. Do an allergy test. Then move up to the lowest dose. Also it's pretty common to not find any trip reports on Erowid for brand new RC's.

Take less than a normal dose, take just a tiny tiny bit and put it in the corner of your mouth. Wait at least one hour preferably a couple hours. If no negative reactions occur take the smallest active dose possible. If still no negative reactions occur then you continue moving up but start small and move from there.

I'm curious zoops what are you looking for from the RC world? What class of drug?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »
Only RC's I've ever messed with have been those synth cann's (if you count that at all, as an "RC" per se - more like they're accepted hard street drugs now at this point), some psychedelics (2C-E, 5MeO-AMT back in 2006), and etizolam.

But I'd really like to try that opioid that @Reezy has been messin with lately, I think it's U-##### or something. And maybe some dibutylone, I heard that one was incredibly euphoric, from a couple reports on Erowid.

This stuff fascinated me as it is a pure DRI, and these are virtually unheard of. People say it's like the euphoria of amphetamine/cocaine, but without any of the peripheral effects, except for a slightly elevated HR.

So, as far as what I'm looking for in RC's, what do ya got? I'm a garbagehead.

Yeah, and true dat on the test dose first with this new material. It IS an antibiotic compound, and those are notorious for causing allergic reactions. I think I've taken Cipro before, which is kind of related structurally to amfonelic acid, and I didn't have any reaction. But I don't remember for sure, so I'm gonna do what you said to do.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:02:35 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »
Yeah i'd like better opioid RC's too. The one you were thinking about is U-47700 which is structurally related too AH-7921.  AH-7921 was unimpressive by all accounts but i've heard good things about U-47700 but I haven't heard a lot about it. I didn't know Reezy had it. I'd be interested in what he has to say (hint hint Reezy, make a thread!)

The psychedelics are always good if that's what you want. I have seen real cocaine analogs on the scene but they tend to be stupid expensive and as such I don't have any first hand experience with them.

There are a lot of benzos coming on the scene now. I just went through a bunch of bookmarks today to delete all the sources that close their websites. Something I do from time to time and i'm seeing Nifoxipam, Adinazolam (which deserves a thread), Deschloroetizolam, 3-Hydroxyphenazepam, plus Clonazolam, Etizolam, and Flubromazolam.

I'm glad you're going to be safe! I don't want anything bad to happen to you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »

Whoa, that is one of those words I've only ever used in the context of verbal communication. Never actually seen it written out. I always interpreted  that as my "interest" was "peeking" into the subject.  Or my interest "peaked" as in at the highest. Not an actual entirely different word! Wtf! Awesome HAHAHAHAHhahHaha
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 12:55:04 AM »
Pique was brought into English from the Old French word piquer, meaning to prick.

As a noun, it means a sudden outburst of anger.

As a verb, it usually means to cause feelings of anger or resentment.

But when it's used as a verb in contexts of interest or curiosity, it means to arouse, excite, or stimulate.

Sorry for the derail. Back to RCs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »
Both the amfonelic acid and a small amount of etizolam have arrived at my local post office as of 8:20am today! And I have the day off! So, yeah, I'll be posting about that a little bit later on...

Gonna take some "acid" today. hahaha.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Deceased
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »
Did a very small bump (insufflated), prolly about 10mg, waited about 30 min. Nothing. Then I did about what I estimate to be 30-40mg bump (insufflated), about 10 min. ago. Starting to feel some sort of come-up, I think. Have a 3mg dose of etiz ready to go if things get too hairy. I'll probably down the etiz anyway before too long, because I can't resist a nice benzo/stimulant combo.

The stuff is a very light yellow powder with very small granules.

I used to take this stuff called phendimetrazine. It is the N-methyl analog of phenmetrazine, aka Preludin, which was really popular with speed freaks in the 70's. Phendimetrazine is a weaker version of it. As long as I didn't re-dose incessantly, which would give me bad bronchoconstriction and make me feel like I couldn't breathe correctly, it was a pretty good stimulant. I would love to take it alongside temazepam. That was a good buzz.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions