dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Help me decipher this  (Read 14200 times)

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Help me decipher this
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 16, 2017, 03:48:56 AM »
This is starting to touch a nerve this time around and I'm not too sure as to why....Bignasty, I get that your ranting, but you're coming off as irrational and just blowing steam. Yes, some cops abuse their power and deserve to get locked up, but not every cop. And society shares a burden of the blame over how law enforcement has evolved in society. The cops don't write the laws that people get locked up for, the politicians that you elect do. And the politicians that you guys elect are the ones who appoint the people who write out officer's standard operating procedure. Venting about how you hate cops doesn't help the situation either. If you really hate what's happening...well...how many times have you reached out to your Representative? Written your Mayor? Made an issue out of it to people who can actually do something about it, rather than just sit here and circle jerk about it.  You can't respect them and I get that, there are a lot of cops I don't respect either. But I also can't respect people who sit around and cluck like a chicken about an issue that has nothing to do with the original topic.

Also, Domestic abuse/assault/battery is actually treated very harshly now. It's one of the very few crimes that are treated nationally as a felony conviction. Most jobs it's a disqualifier- any government job or public office position it is an instant disqualifier. Own a gun? Disqualified. Major bank loans? Disqualified. Drivers license? Some states you lose it. Current and future custodial rights? Bam, gone. Rubber stamped restraining order...The list goes on and on. It's pretty significant.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:23 AM »
This is starting to touch a nerve this time around and I'm not too sure as to why....Bignasty, I get that your ranting, but you're coming off as irrational and just blowing steam. Yes, some cops abuse their power and deserve to get locked up, but not every cop. And society shares a burden of the blame over how law enforcement has evolved in society. The cops don't write the laws that people get locked up for, the politicians that you elect do. And the politicians that you guys elect are the ones who appoint the people who write out officer's standard operating procedure. Venting about how you hate cops doesn't help the situation either. If you really hate what's happening...well...how many times have you reached out to your Representative? Written your Mayor? Made an issue out of it to people who can actually do something about it, rather than just sit here and circle jerk about it.  You can't respect them and I get that, there are a lot of cops I don't respect either. But I also can't respect people who sit around and cluck like a chicken about an issue that has nothing to do with the original topic.

Also, Domestic abuse/assault/battery is actually treated very harshly now. It's one of the very few crimes that are treated nationally as a felony conviction. Most jobs it's a disqualifier- any government job or public office position it is an instant disqualifier. Own a gun? Disqualified. Major bank loans? Disqualified. Drivers license? Some states you lose it. Current and future custodial rights? Bam, gone. Rubber stamped restraining order...The list goes on and on. It's pretty significant.
Yeah, I know and I'm a federal employee! I've also NEVER ABUSED/HIT a woman in my life. I've always supported cops and have met cool ones (DEA or TBN-TN Bureau of Narcotics) that allowed me to go even though I was technically caught with a tank of nitrous in my trunk.

It all comes down to common sense really. If a cop uses common sense, it goes A LONG WAY with me. With the nitrous tank situation, I obviously didn't know the guy I was giving a ride to in the WSP parking lot and they had been watching him selling balloons all night so they let me go. With SOME cops, they'd follow the letter of the law and arrest me since it was technically in MY VEHICLE when they came out guns blazing in their black suits and black boots. The cops that would follow the letter of the law instead of their gut and common sense are the ones I have a problem with.

Same goes with marijuana. I understand it's technically illegal but it's ridiculous to waste taxpayer money when the cop most likely has smoked pot at least once in his life. Have a heart and think with your own brain (not you OpiXPO, just officers in general) instead of blaming the politicians for making the BS laws. If cops and district attorney's would refuse to arrest and prosecute marijuana cases, that would go a LONG way in stopping MJ arrests.

Also, all I can personally do is bitch and rant about it to myself pretty much. That's because I don't have a lot of money and therefore, no power. Unfortunately in this country these days, your words don't really matter much unless you have money. Example: I got in a lot of fights back in the day but only got arrested ONCE when I broke a rich kid's jaw whose stepdad was friends with the judge. It's all about money and who you know. Most poor folks only know other poor folks. Rich folks know other rich folks, ie: the whole purpose for country clubs and other exclusive, expensive clubs or organizations. It's not black and white anymore, it's rich vs. poor. They want us to think it's black vs. white though so we won't realize that they're robbing us blind.

Also, I hear federal prosecutors talking in the elevator at work and they don't even look at poor folks as human beings. You'd be amazed at the things I hear. They're usually rooting for the "defendant/convict" to mess up again when they get probation or a suspended sentence, etc...

As for getting off topic to the OP, that's my fault and I'll take my lumps for that one. Sorry. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:26:43 AM by bignasty »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 05:45:58 AM »
Its hard not to feel resentful of the law.  With the encounters we tend to have with them, it seems pretty easy to paint them all with a commercial roller.

I like to say that I don't much like the police, but there are some great cops
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Brains 2 Guns (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Brains 2 Guns is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 27, 2017, 01:20:51 PM
  • a cosy place for heads
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 12:33:21 PM »
What? This isnt me ranting wtf? Its factual that many of the things us males have been taught to do pertaining to what is attractive to a female is flat out false. You can see this everywhere in society. Im not any of the things the ass hurt people here claimed. I have high self-esteem yet admire my faults. I have true confidence yet am very humble. I simply realise that throughout history women have had very little say in man-made constructs that make up "appropriate" societal interactions and standards. On top of that I assume they are very reluctant to speak up when they hear something that is widely agreed about upon men that they find false. I know for a fact a bunch of shit men are told to do are not really things women truly want and or find attracrive. You couldnt handle bringing actual fact and rationale so you decided to diss me. Cool....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »
not dissing you so much as a healthy conflict of opinion.

i'm still not sure what your point was ... and we are all shaped by our own personal experiences so views may conflict.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »
Bignasty you're totally right about cops. lol on cops I have seen them flip out and lose their shit over some small dude with a tiny pocket knife when they all have guns and outnumber him. And they actually seemed scared too lol.

I was responding to your first post regarding cops that wanna act tough, I'm not addressing any of the other issues in this thread lol.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:08:06 PM by dillydudeEL14 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 05:29:56 AM »
Bignasty you're totally right about cops. lol on cops I have seen them flip out and lose their shit over some small dude with a tiny pocket knife when they all have guns and outnumber him. And they actually seemed scared too lol.

I was responding to your first post regarding cops that wanna act tough, I'm not addressing any of the other issues in this thread lol.
I told/showed a cop that I had a Swiss Army knife one time when he asked me if I had any weapons in the car and he freaked out and put his hand on his gun and told me to drop it. I really thought he was about to shoot me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 11:05:21 PM »
I told/showed a cop that I had a Swiss Army knife one time when he asked me if I had any weapons in the car and he freaked out and put his hand on his gun and told me to drop it. I really thought he was about to shoot me.

I know right?? It's like:

cop: do you have anything that could be considered a weapon on you?

person: yes, sir, I'm going to reach in my pocket slowly with my right hand and pull out a small red swiss army multi-tool, while it's a multi-tool, it does have a 2.5" cutting edge on one of the tools, therefore it can be considered a weapon, so I'm going to get it out and place it on the dashboard within your reach.

**slowly reaches in pocket with other hand on the wheel and lights on in car **

cop: WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING>!?!?!?!? DROP IT RIGHT NOW 

***shoves gun in persons face***
***radios for backup and swat air support**

**backup arrives**

swat commander (to cop): "Carl, it's a good thing you called us in, this guy could've really caused some carnage with this weapon, I'll put you up for a commendation and we'll get this terrorist off the street"

Police/newspaper prints article about thwarting potential terrorist with knife.

Carl gets a promotion

sounds about right to me. Also, I named the cop Carl. It felt fitting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 01:12:43 PM »
This sounds like something that would be in the incel Reddit sub.  Ay yi yii.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 05:22:48 AM »
incel sub is so so so so horrible
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sk8phaze

• Junky Deluxe
  • SA_Chat+
  • sk8phaze has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 26, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
  • Sk8phaze
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 05:20:11 AM »
@Z wow! I just stopped by the incel reddit sub, talk about the most pathetic,  crybaby, boo-hoo'ing ive [possibly] ever read online. They all are in competition to be the biggesg looser not getting laid. They arr making WAYYYY to big a deal of it. No wonder no girls want them. Ive been voluntarily single for 2.5 years now and i LOVE every second of it. I've had many chances to hook up during my
2.5 year hiatus, maybe some other time, i got a nice fat shot waiting for me 😀 then after that ill be nodding equal to a 3 hour orgasm.lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You cant rip out a single  page of your life but you can throw the whole book in the fire. -george sand

We die only once, but for such a long time.
                                 (Unknown)

Z

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 06:11:35 AM »
Yeah. I don't get it either.  It's a cesspool of victimhood and self loathing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal